Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3157270 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Rumor Consolidation 2011
« Reply #4225 on: May 15, 2011, 12:56:24 AM »
Rumor Consolidation 2011

September 2010:
-Itagaki of Team Ninja hints at game Devil's Third being made for Wii2

October 2010:
-Marvell QuadCore processors for new console - *This might have had something to do with Kinect, But I don't remember.
-IBM implies that Wii2 uses Cell based PPC

November 2010:
-Marvell Quad cores gets a large order: From large console manufacturer - *once again might be Kinect related.
-House of the Dead: Overkill 2 in the works 
-EA reviving NFL Blitz

December 2010:

January 2011:
-UltraViolet Media Cloud service coming to a console - Most Likely Sony since Sony is a partner.
-New Pokemon game for Wii

February 2011:
-Wii2 announcement coming soon according to THQ

March 2011:
-Wii2 announcement coming soon according to EA
-AMD working on CPU/GPU combined (Fusion based) chip for console due for release @ end of 2012; Told to bring schedule in for earlier release. *Update* - This matches up with this rumor from back in Dec. AMD Fusion based Xbox 720 in 2012?

April 2011:
-Monster Hunter 3DS to be announced soon
-SSFIV3D connects to home console - Hint @ Wii2 from Capcom and 3DS -> Wii2 connectivity
-Wii price drop to $150 on May 15th *Confirmed*
-Wii2 announcement @ E3: 1080p HD, More powerful than PS360, BC with Wii, release late 2012 *Partially Confirmed*
-New Wii2 controller has HD screen built in
-Wii2 to use Bluray technology
-Wii2 actually aimed at early 2012 release (1st half 2012) *IGN backs this up in their mailbag*
-Controller Screen is actually a Touch Screen
-Project Cafe: Wii2 Controller is a Tablet: 6" touch Screen on Controller, front facing camera & doubles as sensor bar for BC *Codename Confirmed*
-Dual Analogs, Streaming & Games Wii2 controller to rival 3DS, NGP, iPhone & iPad apparently
-1st & 3rd Party games @ E3 EA, Ubisoft & Capcom all but confirmed
-Wii2 = TriCore PPC & R700 class GPU w/ 512+MB Ram Another surprise to be shown @ E3
-3rd Parties have had Wii2 Dev Kits for Months, Has better Motion Tracking than Move
-Pikmin 3 moved to Project Cafe to be shown @ E3; Nintendo also in talks with R* for solid AAA support.
-Wii2 launch June 2012; Rockstar delivering game (?GTA V?) during launch window
-Wii2, 3DS & E3!? Oh Yes!!; 3rd Parties taking a front seat this time around.
-Retro working on Wii2 game; and it's "a project everyone wants us to do" (Starfox? Zelda? New Original FPS?)
-Wii 2 will not be Dreamcast, it’ll be “the PlayStation 2 of next gen”; A true next gen console? sounds like it.
-Retro's new game is actually Eternal Darkness 2?
-"Where there's smoke, there's fire" - Miyamoto's comment on Project Cafe - He also said not to believe everything you hear though.
-Wii2 controller has a 6.2" screen and 8 buttons
-IGN: The N Stream (Wii2) Details "confirmed"?
-1up says: No Friend Codes for Wii2
-Retro making DKCR sequel for Wii2?
-Project Cafe Codename Confirmed; 01net rumors now have even more credibility
-4Chan Cafe "Leak"?; Sounds like a wishlist to me.
-Rareware to make 3DS games?; not sure how likely this one is, but Rare did release DS games
-Nintendo Select = $19.99 Players Choice line? *Confirmed*
-Project Cafe E3 Publishers List?; More than likely fake, but the real thing will probably still be close
-Super Smash Brothers Café @ E3 2011?; Every Nintendo Franchise to be shown off in HD? Sounds good to me ;)

May 2011
-Haptic Feedback & Vitality Sensor Built In?
-Project Cafe: 8GB onboard Flash, 25GB disc & 1080p
-Track Pad in the Cafe Pad?; Just because I don't believe it don't mean it's not possible...
-GTAV to be revealed @ E3?
-$350+ Wii2 starts production in October
-MS to steal Nintendo's thunder @ E3?
-Zumba Fitness 2 for Project Cafe? to be announced/released early 2012!?
-Pikmin 3 & Endless Ocean 3 screenshots? They're likely fake, but what if they aren't.... E3 is still so far away.
-IGN: Cafe to use a 4850? maybe 2GB's of RAM (1GB GPU & 1GB CPU)?
-Valve working on Café (Wii2)?; HipHopGamer says Gabe Newell is impressed with Café and it's ease of development
-The Last Story coming to Europe!?; If they translate it, it better come to the U.S. too.
-Wii VC transferable to Café? HD versions getting made?
-Project Café Spec Sheet?; Only time will tell
-21 Rumors & A Bet To Back Them Up; Gotta love a bet where we win either way!
-Metroid Café Screenshot!?; I call fake, but it still looks good to me.[fake]
-HQ Camera's in Café?
-"Final" Spec Sheet and Comparison; I compare it to the previous Spec Sheet... (less than 6 days left)
-New Zelda for 25th Anniversary!?; Legend of Paper Zelda anyone!?
-ESRB Leak!? Nintendo Current!? E3 Games Reel!?
-Project Cafe @ EB Games Expo!?; Nintendo will be there, surely Café will be too. Will you be there?
-12 Skyward Sword Rumors; A Pre-E3 roundup of Zelda Rumors (with a bonus #13)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 01:14:47 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Valve working on Café (Wii2)?
« Reply #4226 on: May 15, 2011, 01:15:57 AM »
Gabe Newell (Valve) is already working on Cafe software?
http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/2011/05/gabe-newell-joining-the-wii-2-project-nintendo-aims-to-kill-competition-hhgs-5811/

start @ 12:29

HipHopGamer.com says that Valve has been working on Wii2 for a while and that Gabe Newell is impressed with the system and how easy it is to develop for.

Now if you remember that a while back Valve was praising biometric sensor feedback ("Vitality sensor") and even made a special version of Left4Dead2 that utilized the technology. Now we have "word" that Valve may actually be working on Café and may have been doing so for quite some time already.

Nintendo last stated that the Vitality Sensor was still gonna see a release, but they didn't say if it would be for Wii or a future console. There has also been rumor/speculation that the Vitality Sensor may be built into the Café controller, which would make sense considering how awkward the original prototype would have been to use while trying to play a game.

Ofcourse this rumor of Valve actively developing for Café is only gonna provide more fuel for the Steam on Cafe speculative HYPE Train. But I say ALL ABOARD!!!

edit: HipHopGamer also said that "Developers are guaranteeing that you will get more out of Nintendo's Online that you will from Xbox Live."

That's a pretty bold claim to make and one I would love to see Nintendo live up to, but I also don't see how they would do it all for Free. Unless Valve really is involved.....

edit2: HipHopGamer also states that they will be having an early E3 2 weeks before hand. Not sure what secret event is supposed to be happening, but I would guess that it was heavily NDA'd if it even exist.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 01:58:33 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #4227 on: May 15, 2011, 02:04:23 AM »
It could be the announcement of the name of the system like they did with the Wii and announcing that name a bit before E3 so the talk wouldn't be about the name but the games.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: May 15, 2011, 03:41:42 AM »
What would steam for the Super Wii look like? I ask because I am not that familiar with Steam.

What if Valve is overseeing the production and overhaul of the Wii Shop Channel and Virtual Console into something similar to Valve's Steam?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 03:46:20 AM by Kytim89 »
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: May 15, 2011, 04:32:32 AM »
Here is a rediculously left field idea.

We have been hearing rumors of Microsoft being up to something too.  Do you think it would be even remotely possible that this could be a joint effort between Nintendo and Microsoft?
To me it sort of fits these rumors.  If Devs are guarenteeing Cafe online as superior to Xbox Live, do you think it could be an upgraded Live, from Microsoft themself?

Like I said, completely left field.  But pretty interesting to think about. 

Do you think such an alliance would be a good thing?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4230 on: May 15, 2011, 05:57:16 AM »
Such an alliance would never happen while Nintendo was in a position to prevent it.

If anything, I think MS is has some hardware that could be ready to launch by end of 2012 and they could be planning on leaving Sony as the odd man out this time and try and lock up the multi-plat with Nintendo while Sony competes in an arms race with itself.

If there is anything to this Valve on Cafe & Cafe Steam rumor, then I think it's entirely possible that Nintendo could have an online service capable of spilling coffee on Live's shirt and leaving a pretty big & noticeable stain. I just hope they keep it free.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: May 15, 2011, 01:47:15 PM »
I agree with BnM. The only way Microsoft and Nintendo would form and alliance is if Sony was still a major monopoly like they were in the PS2 era and MS and Nintendo were so far marginalized that they were forced to team up if they were to have any hope at all. But that's obviously not the case and its doubtful Sony will ever have the 1st position spot again, especially with such a wide margin.
is your sanity...

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: May 15, 2011, 01:59:17 PM »
I am still thinking that Valve is not only bringing Steam to the Super Wii, but I would not be surprised if they are collaborating with Nintendo on revitalizing the Wii shop channel into something similar to Steam. Would Virtual Console be better off being similar to Steam? The Super Wii would need a HDD to work with Steam, right?

Think about what a service like Steam would do for Gamecube Virtual Console? Most of the contracts on Gamecube games are still young enough that third parties could easily put games onto the service. It would be one of few consoles on the serivice that may very well have unlimited support.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 02:15:33 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: May 15, 2011, 02:34:56 PM »
Should I really get ultra excited? The 3DS has great power and features as far as i'm concerned and can only see it all as a huge step in the right direction. I read the IGN article a while before BlackN posted it and I do trust them and their sources, but should I really get excited? My brain says says no, but my spirit is calling for that train!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4234 on: May 15, 2011, 05:02:16 PM »
The people that brought us friend codes will surpass XboxLive?
We know Nintendo could (and should), but would they actually do it? They'd have to throw out that whole "safe online experience" philosphy.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: May 15, 2011, 05:23:04 PM »

Friend codes were the result of Nintendo doing the online thing themselves. I'm certain this time around they are contracting outside help. The difference is like some average Joe painting their house themselves versus hiring the painters of the Sistine chapel to do it.
is your sanity...

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: May 15, 2011, 06:05:21 PM »
i WANT to believe this but hiphop gamer doesn't cite any sources and doesn't even seem like a reliable place for news honestly.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4237 on: May 15, 2011, 07:06:23 PM »

Friend codes were the result of Nintendo doing the online thing themselves. I'm certain this time around they are contracting outside help. The difference is like some average Joe painting their house themselves versus hiring the painters of the Sistine chapel to do it.

Well, Microsoft pretty much knocked it out of the park on their first try. Friendcodes were more likely just an idea that Nintendo didn't think everyone would hate, that gave us online and kept the system "safe."
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: May 15, 2011, 09:35:28 PM »
But Microsoft has decades of experience with computers and all that crap before they even started making Xboxes. They've been running MSN and making Internet Explorer since Nintendo was making the SNES.
is your sanity...

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: May 15, 2011, 10:33:58 PM »
Didn't Nintendo say that they were teaming up with other non-gaming companies to work with them on their next console? Honestly, I would not be surprised if Nintendo is teaming AT&T to help with their online system for the Super Wii.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: May 16, 2011, 01:18:21 AM »
Why AT&T? Just curious.

Teaming with Valve and bringing Steam to Cafe or something like Steam or Steam compatible (for cross platform PC/Cafe multiplayer) would make the most sense, because Nintendo Wi-Fi sucks, Steam is awesome but I'll believe it when I see it. I'm having a hard time believing Nintendo could leapfrog Microsoft and Xbox Live. I expect something along the lines of 3DS's 1 friend code to rule them all approach. Still, stranger things have happened. I wonder, though, if Cafe's online structure went the Steam route, if it could be carried over to 3DS.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: May 16, 2011, 01:22:39 AM »
I wonder, though, if Cafe's online structure went the Steam route, if it could be carried over to 3DS.

Makes you wonder about why that 3DS update was delayed till E3.....

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: May 16, 2011, 02:01:27 AM »
Why AT&T? Just curious.

Because obviously no one knows more about online gaming than a phone company who never had a thing to do with video games...... oh, wait.
is your sanity...

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: May 16, 2011, 02:07:45 AM »
Makes me wonder a lot of things.

I assume it was delayed because Nintendo sucks and it just isn't ready even though it should have been ready by launch. Similarly, Microsoft launched Windows Phone 7 without some key features then ran into some update snafus. I'm not convinced that delay means or even suggests that Nintendo suffered amnesia and decided to have an awesome online system. A girl can dream though...

I wonder how long it would take Valve to develop a Nintendo version of Steam for Cafe and 3DS. This would be a big deal and the negotiations seem far from easy/simple so I wonder if Vale could even have it ready for 3DS this year, let alone by June. I wonder if it would come with all kinds of Nintendo-esque restrictions thus making it better but still lame. At the same time, I wonder if Valve would even bother if Nintendo had the audacity to attempt to tell them how to make an online system.

I really just don't want to get excited. The thought of Nintendo making a decision regarding online gaming that isn't willfully moronic is rather new so you'll have to excuse the skepticism.
Because obviously no one knows more about online gaming than a phone company who never had a thing to do with video games...... oh, wait.
To be fair, he did say "non-gaming companies" so I'm just curious why AT&T. I ask only because AT&T is my mobile service provider and they fucking suck so I would certainly hope Nintendo steers clear of dealing with them.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: May 16, 2011, 02:47:53 AM »
Like I said, I would bet that Valve is collaboratting with Nintendo to develope a hybrid Wii Shop Channel/Steam service that is much faster and more efficient then what we currently have right now. As for the AT&T thing, I figured that Nintendo could get some kind of server connection deal from them since they collaborating with AT&T with wi-fi hot spots for the 3DS. Nintendo is going to have to increase their server capacity if they want Steam and to keep up with Micosoft's online system.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4245 on: May 16, 2011, 03:12:59 AM »

Well, Microsoft pretty much knocked it out of the park on their first try. Friendcodes were more likely just an idea that Nintendo didn't think everyone would hate, that gave us online and kept the system "safe."

No they didn't.  They charged 50 bucks for peer to peer service and for the the entire life of the original xbox that was basically all it offered. Their "first try" was on the first xbox and it didn't offer or do half the things that it can now.  It wasn't even finished the first year to let the most popular game, Halo, have online.  You had to use some jiggery-pokery to play through a tricked lan game over gamespy.

It's like everybody forgets the first xbox even existed.

Makes me wonder a lot of things.

I assume it was delayed because Nintendo sucks and it just isn't ready even though it should have been ready by launch. Similarly, Microsoft launched Windows Phone 7 without some key features then ran into some update snafus. I'm not convinced that delay means or even suggests that Nintendo suffered amnesia and decided to have an awesome online system. A girl can dream though...

It's my understanding that shops like this are always delayed.  Apple's app store sure wasn't there at launch and that is far more important since your can't plug carts into an Iphone.

All this hand wringing over online seems overblown to me.  The Wii and DS had hardlimits in their design that prevented their online from changing much and the DS especially is old.  DLC was still considered the devil at the start of the gen I still loathe it and now I see people on message boards talking about how much they love it screwing them.  A lot of things have changed since that hardware came out.  Nintendo is not a stupid company and has made the 3ds updatable.  The blueprints for the online systems are already out there, they just have to pick them up.  Valve working with them would be cool but it seems too much like a fanboy's wet dream to be real.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:44:12 AM by SixthAngel »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: May 16, 2011, 10:03:23 AM »
To answer the question about Steam  I'm pretty sure that Valve could put Steam connectivity into a game with not problem whatsoever and not really lenghting the development time.  Now to get the full experience integrated into the OS thats another story and I think that would take some time.  By my understanding the 3DS is really the first system Nintendo has made that the OS was running in the background in a noticeable way when you were playing a game.  I may be wrong but I don't think so.

It makes a lot of sense for Nintendo to just have Valve help them incorporate Steam in but, that would be losing a lot of control for them and they wouldn't like that.  Honestly though after trying to play Portal 2 with Bustin last night I would like just a toast coming down and I could press a button to go into the game I was invited to.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: May 16, 2011, 12:45:06 PM »
With all this talk about Nintendo leapfrogging Xbox Live and jumping up two generations over the Wii, there is scepticism and I get that because I'm sceptical too.

But the thing is this is what Nintendo HAS to do.  If they do this they are doing it right.  They're a generation behind on hardware and a generation behind on online gaming.  They have to do a leapfrog at some point if they are to ever catch up.  So this would be the correct thing to do.  I have serious doubts that they will, but if Nintendo knows what they are doing then they WILL leapfrog a generation.  It isn't really exceptional for them to do it.  Sony and MS would jump to the same level, the only difference is they didn't "skip" a gen like Nintendo did.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: May 16, 2011, 01:36:40 PM »
Nintendo "leapfrogged" before. Back when they made the transition from the SNES to the N64 they went from 16bit straight to 64bit and they never released a 32bit system. Unless you count the virtual boy, because I believe that was 32bit.
is your sanity...

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: May 16, 2011, 01:38:24 PM »
This is why Nintendo needs to return to cartridges:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCLOxK6FpfA&feature=feedrec_grec_index