Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3160531 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #3275 on: April 06, 2011, 05:50:14 PM »
Your SON is Playing DORA and watching SHE-RA!!?

Lol j/k, I know they are age-appropriate

I could show you a video of a 4yr old girl kickin ass on Capcom vs Tatsunoku as I type this. She loves that game. She can actually beat me once in a while too, but I don't claim to be any good at the game, at least not on a competitive level.

I hear there is a new My Little Pony cartoon that s supposed to be good and just started not so long ago too.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: April 06, 2011, 07:03:30 PM »
Many kids think professional wrestling is real. Then again, to be fair, there are also many adults who believe its real as well....
is your sanity...

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: April 06, 2011, 07:35:35 PM »

HE DOES.

But to be fair so do I.

black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: April 06, 2011, 07:36:00 PM »
And the thread stays derailed.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Wii 2 @ E3 2011?
« Reply #3279 on: April 06, 2011, 11:34:33 PM »
Now to get it back on track

More Fuel To The "Wii2 @ E3 Announcement" Rumors?
Ono: SSFIV3DS connects to a Video Game System. Can't say more till E3
Yoshinori Ono "confirms" that could be presented a new desktop system from Nintendo.

Thus, players could be facing one of the possible bombing that Nintendo would have prepared for the E3 in Los Angeles, the arrival of Wii 2 could be imminent.

All this information has come through the words of one of the people most is betting on Nintendo 3DS, Yoshinori Ono, Capcom and developer already has a review of Super Street Fighter IV on Nintendo 3DS.

It is well known for their support in the handheld, has confirmed that Super Street Fighter IV will have connectivity to a video game system, but can not confirm until three months, coinciding with the E3 in Los Angeles. They suggest two things very interesting in his words, the first that the games could be patched and updated to offer new content and the aforementioned Wii 2 could be presented at the Nintendo press conference.

Wii2 or connectivity with Wii? Some site trolling for hits or this may have some merit to it?
What do you guys think.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 11:40:29 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Wii 2 @ E3 2011?
« Reply #3280 on: April 07, 2011, 12:02:01 AM »
Wii2 or connectivity with Wii? Some site trolling for hits or this may have some merit to it?
What do you guys think.

Well, I've been saying that the Wii 2 will be at E3 2011 all along, so this doesn't surprise me.  Nintendo has no choice: the Wii is not selling like it used to, so much that Nintendo had to get the 3DS out (despite its services not being ready) before the end of the fiscal year just to cover for it.  Plus, the Wii's upcoming software lineup right now is a joke outside of Zelda and the possibility of some Japan-only Wii games making it stateside.  I don't think the Wii 2 will release this year, but it has to be at E3 this year.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: April 07, 2011, 03:14:32 AM »
I still say we'll get just a code name and some concepts for the system at best but no full on reveal. I guess we COULD get a physical hardware reveal like the Wii did where all we saw was the console itself but no controller, leaving us to debate every nuance of the systems front image.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: April 07, 2011, 04:50:43 AM »
Right now it seems like a lot of Wii owners are only using the system for WiiWare/Virtual Console or as a dust magnet. Its just so ridiculous and sad that the best selling console and the market leader ended up like this. Did the Wii live up to its full potential? Absolutely not! And now at this point its too late to turn things around. Actions should have been taken in 2007, but now in 2011 its just far too late.

The worst part of this whole thing is the negative reputation both the Wii brand and even Nintendo themselves have gained as a result. This is going to make a lot of people who jumped on the Wii bandwagon think twice when the Wii 2 comes around. Next time when Nintendo promises that there "won't be a game drought" how many of us are going to believe them? They said that about the Wii, and because the Wii was the market leader it seemed like this time that promise would be fulfilled. But it wasn't.

This generation is unique because its the only generation where the market leading console is also the one which has the least developer support.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 05:00:29 AM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: April 07, 2011, 10:09:08 AM »
Now to get it back on track

More Fuel To The "Wii2 @ E3 Announcement" Rumors?
Ono: SSFIV3DS connects to a Video Game System. Can't say more till E3
Yoshinori Ono "confirms" that could be presented a new desktop system from Nintendo.

Thus, players could be facing one of the possible bombing that Nintendo would have prepared for the E3 in Los Angeles, the arrival of Wii 2 could be imminent.

All this information has come through the words of one of the people most is betting on Nintendo 3DS, Yoshinori Ono, Capcom and developer already has a review of Super Street Fighter IV on Nintendo 3DS.

It is well known for their support in the handheld, has confirmed that Super Street Fighter IV will have connectivity to a video game system, but can not confirm until three months, coinciding with the E3 in Los Angeles. They suggest two things very interesting in his words, the first that the games could be patched and updated to offer new content and the aforementioned Wii 2 could be presented at the Nintendo press conference.

What do you guys think.

If grammar in an article counts towards its credibility, I would most definitely have to call that a rumor.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #3284 on: April 07, 2011, 10:59:06 AM »
--

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3285 on: April 07, 2011, 12:29:12 PM »
Did the Wii live up to its full potential? Absolutely not!

I don't know.  Being the number one console was sure a whole lot more then I figured it could achieve.  ;D   But all of Nintendo's talk about motion control being the new standard sounds like a lot of meaningless PR speak now.  Regardless of their intentions motion control ended up being a shallow gimmick.

I can't imagine any reason for the 3DS to interact with the Wii.  Even if the Wii 2 isn't at E3 this year it sure as hell is coming soon.  For most of the 3DS's life it will co-exist with the Wii successor.

I still think a launch in 2011 is possible and is absolutely what they should aim for.  The standard console life is five years.  Of all consoles why go longer with the Wii, which was pretty much out-of-date from day one?  The Wii was pretty much a repackaged Gamecube.  It would have been a dumb strategy to plan for such a console to go longer than five years.

I'll also point out that the DS launch lineup was a joke and the 3DS launch lineup is pretty meh so it isn't like a lack of games would keep Nintendo from launching a new system this year.  Hell Skyward Sword will probably end up like Twilight Princess where it is moved to the next console.

At the very least the Wii 2 SHOULD come out this year.  It would be stupid not to.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: April 07, 2011, 01:21:08 PM »
But all of Nintendo's talk about motion control being the new standard sounds like a lot of meaningless PR speak now.  Regardless of their intentions motion control ended up being a shallow gimmick.

I wouldn't say that. All three console manufacturers now offer a motion control solution, so it kinda is a new standard (though Kinect does it much differently than the others). Like it or not its hear to stay, because even if hardcore audiences hate it there are plenty of casual soccer moms out there for it to ever go away. Its also sad, but even though the Wii was the first motion system and was the only such system for several years, we didn't really see much being done with it aside from casual games. Well, now Sony is using it in hardcore games like Killzone 3 which is the sort of use of it we should have seen in the Wii. Instead, all we got was Carnival games crap.

At the very least the Wii 2 SHOULD come out this year.  It would be stupid not to.

I agree. E3 would be the perfect time to announce it, and then it could be released during the holiday season later in the year. That would be the perfect way to proceed.

But its absolutely important that the Wii's successor be more powerful than the competition, because not only will the Wii 2 be competing with the PS3/360, but you can bet that the successor to those systems aren't going to be far off either. So if Nintendo releases a system that is equal or less than the PS3/360 then where is that going to leave it a year or two later when the PS4 and X720 are out? Launching a system that is, say, 1.5x powerful as the PS3 would give the Wii 2 enough teeth to be competitive over the long haul. But if the Wii 2 is only *just* as powerful or less powerful than a PS3 then its going to be a serious problem when the PS4 comes out. And also lets face it, if its going to be less powerful than the PS3 then what the hell is even the point? So being as powerful as a PS3 is the bare minimum, but ideally it should be even more than that.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:24:51 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: April 07, 2011, 02:31:34 PM »
I hear there is a new My Little Pony cartoon that s supposed to be good and just started not so long ago too.

I actually saw an episode its not to bad. Better then the original which my son likes as well...  I want to see the new Transformers one.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: April 07, 2011, 02:44:25 PM »
Alright Ian got me:
Has anyone else notice that the 3DS has everything need to be another weird form of Wiimote?

I honestly don't believe that there is a role in the home for a pure gaming machine anymore.  The 360 and PS3 showed everyone that "Hey, I can do more than just be a game station."  To compete Nintendo will need to step up to the challenge and do it better.   Using both the Move and the Wiimote I can say that the Move when it works it works well but the Wiimote always works but not as fine.  That will be addressed in the next version.

The only truly compelling piece of tech that I might consider for a pure game machine is the Kinect system because it will be a long time to replicate it portably.  In casual usage terms my Wii is a flop.  Its like owning a Disco ball only really gets used when the party is in the house.  I've had my Wii longer but my PS3 is almost an extension of my TV and I really don't game on it at all.  Nintendo did great making in roads into the casual players but they didn't deliver on the updates to keep them.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: April 07, 2011, 03:34:06 PM »
I wouldn't say that. All three console manufacturers now offer a motion control solution, so it kinda is a new standard

I look at it more like a standard peripheral.  But it not a replacement for the old controller which what Nintendo was implying and more or less tried to do with making the CC an optional purchase.  It's kind of like how the mouse is standard for computers but never replaced the keyboard.  The Wii was like Nintendo making computer with just a mouse.

I agree with Chozo about the need to top the PS3.  I don't think we're going to see the next Playstation or Xbox any time soon but we will see it within five years.  The Wii 2 really has to play catch up and then guess what everyone else will do.  I expect that at some point the Wii 2 will be the least powerful hardware but as long as it's more like the PS2 where it was the least but still close enough to allow for multiplatform development.  It cannot be something that would be considerably behind.  It has to be significantly ahead now to be at that point then.

If they released something less than the PS3, it's over.  Nintendo's console division is strictly in the casual market then.  There is no point in a rinky dink upgrade.  It will be the same bullshit as before.

I think it would also be very important to include the CC as a standard that is released with every system.  I think the Wii quite clearly proved that the remote is not sufficient as a replacement.  Sony and MS will probably include motion control with their next system but they sure as **** won't exclude the "normal" controller.  It is clear that for most games the old standard is the best way to play.  Hell, Nintendo invented the old standard so they shouldn't be so ashamed of it.  Also this is no different then what they're doing with the 3DS and DS.  They didn't just have the touchscreen and call it a day.  They've kept the traditional control elements.  Even though the 3DS is not backwards compatible all the way to the Game Boy the controls are such that it could be.  With the DS line they complimented the old with the new.  With the Wii they ditched the old and that was a stupid mistake.

There are so many things that Nintendo needs to get right here and I'm certain they'll screw it up somehow.  It all seems so obvious but that is usually when Nintendo screws up.  They can put a man on the moon but can't get him to the store.  And the problem is that the Wii was so successful you wonder if Nintendo would learn from it.  Do they care about the crap third party support or how the Wii is seen as strictly a casual console (and casual gaming is threatened by cellphone gaming)?  It seems to me that Nintendo is not feeling any negative effects now and this is all more for preparing for the future.  I'm concerned that unless Nintendo is in trouble right this second, they won't notice.  They don't really pay attention to something that's a concern two years from now.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: April 07, 2011, 04:10:29 PM »
I think we should forgive Nintendo for releasing the Wii as a "rinky dink" successor to the GC because you have to keep in mind the dire straits that Nintendo was in circa 2004-2005 when the Wii was being designed. With their console in 3rd place and the threat of the PSP to their handheld market share they were in a desperate situation where they were pretty much living off the handheld market and that was their life support and the only thing keeping them from being forced into 3rd party like what happened to Sega and Atari.

The Wii saved them from that fate, so it seems like it was a necessary evil. Thanks to the Wii their dwindling market share did a 180 and in a very short time they were the market leader again for the first time since the early 90s. So when you take that dire situation they were in, I think they should be forgiven for releasing an underpowered, "gimmicky", casual system. Desperate times do call for desperate measures, after all.

But that was then, and right now at this present moment Nintendo is printing money and is no longer in the same dire straits they were in 6 years ago. So the same excuse no longer applies this time around. If we end up with a Wii 1.5 or even a Wii 2 it would be unforgivable at this point. Even though it may be called "Wii 2" it needs to be much more powerful than two Wiis duct taped together. Since the Wii itself is two GCs duct taped together, a much bigger leap is now required in order for Nintendo to catch up to where they should be. But like I said considering the sorry state they were in during the GC era, I think they deserve a break with the Wii. Sometimes you just need to stop for a breather to catch your breath before you can get back in the race at full throttle. The Wii was that break Nintendo desperately needed in order to catch its breath.
is your sanity...

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: April 07, 2011, 04:12:31 PM »
If we end up with a shitty home console, I'll stick to Nintendo handhelds. At least they f*ck up a lot less in that department.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: April 07, 2011, 04:16:41 PM »
The WiiII needs be able to render Wall-E level graphics in real time with physics and interaction.  I kid. Sort of.  Still thinks being the center of the entertainment center is the place for a game console now.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: April 07, 2011, 04:18:43 PM »
The WiiII needs be able to render Wall-E level graphics in real time with physics and interaction.  I kid. Sort of.  Still thinks being the center of the entertainment center is the place for a game console now.

No, it needs to display Avatar level graphics. :P

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: April 07, 2011, 04:29:54 PM »
The Wii2 needs to be a PS3, Xbox360 & Wii duct taped together.
Not just power-wise, that also includes all features and control methods too.
No compromises due to the fact that it's already been done. Now it's time to do them better. And cheaper.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: April 07, 2011, 04:42:53 PM »
The Wii2 needs to be a PS3, Xbox360 & Wii duct taped together.
Not just power-wise, that also includes all features and control methods too.
No compromises due to the fact that it's already been done. Now it's time to do them better. And cheaper.
...and with more Waggle!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: April 07, 2011, 06:17:03 PM »
Is Sony still taking a loss on the PS3 at $300? Because if they are, you can bet Nintendo's next system won't be on par with it in terms of hardware. Nintendo likes to make a profit on hardware sales and still be within an affordable price range. They'd be smart to launch at $250 again, though they might try for $300 if they think they can get away with more like the 3DS.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: April 07, 2011, 06:28:58 PM »
Is Sony still taking a loss on the PS3 at $300? Because if they are, you can bet Nintendo's next system won't be on par with it in terms of hardware. Nintendo likes to make a profit on hardware sales and still be within an affordable price range. They'd be smart to launch at $250 again, though they might try for $300 if they think they can get away with more like the 3DS.

No, Sony's been making a profit on the PS3 for roughly about a year now if I remember correctly.  The move to manufacturing the Slim saved them a lot of production costs.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: April 07, 2011, 06:52:30 PM »

You ever heard of Moore's law? Technology gets more advanced over time, but even as it does so the price of it goes down. So every year you get better technology, but it actually gets cheaper too. The PS3 is 2006 technology, and while it was cutting edge at that time, its certainly no longer the case. It wouldn't be a major feat for Nintendo to create a console in 2011-2012 which is not only more powerful than the PS3, but also cheaper (or at least cheaper than the PS3 was at its launch anyway).

That said, I'm sure Nintendo could release a console at $299 which is perhaps twice as powerful as a PS3. Why the hell not? Moore's law makes it possible.
is your sanity...

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: April 07, 2011, 06:57:09 PM »
Nvidia's cellphone and tablet chips are more powerful than the Wii's.