Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3159281 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #2725 on: August 26, 2010, 03:03:22 AM »
It doesn't matter so much to me how much internal space is offered, as all I really care about is the ability to copy all save files. If it has that, I will be fine with it.

That will be hinged on how Nintendo handles it's online structure. With the Wii it is tied to specific consoles. But if they tie data to a separate account then it shouldn't be a problem.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: August 26, 2010, 03:27:59 AM »
If there are no friend codes next time around then maybe it will be fine. That's the reason online game data can't be copied, because bad things will happen if two friend codes connect at the same time. But I've come across numerous other games that don't have any online component which can't be copied, such as Elebits and Marble Saga. I don't really know why those such games don't allow it.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: September 07, 2010, 02:07:54 PM »
This is no rumor, I just was not sure where to post it, and I don't think a new thread is worthy.

Basically Sakamoto thinks we will be very impressed with the next gen Nintendo home console.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=14308

At Nintendo we always have the obligation to surprise users with a new game console. We have never done what others have. We prefer to create something new that catches attention, and I think this will continue this time as well. Surely the new Nintendo machine will leave you all with your mouth open
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: September 07, 2010, 02:20:10 PM »
Next Nintendo console to be a chewtoy confirmed!!!!

We are the next Nintendogs....

In Mother Tendo, you don't play the console, the console plays you.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: September 07, 2010, 02:59:21 PM »
Do I trust Sakamoto after Other M? ;)

The guys does care about story and presentation and even if he couldn't tell a decent story to save his life he likes bells and whistles.  He would potentially be impressed by better graphics and such.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: September 07, 2010, 03:02:51 PM »
The guys does care about story and presentation and even if he couldn't tell a decent story to save his life he likes bells and whistles.  He would potentially be impressed by better graphics and such.

IMO, it's more likely that he's squeeling over the next Wii having a 2-button controller and no analog stick.  It's the modern NES he so clearly wants!   ;)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 03:09:37 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: September 07, 2010, 04:10:11 PM »

IMO, it's more likely that he's squeeling over the next Wii having a 2-button controller and no analog stick.  It's the modern NES he so clearly wants!   ;)

How would that be any different than the current Wii controller?
is your sanity...

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: September 07, 2010, 04:15:30 PM »

How would that be any different than the current Wii controller?

The current Wii controller has 4 buttons you can use for action commands (1, 2, A, B) + 2 options buttons (+ and - ), and it has the ability to link with the nunchuck for analog stick support.   ;)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: September 07, 2010, 06:42:01 PM »
The quote doesn't say anything about graphics, it says Nintendo likes to try new things and the new system is no different. So it can't be an NES controller because they've done that. Now, Nintendo has yet to create a controller with six face buttons...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: September 07, 2010, 06:51:04 PM »
Now, Nintendo has yet to create a controller with six face buttons...

"Genesis Does What NintenDon't!"
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: September 07, 2010, 06:55:29 PM »
The quote doesn't say anything about graphics, it says Nintendo likes to try new things and the new system is no different. So it can't be an NES controller because they've done that. Now, Nintendo has yet to create a controller with six face buttons...

that'll never happen....

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: September 07, 2010, 07:01:05 PM »
I always forget about the Nintendo 64 controller since I tend to view the C-buttons as a D-pad, which is what most games use them as.

At least Stratos knew what it was I was referencing...

Let's see... Nintendo could make a controller with three handles! Oh wait, no, they did that. They could make a controller that you put on like a glove! Wait, wait, no, they did that too. They will make a controller with FOUR handles! Yeah!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: September 07, 2010, 07:42:10 PM »
The glove's probably it. They've resurrected the Virtual Boy with the 3DS, so the next Wii will be the Power Glove, except this time it works.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2738 on: September 07, 2010, 07:46:06 PM »
Insanolord I think they already did it with the Wii remote.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2739 on: September 07, 2010, 08:32:09 PM »
The next console will produce a dangerous and addictive hallucinogen to intensify the gaming experience.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: September 08, 2010, 12:21:45 AM »
The next console will produce a dangerous and addictive hallucinogen to intensify the gaming experience.

I had heard talk of a Smelling Pak back when the Rumble Pak released. Just make the Smelling Pak release 'special compounds' to help "Increase the user's entertainment level".
My Game Collection

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: September 08, 2010, 12:23:47 AM »
I had heard talk of a Smelling Pak back when the Rumble Pak released. Just make the Smelling Pak release 'special compounds' to help "Increase the user's entertainment level".

I'm pretty sure Zap's the one here who desperately wants to sniff his games.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: September 08, 2010, 01:11:33 AM »
If that happened, I would never again play a Wario game.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: October 01, 2010, 12:25:18 PM »
New game console in the works, I wonder whose console it could be.....

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/30/marvells-quad-core-armada-processor-wont-see-tablets-or-phones/#disqus_thread
Looks like that quad-core Armada processor won't be having apps for breakfast after all -- confronting Marvell's Jack Kang at Mobilize 2010, he told us the chips proved too power-hungry for devices without a dedicated cord. That doesn't mean we won't see them soon, however, as the man let slip that it's actually the quad-core chip that will appear in a new game system, though we can probably rule out the Nintendo 3DS for the same reason as the phones.

So it's a low power chip, that was just a little too power hungry for a handheld device, but is making it's way into a gaming console....
That rules out any involvement with the 3DS and the PSP2 (or does it!? dun dun duuun), so what do we have left...
I doubt Sony would stray away from PS3 BC and I'm sure 360 would love some Kinect/360 BC of it's own and that chip isn't anywhere near powerful enough to emulate those systems, so could it be the potential CPU for the Wii2H3D?

Then again, it could be something completely out of left-field, like a new competitor entering the ring, or something like OnLive the set-top box.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 12:29:05 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: October 01, 2010, 12:32:43 PM »
New game console in the works, I wonder whose console it could be.....

Of the existing console manufacturers Nintendo is the only that makes sense. But that doesn't mean that some other company isn't gearing to hurl themselves into the arena. Its not impossible that Sega could try to re-enter the race with a new console (I doubt it, though). A far more likely possibility is Apple coming out with some console. They have been incredibly successful with their Ipods and all that crap, and they did dabble with the idea many years ago with their Frodo console so its a possibility. They certainly have deep enough pockets now to attempt to pull something like that off.
is your sanity...

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: October 01, 2010, 02:11:54 PM »
It would not surprise me that Nintendo is working on a new home console. I mean now that the 3DS has been revealed, the spot light seems to be more on what Nintendo is going to do with the Wii 2. I have to be honest, I am now more interested in the Wii 2 thanks to the 3DS. I have a feeling we will be seeing it at E3 2011.

Here is my thoughts on what the Wii 2 will be like, but I do not know that much about chipsets to discuss CPUs or anything like that.

Graphics: High Definition with a slight similarity to the 360. Similar to how the 3DS is a cheaper take on the PSP, the wii 2 will be a cheaper version of the 360.

Online: Much stronger support than the wii and DS(and no friend codes) and comparible with that of the 360. Basically a hybrid of the xbox's online and that of the 3DS.

3D: The wii 2 will some how incorporate 3D like the 3DS, but will be implemented slowly via firmware.

Disc Media: No blu-ray. Nintendo will upgrade to HD-DVD for the wii 2 games and it will keep BC with the wii and possibly the Gamecube.

Wiimotes and other controllers: The controller for the wii 2 will be similar to Sony's move controller. It will be blue toothe enabled and also wireless. The classic controller will build onto the Pro version and will be wireless.

Form factor: I imagine the wii 2 being similar in appearance and size to the 360 slim. Blend in some classic Nintendo design features and keep the hardware issues low and we might have a winner.

How many USB ports would be adequate for the console? Perhaps three to five and Nintendo should put them to better use than they did with the wii. I could see head sets and speciel controllers and accessories being put to good use with these ports.

Wiiware and virtual console: Nintendo will allow down loaded titles to be switched over from the wii to the wii 2. I also see the file size limitations going away. Also, virtual console will exspand to include Dreamcast and Saturn(Radiant Silver Gun on XBLA).
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 02:35:11 PM by Kytim89 »
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: October 01, 2010, 02:57:50 PM »
3D: The wii 2 will some how incorporate 3D like the 3DS, but will be implemented slowly via firmware.

Disc Media: No blu-ray. Nintendo will upgrade to HD-DVD for the wii 2 games and it will keep BC with the wii and possibly the Gamecube.

I think 3D the way the 3DS does it is only possible through hardware solutions, not software solutions, because it requires specialized screens.  Unless the Wii 2's going to carry a multi-$1000 price tag to accomodate packed-in 3D TVs, I don't see the Wii going 3D in that way.  The only way I could see the Wii 2 going that style of 3D is if it uses a specialized headset like the Virtual Boy, and we all know how badly that went the last time Nintendo tried it.  Personally, I hope the 3D fad dies and dies quickly long before the Wii 2 comes out and Nintendo feels obligated to shoe-horn it in.

Nintendo will create their own High-Capacity storage disc or cartridge media long before they use HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.

And the only way that Nintendo's next-generation online service will be technically comparable to Xbox Live is if Nintendo charges for it like Microsoft does.  We might get something on par with Playstation Network, though somehow I doubt Nintendo will be capable of that level of online service considering how little attention they've paid to developing one so far.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2747 on: October 01, 2010, 03:13:13 PM »
I think Nintendo will basically use their own disc format that is of similar capacity to Blu-ray Disc, the same way that the Wii Optical Disc holds the same amount of data as a DVD.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: October 01, 2010, 03:41:01 PM »
Unless the Wii 2's going to carry a multi-$1000 price tag to accomodate packed-in 3D TVs, I don't see the Wii going 3D in that way.

It doesn't need to. Its the responsibility of consumers to buy their own 3D TVs. All Nintendo needs to do is include the support for said TVs. Of course, not every consumer is going to own a 3D TV within the near future, but the 3D support only needs to be optional and disabled for TVs which can't handle it. Nevertheless, it should be there built into the console.
is your sanity...

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: October 01, 2010, 03:46:46 PM »
I think Nintendo will basically use their own disc format that is of similar capacity to Blu-ray Disc, the same way that the Wii Optical Disc holds the same amount of data as a DVD.

They could just use something similar to the card media that the DS uses. This would offer a vast number of advantages over optical media, not the least of which is that it would result in a much smaller and compact console which would also be far more reliable and not likely to break down because there wouldn't be any moving parts in it. Size does matter, especially in the Japanese market, so if Nintendo could create a Wii console that's smaller than a Big Mac then that's going to be a major advantage.
is your sanity...