Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3166002 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #4450 on: June 01, 2011, 03:46:24 PM »
That would make it less likely in my mind.  That is too new of tech.

According to Wikipedia it came out in 2009. How is that "too new of tech" for a console that comes out in 2012?
Wide term acceptance.  I'm trying to think of something that comes with SDXC.  Point being SDHC is the mainstream for this type of tech and still has a little iffy acceptance.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: June 01, 2011, 04:02:37 PM »
The Wii and many other devices (like cell phones) are all SDHC compliant.

The problem is that the spec sheet list 64GB SD cards which would automatically make it a SDXC card as 64GB and up are all SDXC.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: June 01, 2011, 06:15:18 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo launched with two different system versions. Since I'm sure Nintendo wants to keep the system affordable ($299.99 at most), I don't think they can do that with a hard drive and still be profitable. Of course, they also seem to want the lost "hardcore" gamers back, and they at least need to support hard drives for that to happen. So I see there being an affordable "basic" package with the 8GB internal flash or whatever it is, and then a "premium" model that comes with a large hard drive and maybe some other goodies. I know Nintendo have never sold two versions of a home system before, but they do currently sell two different versions of the DS (one version with two models), so I think they realize that it can work to sell a cheaper model and a more expensive "deluxe" model.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: June 01, 2011, 06:33:06 PM »
What Mop said makes sense. This may be their best move if they want to please two markets.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #4454 on: June 01, 2011, 06:52:14 PM »
The problem is that the spec sheet list 64GB SD cards which would automatically make it a SDXC card as 64GB and up are all SDXC.
And limiting it to the smallest SDXC card doesn't make much sense.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4455 on: June 01, 2011, 06:52:52 PM »
Regarding the Zelda thing, Skyward Sword would be a new Zelda being shown at E3.  They didn't say it would be REVEALED at E3, just shown.  The fact that we already know about Skyward Sword doesn't invalidate that.  Though I could totally some re-release of some sort as well.  Of course that isn't a "new" Zelda at all but Nintendo might think otherwise.

Regarding Mop's two versions idea, why not just have one version but offer the OPTION for a hard drive?  So if you want one you just buy one and hook it up?  Nintendo would probably prefer to have one model and that would allow them to.

Though if a hard drive is not standard I figure Nintendo is going to be all about size restrictions for downloads and that would be the root of any problems relating to third party support.  It doesn't matter if I hook up a TB hard drive to my Cafe.  If 8 GB is the standard then Nintendo will cater to people that only have 8 GB and thus will likely enforce size restrictions.  So anyone going over the restriction will just say "**** it" and release it for the other consoles only.

Still that would not screw up third party support for retail games, which is much more important.  I figure Nintendo will end up sabotaging SOME element of Cafe and I'd prefer this over something worse.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: June 01, 2011, 07:42:35 PM »
Regarding Mop it up's two versions idea, why not just have one version but offer the OPTION for a hard drive?  So if you want one you just buy one and hook it up?  Nintendo would probably prefer to have one model and that would allow them to.
You'd still have the option to buy one later if you bought the basic package, and the premium package would just make everything simpler for those who want it. If Nintendo thought that having more than one model would be confusing then I don't think they would have the DS Lite, DSi, and DSi XL on store shelves at the same time.

Though if a hard drive is not standard I figure Nintendo is going to be all about size restrictions for downloads and that would be the root of any problems relating to third party support.
I figure that anyone interested in downloading content is going to get the model packaged with a hard drive; with any luck, Nintendo will realize that too. So if there is a limit, maybe it'll be the 8GB but, are there any downloads on the XBox 360 or PS3 larger than even 1GB?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: June 01, 2011, 07:52:32 PM »
They get up to about 2 GB, but not really any higher than that, at least that I've seen.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: June 01, 2011, 09:31:40 PM »
Did I ever post this pic?

it's from about 9 days ago... I don't want to look back to see if I did or not.

no idea if the pic is real or not, but it popped up around the same time as that SSB Café thread, so I added it to the rumor posting from that day
Super Smash Brothers Café @ E3 2011?[/size][/font]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:45:32 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: June 01, 2011, 09:52:19 PM »
Clearly, Cloud is the special 3rd party guest.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
ESRB Leak!? Nintendo Current!? E3 Games Reel!?
« Reply #4460 on: June 01, 2011, 11:00:33 PM »
ESRB Leak!? E3 Games reel for Nintendo's.... "Current"?
http://www.destructoid.com/let-s-talk-about-the-games-that-may-come-to-project-cafe-201762.phtml
One of the more popular Project Cafe rumors going around right now comes from someone who claims to work for the ESRB, an agency which is tasked to rate the appropriateness of everything vidoegame related, even the trailers. This ESRB employee claims to have seen the video that Nintendo will be showing at E3 to promote Project Cafe --or, as they call it, "Current" -- and the list of games they've named from the video is pretty astounding.

This list includes: a new mini-game collection, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros. 4, Endless Ocean, Pikmin, Kirby, a new Zelda collection, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario., Dead Rising 2, Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil 5 "or something that looked like it," Silent Hill Downpour, a new Suda51 game that is "not No More Heroes" but is about "something hunting demons," "some mech game," Trauma Center: Current Crisis, Soul Calibur, Tekken, GTA V, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, "some Metal Gear Solid game where you play as a girl," "some cyber punk game" that looks like Snatcher, Gradius, Contra, Castlevania, and "Fallout 3 or 4."

So yeah, that's a pretty insane list. It's hard to believe that any of it's real, but seeing as the 3DS had a new Kid Icarus, Metal Gear, Assassin's Creed, two Resident Evil games, Contra, Castlevania, Street Fighter, Zelda, Persona, and many other games announced in conjunction with the console's initial reveal at E3 2010, I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to somehow get that many third parties to back them out of the gate with their next home console. It especially makes sense to see so many titles from Konami, Namco, and Capcom, who were strong early supporters of the Wii as well.

Mini editorial time -- third parties largely avoided putting their AAA titles on the Wii, and as such, they lost out on potential revenue from the Wii's 70+ million unit user base. We've heard third parties say time and time again that when they Wii took off in popularity, that they were "caught with their pants down." I'm guessing that with Project Cafe, those same third parties will be sure not to make the same mistake twice.

That is one hell of a list, and I must say that I very much prefer Nintendo Stream, Striim or xStream

But I guess my only response to that is...

this

&

So many games rumored, will they show us what we want to see or will they just continue to tease us?
*NSFW* http://i53.tinypic.com/fco8as.jpg *NSFW*
^Will they or won't they?^
5 days and 13hours remaining.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 11:17:51 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: June 01, 2011, 11:39:21 PM »
I honestly didn't think that list was impressive at all.  It's what I would expect at a launch of a next gen system to an audience with pint up demand for the current games.

Also I'm fairly sure I saw that picture a couple years back.  Probably closer to 2 or so because that is when I started to drift from the Forums.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: June 01, 2011, 11:56:17 PM »
I honestly didn't think that list was impressive at all.
Really? That list is insane in the membrane, considering the expectation for Nintendo home consoles is nothing.

That list looks like something Kytim89 cooked up while dropping acid. No offense.

I can't wait until Tuesday, if only so the ridic rumors will die down. Anyone can make up a rumor and claim they know someone or work for some company. How about this? Project Cafe's official name is Nintendo 3S (for Stream, Steam, Screen because rhyming is fun). My cousin works for Retro Studios. Someone post this on NeoGaf. It's that easy to start ****.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: June 01, 2011, 11:59:02 PM »
Dude, my cousin's niece works for Retro Studios too!

She said that it's going to be called Nintendo PS and it's going to be piss powered. For example, every time you want Mario to jump, you take a piss on your screen. She also said Piss Stream will be out June 8 this year!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: June 02, 2011, 01:09:00 AM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: June 02, 2011, 04:34:23 AM »
Nintendo PSX?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
12 Skyward Sword Rumors
« Reply #4466 on: June 02, 2011, 01:09:31 PM »
12 Pre-E3 Rumors about Zelda: Skyward Sword
http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/06/heres-the-first-of-the-annual-batch-of-pre-e3-zelda-rumors.html#more
1. Skyward Sword is complete, but still needs debugging/testing.

2. There will be a demo at E3 with three different aspects of the game explored: Flying combat, overworld + sky exploration, desert dungeon.

3. Skyward Sword girl's name is "Dorella."

4. Magician from GDC trailer's name is "Nephiburoo," he'll be a part of a group of evil sorcerers who wish to obtain the Triforce.

5. Ganondorf is in the game briefly as a child. Isn't too important to the story.

6. Zelda has a new design, similar to an Egyptian princess with brown hair. She's still recognizable however.

7. Full orchestrated soundtrack by the person responsible for Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack. (This one is actually true, but I do wonder if the poster only put this one in to make the rumors more
believable.)

8. Two overworlds: Skyloft and Hyrule. Contrast is similar to Heaven and Hell.

9. Ten minute live-action prologue that'll be posted on the net a couple of months before release. (Zelda Williams Secret Shoot? Zelda is rumored to have brown hair and take on an Egyptian princess aesthetic. It COULD fit.)

10. After you complete the game, the game goes into a storyless, neverending epilogue. Every dungeon in the game gets another dungeon inside of it utilizing everything you've obtained in the game with new bosses. New areas on the overworld are unlocked in places you wouldn't expect. Similar to the original Zelda.

11. Game will feature horse riding and boat riding. Not as expansive as seen in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, however, but a boat will be required to complete some dungeons.

12. Coming November 1st, 2011.

It's missing the all to infamous lucky #13, so I'll add it in myself
13.Skyward Sword will see an HD version for Café. Believe :P: :

The original source was 4chan, but the post has been removed from the site.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: June 02, 2011, 01:14:41 PM »
9. Ten minute live-action prologue that'll be posted on the net a couple of months before release. (Zelda Williams Secret Shoot? Zelda is rumored to have brown hair and take on an Egyptian princess aesthetic. It COULD fit.)

FMV with actors?!  What is this? 1993?  ;D

I find it funny that that big list has Resident Evil 5 on it.  What, they're not working on RE6 yet?  But then it would be very Capcom to release a game that old for the Cafe launch.  Capcom ports Resident Evil to EVERYTHING.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: June 02, 2011, 01:33:51 PM »
I approve of brunette Zelda.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: June 02, 2011, 01:40:55 PM »
Man I sure hope their is flight within the game with flying combat, I would prefer angel wings on link. Or some kind of feathered contraption.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4470 on: June 02, 2011, 01:42:50 PM »
Link becomes.... Kid Icarus?

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: June 02, 2011, 01:48:37 PM »
I take that back, I want him to ride a flying animal, preferably an eagle or owl.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: June 02, 2011, 02:01:34 PM »
That would make the game even more like Lord of the Rings.
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: June 02, 2011, 02:19:24 PM »
Total hogwash on and FMV in the game.  I could see them doing a 10-minute Hype Train live action something.  The Zelda serious has done live action before in commercials but not in the game.

Zelda has been slowly moving to the Egyptian like for a while.  Though isn't there one already where she is a Brunette?

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: June 02, 2011, 02:22:25 PM »
I take that back, I want him to ride a flying animal, preferably an eagle or owl.

Not a griffin or dragon?

5. Ganondorf is in the game briefly as a child.

Hahaha they better make him adorable.
black fairy tales are better at sports