Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3163826 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #3750 on: April 25, 2011, 12:19:41 AM »
BnM should be paid for the work he does.
is your sanity...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: April 25, 2011, 12:25:41 AM »
If the staff doesn't get paid, none of you forum people do either.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: April 25, 2011, 12:42:43 AM »
Man, BnM is like a machine lol.  He must be getting a constant feed of rumors fed to him directly lol.  Anyways, I was thinking, what if the control comes with a stand built into the back of the controller so that you can stream Netflix movies right onto the remote providing you with a somewhat portable movie player.  This would be sweet especially if you can attach headphones to this thing.  Also, I hope this comes with a protective sleeve becuase I would hate to crack that big screen.

Personally, I'm really excited for what this controller will bring to the table, specifically western rpgs.  I'm a huge fan of western open world rpgs and many problems these games have when released on consoles is that developers have a difficult time squezing all the items, skills, and magic onto a quick easy access method for the user.  Usually these games resort to a radial menu which, although nice, is not the same as having a keyboard on a pc with all the buttons mapped out to your hearts content.  With this controller though, you can have all your items on the touchscreen in a scrolling collums.  Lets say, all your skills on a scrolling collum on the right side of the screen near your thumb.  All you'll have to do is scroll the collum up or down to access your full list of skills.  They can have another icon on the screen you can touch to switch to the magic, or item collums.  You can also implement maps on the screen which you can manipulate with your finger such as leave notes on specific points of interest or treasur chests you are unable to open at that time.  The nice thing is that since the map is literally in your hands it'll help emerse you more into the rpg experience.  You can also have little mini games on the touchscreen for alchemy and item forging.  All of this is just for the wrpg genre so imagine what could be done in others.  Let me leave it at that though, this thread isn't the place for such talk lol.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 12:45:15 AM by Manny »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: April 25, 2011, 02:10:04 AM »
Fake or not, this one keeps popping up
I'm also sure that this next pic is a fake, but this rumor thread don't discriminate.

http://i.imgur.com/zuH7x.jpg

That screen doesn't look 6", but I like the ideas behind the screen in the controller.

Another pic
http://i.imgur.com/ZzLcf.jpg

Innovation Reinvented

Project Cafe is simply the most development friendly SDK the industry has ever seen. Deliver unparalleled next generation performance at current generation cost. It doesn't get any easier than this.

-easy portability from PC, Xbox 360
-anytime live update past release
-Integrated Ai-Live framework

Looks a little small in those pics according to the IGN rumor (about the size of the Original Xbox).
Actually it looks a little small regardless of what size IGN said. That thing looks to be a little smaller than a Wii.

These are obviously fake and the reflection looks very photoshopped in the first pic, but the light is on in both pics and the console is not even plugged in.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 02:15:20 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: April 25, 2011, 03:02:18 AM »
Being incredibly easy to port games to it from the 360/PC is an extremely beneficial feature, and that should go a long way towards improving multiplatform support. However, hearing that this thing is only going to be on par with a 360 makes my stomach drop, because I was really hoping for something that would be ahead of the competition by leaps and bounds. Let's say MS and/or Sony comes out with their own successor 2 years down the road. Then its just going to be like the Wii all over again, where Nintendo is stuck with outdated hardware while the competition has moved on with the PS4/720.

BnM, its difficult to judge the size of that thing in the picture because there isn't much to reference it with. If there were some objects on the table next to it like a pen or a coin or something then we could get a better idea.
is your sanity...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: April 25, 2011, 03:09:48 AM »
I know it's a mockup, but if the vertical slot on the side with the lights is the disc drive, then it would be about original Xbox in size.

J.P. Corbran

Offline rad.i.kal

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Scribble People
« Reply #3756 on: April 25, 2011, 03:13:04 AM »
that is one awesome mockup!

I hope that is it and I think it could be that the table is big and the console is the size of an OG xbox

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: April 25, 2011, 03:14:05 AM »
Nice finds BnM.

No matter whether Cafe has extra streams, the power of the NES, no motion controller, or makes real coffee I think we can all agree that the IGN Xbox size rumor has to be bullshit.

Those pics have a cool Wii form factor.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: April 25, 2011, 03:56:04 AM »
2012 seems right to me.  It was the earliest I predicted that Nintendo would launch a successor.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: April 25, 2011, 04:07:47 AM »
Interesting that it will be playable at E3, and it's not slated for this fiscal year, which pretty much kills the idea of a Q1 launch like the 3DS.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: April 25, 2011, 05:19:51 AM »
It can still have a Q1 launch.... it'll just be for FY2013 instead.

Nintendo will even have a chance to HYPE the launch party of Wii2 at E3 2012 a few weeks before they release it. June 2012 Launch

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3762 on: April 25, 2011, 06:40:26 AM »
Actually the line stating Sales have not been included in the financial forecasts announced today...tends to make me think that it WILL be launched before the end of the 2011 fiscal year.  Meaning before March 2012 but most likely ruling out holiday 2011.

I read it as business speak.  There is no way for Nintendo to accurately predict sales of this system and the interest in the system without first announcing it and seeing public reaction.  Nintendo probably hasn't developed a price point to do profit margin analysis yet.  Therefore, they CAN NOT responsibly predict the expected sales and profits from the system...and therefore MUST present its numbers without said data.  However, once proper analysis has been done, an investor meeting will be held which will add this data in.

I think the fact they are announcing playable demos at E3 means alot.  I see this coming out big in March 2012.  I think a slow burn for the 3DS into the holiday season will actually be very good for the system, and will allow the 2011 holiday season to be filled with great games for the system.  The same would be true with the Wii 2.  It allows for time to build hype that can be delivered upon for the holiday season.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: April 25, 2011, 07:25:44 AM »
If the staff doesn't get paid, none of you forum people do either.
You were cool before you became staff.

This is an excellent time to get your official exact date and price guess in:
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=34112.0
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 07:34:29 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: April 25, 2011, 07:30:45 AM »
That's a lie. I was never cool.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3765 on: April 25, 2011, 07:54:22 AM »
What do you mean by "you forum people"? :P
is your sanity...

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: April 25, 2011, 11:56:29 AM »
Being incredibly easy to port games to it from the 360/PC is an extremely beneficial feature, and that should go a long way towards improving multiplatform support. However, hearing that this thing is only going to be on par with a 360 makes my stomach drop, because I was really hoping for something that would be ahead of the competition by leaps and bounds. Let's say MS and/or Sony comes out with their own successor 2 years down the road. Then its just going to be like the Wii all over again, where Nintendo is stuck with outdated hardware while the competition has moved on with the PS4/720.

There is still hope, IGN's trusted sources say it is significantly more powerful than PS360, visually I can't really imagine what that looks like, but just trying to give you more to look forward to.

Edit:
Actually I saw last page it said Graphics on par with 360, IGN just says significantly more powerful in a general sense. So I don't know.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 11:59:35 AM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: April 25, 2011, 12:55:24 PM »
Xbit labs seems to think that the Projevt Cafe is runninging on a "R700-like" (Evergreen) GPU. They mean an 4870x2 like GPU in the HD 5XXX(Evergreen) family which is a series of 2009 DX11 GPUs, not 2008 GPU's like the R700 which is out of the HD4XXX family.
In fact, the Cafe reportedly resembles Xbox 360 even "anatomically": it is based on custom triple-core IBM Power microprocessor and features ATI R700-like (Evergreen) custom graphics engine.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multimedia/display/20110422090131_Nintendo_s_Next_Gen_Console_Code_Named_Cafe_Report.html

I wish what they were saying is true, but they site their source as 01net, who only said R700....

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: April 25, 2011, 01:04:00 PM »
Fake or not, this one keeps popping up
I'm also sure that this next pic is a fake, but this rumor thread don't discriminate.

http://i.imgur.com/zuH7x.jpg

That screen doesn't look 6", but I like the ideas behind the screen in the controller.

Another pic
http://i.imgur.com/ZzLcf.jpg

Innovation Reinvented

Project Cafe is simply the most development friendly SDK the industry has ever seen. Deliver unparalleled next generation performance at current generation cost. It doesn't get any easier than this.

-easy portability from PC, Xbox 360
-anytime live update past release
-Integrated Ai-Live framework

http://i.imgur.com/6BVpS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yNj6o.jpg

Looks a little small in those pics according to the IGN rumor (about the size of the Original Xbox).
Actually it looks a little small regardless of what size IGN said. That thing looks to be a little smaller than a Wii.

These are obviously fake and the reflection looks very photoshopped in the first pic, but the light is on in both pics and the console is not even plugged in.

One more pic

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Account Log-ins for Cafe? Nintendo Patent - Pub. 4/19/2011
« Reply #3769 on: April 25, 2011, 01:29:13 PM »
One more thing. A Nintendo Patent Published on the 19th of April 2011
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7929911.html
Wireless communication game system
United States Patent 7929911

A wireless communication game system includes a plurality of mobile game apparatuses, which function as a parent device or a child device and are capable of making a communication with each other, and broadcasts from the parent device a parent device packet including a parent device PID, a user name UserName, a game name GameName, an OC flag, an E slot, a U slot, and a payload. All the parent device packets are received from the parent device existing within a communicationable range of a user's own apparatus, and the user's own apparatus creates a parent device list, and displays the parent device list on an LCD. Therefore, a user or a player of his own apparatus looks at the game name of the parent device list, for example, and operates a cross key included in an operation key so as to select one desired parent device. Then, transmitting a child device number CID of the user's own apparatus at the E slot designated by the parent device packet, the user's own apparatus transmits a connection request to the parent device.

I would use bolding, but then I would just end up bolding the entire thing.
Does that sound like an account based log-in to anyone else?

I'm thinking Master/Slave (Console/Controller) where the user logs in through the controller and then preset parental controls (stored on the console) block what that user is able to see, do, access & play based on built in game/movie ratings and and parental restrictions.

To take that idea even further (since I've speculated on something similar before), you could log in and your custom menu comes up with your personalized Mii and your own personal friends list. You will have access to the game/movie in the drive (parental controls permitting) or the eShop, Nintendo Channel or Internet browser by default. More customization comes just like the Wii Home Screen where you can choose the Games/Channels/Appz that sit on your home screen.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: April 25, 2011, 01:34:49 PM »
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7929911.html
Wireless communication game system
United States Patent 7929911

A wireless communication game system includes a plurality of mobile game apparatuses, which function as a parent device or a child device and are capable of making a communication with each other, and broadcasts from the parent device a parent device packet including a parent device PID, a user name UserName, a game name GameName, an OC flag, an E slot, a U slot, and a payload. All the parent device packets are received from the parent device existing within a communicationable range of a user's own apparatus, and the user's own apparatus creates a parent device list, and displays the parent device list on an LCD. Therefore, a user or a player of his own apparatus looks at the game name of the parent device list, for example, and operates a cross key included in an operation key so as to select one desired parent device. Then, transmitting a child device number CID of the user's own apparatus at the E slot designated by the parent device packet, the user's own apparatus transmits a connection request to the parent device.

I would use bolding, but then I would just end up bolding the entire thing.
Does that sound like an account based log-in to anyone else?

I'm thinking Master/Slave (Console/Controller) where the user logs in through the controller and then preset parental controls (stored on the console) block what that user is able to see, do, access & play based on built in game/movie ratings and and parental restrictions.

To take that idea even further (since I've speculated on something similar before), you could log in and your custom menu comes up with your personalized Mii and your own personal friends list. You will have access to the game/movie in the drive (parental controls permitting) or the eShop, Nintendo Channel or Internet browser by default. More customization comes just like the Wii Home Screen where you can choose the Games/Channels/Appz that sit on your home screen.
This also sounds like the logical expansion of the Wiimote Memory idea that didn't take off where the console is who you are.  So you take it somewhere else and there you are.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: April 25, 2011, 01:35:37 PM »
However, hearing that this thing is only going to be on par with a 360 makes my stomach drop, because I was really hoping for something that would be ahead of the competition by leaps and bounds. Let's say MS and/or Sony comes out with their own successor 2 years down the road. Then its just going to be like the Wii all over again, where Nintendo is stuck with outdated hardware while the competition has moved on with the PS4/720.

Agreed.  If they do this we'll have good times for a couple of years and then everything will be fucked all over again.  Third parties don't give a **** about stupid little screens.  They want to make multiplatform games.

I don't want to use a handheld system to play my console games.

I don't either.  But it sounds like I'll be able to play stuff on the TV so that will work okay for me.  I predict that either the screen will be used for connectivity gimmicks, (hopefully) a DS player, and the odd game that you can "take with you" which will probably be mini-games within the game or scaled down titles because they aren't going to get the tech they need for the "real" games into the controller.  Even streaming there would be lag.  They'll push the screen gimmick but the meat and potatoes will be playing the thing on your TV like a normal console.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: April 25, 2011, 01:46:45 PM »

I don't either.  But it sounds like I'll be able to play stuff on the TV so that will work okay for me.  I predict that either the screen will be used for connectivity gimmicks, (hopefully) a DS player, and the odd game that you can "take with you" which will probably be mini-games within the game or scaled down titles because they aren't going to get the tech they need for the "real" games into the controller.  Even streaming there would be lag.  They'll push the screen gimmick but the meat and potatoes will be playing the thing on your TV like a normal console.

The rumor states that the controller is a client that is streamed to from the console. The console does all or most of the processing. New HDstreaming tech has far less lag than your LCD screen/monitor, so you would see it practically the same as you would on your TV.

I've posted a vid of the HDwifi or whatever it was called before. I'll edit it in if I find it again though.

edit:
AMD demonstrating HD streaming tech.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF8omefUZik
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:50:19 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: April 25, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »

The rumor states that the controller is a client that is streamed to from the console. The console does all or most of the processing. New HDstreaming tech has far less lag than your LCD screen/monitor, so you would see it practically the same as you would on your TV.

I've posted a vid of the HDwifi or whatever it was called before. I'll edit it in if I find it again though.

edit:
AMD demonstrating HD streaming tech.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF8omefUZik
On a technical sidenote I wonder what Frequencies are being used for that tech, I didn't see it.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #3774 on: April 25, 2011, 01:54:42 PM »
But filed in 2002 (Japan) / 2003 (US).
Aaron Kaluszka