Author Topic: Wii Price drops to $149.99 & Nintendo Selects Games @ $19.99 - May 15th  (Read 7090 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Wii price drop is now Official
http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/04/nintendo-drops-wii-price-to-150-from-may-15th-throws-in-a-free/
Nintendo Unveils New Wii Package at $149.99, Launches 'Nintendo Selects' $19.99 Wii Games

Having Fun with Family and Friends Just Became More Affordable than Ever With New Suggested Retail Pricing

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nintendo is dropping the suggested retail price of its Wii™ system to $149.99 and including a Mario™ game with the Wii hardware. Starting May 15, the newly priced Wii system will come in either black or white with the Mario Kart™ Wii game and a matching colored Wii Wheel™ accessory, replacing the previously included Wii Sports™ and Wii Sports Resort™ games.

Also on May 15, Nintendo launches the new Nintendo® Selects collection of Wii games, a set of popular games that millions of people have already experienced, at a suggested retail price of $19.99. The four must-own games in this collection are The Legend of Zelda™: Twilight Princess, Animal Crossing™: City Folk, Mario™ Super Sluggers and Wii Sports, which is available for the first time as a separate software purchase. Parents and video game fans can now easily expand their library of fun, family-friendly Wii games.

"From the day it launched, Wii has let players of all ages and experience levels have fun with one another," said Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. "The new suggested retail pricing for both the hardware and select games will help create more of these magical moments for even greater numbers of people."

With Mario Kart Wii now included with the Wii hardware, players will be able to enjoy fun go-kart racing with Mario and all his Mushroom Kingdom pals right out of the box. The Wii Remote™ Plus controller, Nunchuk™ controller and Wii Wheel included in the package will all match the hardware, meaning they will be either black or white. The new black Wii Wheel will also be available separately at a suggested retail price of $9.99.

Remember that Wii features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://wii.com.

About Nintendo: The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii™ home console, Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 3.5 billion video games and more than 577 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi XL™, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™ and Nintendo GameCube™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com.

Originally posted in the rumor thread here: 4/12/2011
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=16688.msg666463#msg666463
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:29:22 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/pr/26197

That's the NWR Press release link.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
I like the Nintendo Selects packaging.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
At least it isn't baby puke yellow like the GC player's choice boxart was. Everyone hated that, although I just tried to pretend it was actually gold instead of piss yellow.
is your sanity...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
I like the Japanese cases better.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
I loved the Japanese cases too.

Hopefully they throw in more titles down the road, been looking for Punch Out for awhile now.  Only a few stores still carry it and that's at full price.  I missed all the $9.99 deals the had going for it.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Re: Wii Price drops to $149.99 & Nintendo Selects Games @ $19.99 - May 15th
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 12:08:24 AM »
I heard a rumour in passing that there will soon be four more titles added to the Wii Selects line, has anyone else heard about this? They are:

Super Paper Mario
Mario Strikers Charged
Punch-Out!!
Super Mario Galaxy

I hope it's true, I'd love to get Punch-Out!! for $20. I was curious about it but not enough to pay $50.

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 01:07:47 AM »
I heard a rumour in passing that there will soon be four more titles added to the Wii Selects line, has anyone else heard about this? They are:

Super Paper Mario
Mario Strikers Charged
Punch-Out!!
Super Mario Galaxy

I hope it's true, I'd love to get Punch-Out!! for $20. I was curious about it but not enough to pay $50.

BnM mentioned this in the Official Big N Rumour thread. And yes, Mop, you definitely should pick up Punch-Out!! if it's true. It's fun as hell.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 01:31:51 AM »
Regarding those four:

I bought Super Mario Galaxy at launch and loved the game. Eventually it got stolen and I wanted to play it again but was not gonna pay $54 for it. I might get it again for $21.60 (I am including taxes).

Never played the other three, but I am interested in all of them and may get them eventually.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 09:03:20 PM »
Aye, I don't always check that thread, but I probably should have in this case. Oh well, this is his topic too so he probably won't care. Looks like there's no real source for it, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:05:41 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 07:28:59 PM »
You'd think they'd at least move the stars on the Mario Galaxy box art...
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 05:46:11 PM »
Move them to where?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 06:49:23 PM »
Anywhere that they don't end up on the letters "U R MR GAY".
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 06:53:45 PM »
You have a dirty mind if you think that Shaymin.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 07:06:57 PM »

But that would be like removing all the penises from the cover of The Little Mermaid.
That's what makes the cover special and memorable.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 07:51:07 PM »

But that would be like removing all the penises from the cover of The Little Mermaid.
That's what makes the cover special and memorable.

Do you have a link to this?
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 07:56:41 PM »
http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/mermaid.asp

When the guy who drew the movie poster was finishing it at 4AM, he accidentally made one the spires look like a penis (it was just one, the others were regular spires). Disney changed it when they released the movie on video.