Yep, the third game in Free Radical's marquee series has gone gold.
The GameCube isn't known for its wide selection of first-person shooters, but many Nintendo fans cherish their copies of Timesplitters 2, developed at Free Radical by some of the chaps who worked on Rare's legendary Goldeneye 007.
EA dropped us a line today to say that the third game in the Timesplitters series, Future Perfect, has gone gold and will be shipping on March 22nd. Here's a handy list of features according to EA:
• A deep story mode taking players from a 1914 Scottish castle to the frontlines of a robot war in 2243
• Innovative “meet and assist yourself” gameplay – where you team up with past, present and future versions of yourself for the ultimate in teamwork
• Online multiplayer action for up to 16 gamers on Xbox Live and 8-player action for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, in 11 unique online game modes, including Deathmatch, Shrink, Thief, Capture the Bag, Virus, Vampire and more
• Co-op mode allowing gamers to play through the entire single-player game with a friend
• Deep Arcade and Challenge modes offering dozens of mini-games and offline multiplayer action
• More than 150 playable characters, from robotic super soldiers and Cold War commandos to zombie nurses and pistol-packing monkeys
• Easy-to-use Mapmaker tool allowing players to create their own single and multiplayer levels and share them online for endless replay value
• More than 40 era-specific weapons and vehicles – from time disruption grenades and giant mechs to flare guns and machine-gun mounted trucks