Capcom shows off Killer 7 for the GameCube.
Capcom's Kiler 7™ for Nintendo GameCube
Seven Degrees of Personalities Come Together to Form One 'Killer' Product
E3, LOS ANGELES -- May 12, 2004 -- Capcom today presented Killer 7™, a stylized, post-modern hard boiled action adventure game for the Nintendo™ GameCube. Featuring visual artistry and dark imagery with striking cel-shaded graphics, Killer 7 chronicles the connection between two men whose intertwined paths develop into a compelling tale of revenge and altering personas. Killer 7 propels players into the consciousness of one man and his seven different personalities. The player’s challenge is to stop a wave of indiscriminate violence that is plaguing the world. Killer 7 is scheduled to be released throughout North America this winter.
In Killer 7, players take on the role of Harman Smith an unlikely assassin who leads a life as the intermediary link between seven alter egos. Switching between his seven different personalities, Harman employs each character’s unique abilities to terminate targets he deems “deserving to die.” Now a powerful underworld kingpin has unleashed violent creatures called ‘Heaven’s Smile.’ These crazed soldiers, affixed with horrific smiles, have started to wreak havoc on city streets. It is up to the player to interchange Harman’s seven ‘partners’ and utilize the special powers that dwell within them in order to assassinate Kun Lan, the notorious criminal overlord behind all the madness.
Among the many features Killer 7 will deliver are:
- Distinctive and visually stunning, post-modern approach to cel shaded environments
- Unique cast of playable characters – Each persona has different strengths, special abilities and weapons that help Harman proceed through the game. The seven personalities that comprise the “Smith Alliance” include:
- Garcian Smith – The clairvoyant leader of the ‘alliance’ who has the ability to turn invisible and serves as the “cleaner” that recovers the bodies of fallen teammates
- Dan Smith – Strong and extremely well trained, Dan has the ability to wipe out the enemy with his fiendish destructive force
- Mask De Smith – A grenade launcher wielding man who is unbeatable with his specialty wrestling moves, countering any attacks brought upon by his enemies
- Coyote Smith – Has the ability to unleash a frighteningly destructive “Gang Kick” that can knock down enemies with a single blow
- Kaede Smith – The only female personality of the group. She throws her enemies into confusion by blasting out a shower of blood super-charged with a deadly virus
- Con Smith – A young man blessed with exceptional hearing. He uses his ability to reveal the locations of hidden items
- Kevin Smith – An independent personality that keeps to himself. He can eliminate a target with ease using a number of masterful knife wielding techniques