*Note: not the sequel to Deer Hunter 8. Totally different game, I swear.
HUNTER: THE RECKONING HAS ARRIVED
Non-stop action is now available on the Nintendo GameCube
IRVINE, California, November 19, 2002 - Interplay Entertainment Corp.
(OTCBB:IPLY) and the Games division of Vivendi Universal Publishing today
announced the arrival of Hunter: The Reckoning(tm) for the Nintendo
GameCube(tm) game system to retail establishments. Developed by High Voltage
Software, Hunter: The Reckoning is an action game based on the characters
and fiction found in the popular role-playing game Hunter: The Reckoning and
the immersive World of Darkness(tm) created by White Wolf Publishing Inc.
Played from a third person perspective, Hunter immerses players in the
nightmarish setting of Ashcroft, a town plagued by creatures of the night.
Armed with a variety of weaponry, players go through the game's many gothic
environments and battle over 30 creature variants from bloodthirsty vampires
to unstoppable legions of the walking dead.
"We are thrilled to offer the non-stop action of Hunter to the Nintendo
GameCube audience" said Gary Dawson, Chief Operating Officer of Interplay.
Hunter: The Reckoning Feature Set
* Single or Multiplayer madness! 1 - 4 Hunters battle up to 30 creatures all
on the same screen
* Unload both barrels on 20 types of monster from zombies to vampires
including 7 insane boss characters
* Deal out the damage with over 20 melee, ranged and spell weapons including
axes, shotguns, swords and flamethrowers
* Take apart your enemies piece-by-piece by dismembering heads, arms and
* Movement Independent Targeting technology makes use of both analog sticks
to allow the player to simultaneously move and shoot in different directions
* Bone-chilling soundtrack from gothic industrial band COMA
Hunter: the Reckoning for the Nintendo GameCube is now available in stores
for a suggested retail price of $49.99.