It's not a racing game, it's the most tricked-out freestyle moto game ever.
Midway Sports Asylum ``Frees Your Mind'' with Ship of First-Ever Free-Roaming Freestyle Motocross Videogame -- Freestyle MetalX
Freestyle MetalX(TM) Allows Players to Pull Endless Eye-Popping Stunts in Spectacular Open Environments with Nine of the Sickest Pro Riders
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 24, 2003-- Midway Sports Asylum®, the action-sports brand of leading software industry publisher and developer Midway Games Inc., announced today that Freestyle MetalX(TM), the first true freestyle motocross game, has shipped for the PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system with the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft and the Nintendo GameCube(TM) versions to follow.
Riding it hard, fast and anywhere, Freestyle MetalX is a totally unique offering that caters to the action sport and mass-market gamer with diverse, lawless freestyle motocross mayhem. Gamers and motocross fanatics can "be sick all over" as they experience firsthand the extreme thrills and spills of the first freestyle motocross videogame. Featuring a seemingly unlimited stunt system, expansive worlds, eight levels and multiple sub-games, Freestyle MetalX lets players cancan and rodeo their way through vast environments as they interact with and trick-off everything from swimming pools to skyscrapers. Freestyle MetalX also offers extreme side events where players can earn money in career mode by executing flawless maneuvers such as Bus Jumping, Wall of Death, Longest Wheelie, and more.
"Freestyle MetalX brings the extraordinary world of freestyle motocross to the gamer, letting players pull off amazing stunts while riding wherever they want in an entirely free-roaming game environment," said Helene Sheeler, vice president of marketing, Midway. "For the first time in a sports game players can ride from one level to the next without experiencing load times."
Freestyle MetalX features nine of the sickest pro riders pulling endless eye-popping tricks in stunning open environments. Pro rider legends include: Clifford "The Flyin' Hawaiian" Adoptonte, Jeff Tilton, Nate "Destroyer" Adams, Jeremy "Twitch" Stenberg, Trevor Vines, "Mad" Mike Jones, Kris "The Rock" Rourke, Doug Parsons and Ronnie "Kung Fu" Faisst.
In addition, Freestyle MetalX is totally customizable, allowing gamers to choose from 16 riders, options of motocross gear and unique bike models to create the ultimate hardcore, bone-breaking freestyle motocross experience. Gamers can create their own motocross arenas with an advanced level editor and take on creative sub-games, like riding off a cliff and turning into a human dart aimed at a giant dartboard.
The game also features special DVD content, which offers a sneak peek into the daredevil lifestyles of real motocross sensations and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Freestyle MetalX. Top metal bands such as Motley Crue, Megadeth, Motorhead, and Twisted Sister also amp up the intensity in the game with hardcore music that will shake the arena.
Freestyle MetalX Key Features:
- Virtually Unlimited Stunt System -- Mix and link seemingly never-ending stunt combinations to create brand new tricks in real-time like "Saran Wrap," "Cordova," "Stripper," "Hart Attack," and more.
- Characters -- Choose from 16 riders including nine top pros leading the sport like Clifford "The Flyin' Hawaiian" Adoptonte, Ronnie "Kung Fu" Faisst, "Mad" Mike Jones, Jeff Tilton, Nate "Destroyer" Adams, Doug Parsons, Jeremy "Twitch" Stenberg, Trevor Vines, and Kris "The Rock" Rourke.
- Expansive Worlds -- Get lost in eight huge levels, which include up to three separate competitions each, and special challenges throughout as you move up through the rankings from poser, freestyler, superstar to legend. Competitions include Big Air, Freestyle, Race and Hill Climb.
- Advanced Level Editor -- Create your own motocross arenas with an advanced level editor.
- Side Events -- Open up events as you gain popularity and money in career mode.
- Daredevil Arena: Bus Jumping, Wall of Death, and Tunnel of Fire
- Seamless Levels -- For the first time ever in a sports game, unlock each area and have them linked together, allowing you to drive seamlessly from one level to the next without loading.
- Killer Soundtrack -- The best metal you ever rocked to with bands like Motley Crue, Megadeth, Motorhead, Twisted Sister and more.