Which ones will surprise you the most?
The overall theme to today's Nintendo Direct was regarding Smash Bros. for the Wii U, and all fifty facts (plus a couple of extras!) are listed below. Did you have a good feeling about most of these already, or were you stunned about some of today's reveals? Let us know in the comments below!
1. The fighters in Smash Bros. for 3DS will move over to the Wii U version with the same moves.
2. The resolution difference between the 3DS and Wii U is major. The Wii U version will have higher resolutions in HD.
3. Eight players will be able to play at once. This is a special mode, so only a few stages will be able to showcase eight fighter gameplay.
4. Bigger stages not found in the 3DS version will be in the Wii U, such as Temple and Big Battlefield.
5. Danger Zones are parts of stages that will give damage if touched. Players who have over 100% damage will be instantly KO'd if they come to contact with them.
6. The Jungle Hijinks stage from Donkey Kong Country Returns will allow two different planes for gameplay, much like DKCR has.
7. More stages not found in the 3DS version will be represented in the Wii U version. Stages such as Pilotwings, Onett, Norfair, Wrecking Crew and Luigi's Mansion were shown.
8. A Miiverse stage is coming. It will display messages during battle.
9. Similar to the codex discussions between Snake and crew in Brawl, Palutena will be able to guide Pit in the Wii U version by talking about his opponents. The Star Fox team will also have similar discussions whenever Fox or Falco are in play.
10. Metal Face from Xenoblade will be popping up in the Gaur Plain stage.
11. Ridley from Metroid will appear in the Pyrosphere stage, inspired by Metroid: Other M. Befriend Ridley and he will be able to join your side. Defeat him and he'll earn you one point when it's time to tally wins.
12. Coin Battles will be making their return in the Wii U version of Smash Bros.
13. Stamina Battles, in which opponents battle each other until the loser reaches zero, is also returning.
14. Special Smash allows players to use different sets of options for battles. Stamina battles are a part of Special Smash.
15. Item frequency can be changed.
16. My Music allows players to change the frequency in which music plays in each stage.
17. Menu music can be changed as well!
18. There will be a ton more music in Smash Bros. for Wii U than in the 3DS version.
19. The number of composers, both from Nintendo and Bandai Namco, have increased as well!
20. CDs can be picked up during gameplay that will unlock new songs.
21. Challenges, seen in the 3DS game, will be in the Wii U version as well. The difference is that there will be a single challenges screen for the Wii U mode.
22. Classic Mode is a bit different than in the 3DS version. The intensity option is intact, but the types of battles you'll come across are different. Eight player modes were shown during this factoid.
23. Movies will be shown highlighting characters that beat Classic mode.
24. All Star mode is here. The difference is that the newer characters will be first to challenge you, then the older characters will arrive as you defeat more fighters. The rest area has also been revamped.
25. Event mode will be themed battles based on different franchises that can be completed in easy, medium or hard difficulties.
26. Smash Tour is a new board game mode. Spin to advance the board. Those whose spaces you come across will end up in battle! You'll be able to use the same items found in Smash Run in order to power up your Mii, who you will be using in this mode. Use all of these items and boosts for a final battle!
27. Target Blast in the Wii U game is different in that the second bomb is bigger, as well as there being 3 different stages for each fighter.
28. Multiplayer stadium modes, such as Multi-Man smash and co-op Home Run mode, are represented.
29. Special Orders mode is revealed. Master Orders is receiving awards based on difficulty battles. Gold tickets found here can be used for Crazy Orders, in which you fight enemies and collect prizes until you're ready to face Crazy Hand. All rewards are earned upon beating Crazy Hand.
30. Master Fortress is the newest form of Master Core. This is for more intense difficulties only.
31. Tons of controller options are available. GameCube, Wii Remote Plus, Nunchuk, Wii Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, and the Wii U Pro Controller are available control options.
32. Two GameCube controller adapters can be used on the same Wii U.
33. You'll be able to use the Nintendo 3DS as a controller for Smash Bros. Wii U as well!
34. You can connect the 3DS Smash Bros. game to the Wii U game. Custom characters as well as Miis can be transferred.
35. Tons of trophies will be in the game, more than ever before!
36. Final Smash trophies can be unlocked after clearing All Star mode with a character.
37. Trophy Boxes can be used to display trophies according to a certain theme.
38. Photo Studio allows figurines to be put in dioramas for picture taking.
39. Trophy Rush can be played with two players.
40. Masterpieces are back in which you can play short demo versions of older games starting Smash fighters. Super Mario Bros., Dr. Mario, Earthbound and Punch-Out are just some.
41. Amiibos will be in the game. You can play as them and also fight against them.
42. The Wii LAN adapter will be compatible with the Wii U.
43. Automatic notifications are here for the latest Smash Bros. updates.
44. The "With Anyone" online features will feature two player co-op.
45. Tourney Mode will not be in the initial release, but it's coming.
46. 64 man tournaments are coming as well!
47. The GamePad will display damage taken during battle.
48. You can pause the screen with the GamePad to take pictures. Decorate the pictures taken with the GamePad for a fun time.
49. The microphone will be able to be used before and after battles. It will not be available during battles for stability purposes.
50. Stage Builder mode will allow you to create stages using the GamePad.
And here's some extra facts in case you didn't get enough!
51. You'll be able to share stages with other characters online!
52. Movies will have its own section for you to enjoy, including the intro video and movies you unlock after clearing Classic mode.
53. A special soundtrack is available to Club Nintendo members who purchase both the Wii U and 3DS titles. There will be two discs. The blue CD will feature music from the Wii U game while the red CD will have music from the Nintendo 3DS version.