Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Company has sued Nintendo for $236,304, claiming a faulty DS Charger caused a Kentucky home to catch fire.
On December 17th, Nintendo of America was issued a lawsuit by Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance. The insurance company believes a Kentucky household went ablaze because of a defective DS AC Adapter, and that Nintendo is liable.
The insurance company wants $236,304 from Nintendo for the damages they awarded French Harmon, the owner of the home that was ravaged by flames. Many charges are made in the complaint, including the claim that fire was the direct result of Nintendo failing "to adequately, properly and safely design, manufacture, assemble inspect and test" the DS AC Adapter.
One piece of evidence that the complaint mentions to support its case is that Nintendo had previously recalled DS Adapters for their "their risk of overheating and fire." However, the suit fails to mention that the DS Lite chargers that were recalled had solely been sold in Japan.