We store cookies, you can get more info from our privacy policy.
Switch

Bowser's Fury Revealed In New Super Mario 3D World+ Trailer

by Donald Theriault - January 11, 2021, 10:27 pm EST
Total comments: 8 Source: Nintendo

The mystery of Nintendo's first published game of 2021 will be answered.

UPDATE: The trailer is now live, showing a new world, a possible team up with Bowser Jr, and gigantic Mario and Bowser facing off. Original story is below the embed.

Nintendo is preparing to blow out Bowser's Fury tomorrow.

A new trailer for the February 12 release will be available tomorrow at 9 a.m. Eastern time / 6 a.m. Pacific / 1400 UTC. It promises that "Bowser's Fury will be unleashed".

Talkback

Excited to see what this is. It's been teased so much. Hopefully it's something pretty substantial!

BlackNMild2k1January 12, 2021

Is this a brand new game? or a semi-remake w/ added new content?

AdrockJanuary 12, 2021

Quote from: BlackNMild2k1

Is this a brand new game? or a semi-remake w/ added new content?

Port with added content.

Bowser's Fury seems to not be 4-players like the base game which is an odd choice. It also looks like one really large stage, unless that's a hub to smaller stages. I appreciate the trailer even if some of the details a bit hazy.

steveyJanuary 12, 2021

Mario goes super sonic

Every fiber of my being wants to go "FAKE". 2021 is weird.

KhushrenadaJanuary 13, 2021

Quote from: stevey

Mario goes super sonic

Every fiber of my being wants to go "FAKE". 2021 is weird.

I was thinking Goku but I can see Super Sonic as well. (I thought maybe this will be how "Goku" gets into Smash. A Mario version of him and Nintendo planting them seeds for that reveal now.)

Spak-SpangJanuary 13, 2021

I am curious if it is a single big level or what.  It kinda seems like a playground where you are basically playing a Mario Godzilla game.  Mario goes around doing little chores to earn "stars" or whatever currency you got...and a timer goes off and evil Bowser comes and you have to fend him off and then go back to work. 

It also seems there may be places you can only reach during a bowser attack which is also pretty intense.  Something tells me it will be a short bonus game but it looks fun.

SheckyJanuary 14, 2021

Quote from: Spak-Spang

I am curious if it is a single big level or what.  It kinda seems like a playground where you are basically playing a Mario Godzilla game.  Mario goes around doing little chores to earn "stars" or whatever currency you got...and a timer goes off and evil Bowser comes and you have to fend him off and then go back to work. 

It also seems there may be places you can only reach during a bowser attack which is also pretty intense.  Something tells me it will be a short bonus game but it looks fun.

From the extended overview, it seems it will be one big level that has Bowser coming and going.  It sounds like your assumptions may be spot on.

https://youtu.be/5nW9o6M5zFo

Mr. BungleJanuary 14, 2021

From the site https://supermario3dworld.nintendo.com/bowsers-fury/:

"Mario is sent to Lake Lapcat, where everything is cat-themed—and Bowser has gone berserk! Team up with Bowser Jr. to help his dad chill out in this short but action-packed standalone adventure."

"In this free-roaming adventure, you’ll travel to various islands in Lake Lapcat to collect Cat Shines to reignite lighthouses and clear darkened terrain. Watch out for Bowser, though!"

Got a news tip? Send it in!
Advertisement
Advertisement