Following the reveal of a few songs from each game, Activision is giving fans the opportunity to vote on how the set list for the upcoming Guitar Hero game is announced.
The Guitar Hero franchise has found a solid fanbase on the Wii with Guitar Hero III and Guitar Hero: World Tour being million sellers on the system. The next game in the series, Guitar Hero: Smash Hits, will be a collection of 48 songs from earlier games that didn't feature full band gameplay. It will retain all of the gameplay modes that were in Guitar Hero: World Tour. For many of these songs, this will be the first time they are made available to Wii gamers. To hype up the upcoming release, Activision has asked fans to determine how the songs will be revealed through their official website.
Developed by Beenox Studios, Guitar Hero: Smash Hits will be released in June 2009.
After the initial announcement last week, there have been more song unveilings. We'll keep you posted as more songs get unveiled.
Here is the set list so far:
- "Them Bones" by Alice in Chains
- "Godzilla" by Blue Öyster Cult
- "More Than a Feeling" by Boston
- "Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple
- "Take it Off" by The Donnas
- "Through the Fire and Flames" by DragonForce
- "Hey You" by The Exies
- "Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand
- "Barracuda" by Heart
- "Unsung" (Live) by Helmet
- "Stellar" by Incubus
- "I Love Rock 'n Roll" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
- "Carry On Wayward Son" by Kansas
- "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- "Bark at the Moon" by Ozzy Osbourne
- "Cowboys From Hell" (Live) by Pantera
- "Nothin' But a Good Time" by Poison
- "Killer Queen" by Queen
- "No One Knows" by Queens of the Stone Age
- "Killing in the Name" by Rage Against the Machine
- "Message in a Bottle" by The Police
- "I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister
- "Thunder Kiss '65" by White Zombie
- Guitar Hero
- "Killer Queen" – Queen
- "I Love Rock N Roll" – Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
- "Bark At The Moon" – Ozzy Osbourne
- Guitar Hero II
- "Them Bones" – Alice in Chains
- "Killing in the Name" – Rage Against The Machine
- "Message In A Bottle" – The Police
- "Carry On Wayward Son" – Kansas
- "Free Bird" – Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s
- "I Wanna Rock" – Twisted Sister
- "Nothin But A Good Time" – Poison
- Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
- "Barracuda" – Heart
- "Through the Fire and Flames" – DragonForce
ACTIVISION EMPOWERS FANS TO REVEAL GUITAR HERO® SMASH HITS SET LIST
Online voting at SmashHits.GuitarHero.com Begins Today
Santa Monica, CA – April 9, 2009 – Guitar Hero® fans can now cast their votes online atSmashHits.GuitarHero.com to determine the order in which songs will be revealed for Activision Publishing, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero® Smash Hits. Guitar Hero Smash Hits takes the most exciting, recognizable and fun to play music from genre-defining titles Guitar Hero®, Guitar Hero® II, Guitar Hero® Encore: Rocks the 80s and Guitar Hero® III: Legends of Rock, which were previously available for guitar-only in-game play, and delivers them as a compelling and dynamic full band experience.
Starting today, music and video game fans alike can visit SmashHits.GuitarHero.com to cast their votes for which previous Guitar Hero game they would like the set list unveiled from first. Each week, a portion of the Guitar Hero Smash Hits set list will be revealed based on which prior game captures the most votes.
Guitar Hero Smash Hits feature the most memorable songs from Guitar Hero games together in one epic set list, including these tracks:
Turn down the lights, crank up the amps and prepare to command center stage as some of the most famous AND infamous tracks from Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s and Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock step into the spotlight in the most epic, full band jam session to-date - Guitar Hero Smash Hits. The #1 best-selling video game franchise of 2008 presents the best of the best to music video game aficionados so they can join together for guitar, bass, drums and vocals in-game and rock to master tracks of their favorite Guitar Hero music.
Featuring 48 master recordings, Guitar Hero Smash Hits delivers exciting online and offline gameplay modes including Band Career and 8-player "Battle of the Bands," which allows two full bands to compete head-to-head online. Players' rock n' roll fantasies turn to realities as they create their rocker, compose original music and share it with the world through the innovative Music Studio, GHTunes™ and robust Rock Star Creator gameplay modes first introduced inGuitar Hero® World Tour.
Developed by Beenox Studios, Guitar Hero Smash Hits for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo, andPLAYSTATION®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems are scheduled for release in June. For more information about the game, visit www.GuitarHero.com.