Author Topic: REALISTIC ZELDA TRAILER!!!  (Read 35747 times)

Offline Ocarina Blue

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: REALISTIC ZELDA TRAILER!!!
« Reply #200 on: May 18, 2004, 06:53:03 PM »

I'm more than half-way through the game, Mousie, but I just don't feel like finishing it...It's not that I'm not able to complete the game in the time given, but the fact that I'm being timed in a game that is all about taking your time...

I really disagree with this. As long as you slow down time, it should be enough. I think there was only once when I had to go back half-way through a dungeon, and it wasn´t that bad.

I saw the passing of time more a gate to interesting character relationships and more game-content than one of those bloody grey boulders that block your path. I would really recommend playing it more, even if you have to endure the dungeons. I traded in my Cube and bought another one so I could get the disc and once again play MM.
Om mani padme hum.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 18, 2004, 07:27:10 PM »
"I saw the passing of time more a gate to interesting character relationships"

Wha? O_o

The thing is, I'm not someone who wants to rush to the next dungeon right away...I like exploring around, just to see what kind of new things I can find...I'm just not allowed that kind of freedom in MM...(I spent more than half my gaming time in my first time through WW just sailing around doing pointless things.  I probably spent hours of time just running around Hyrule Field in OoT with the Bunny Hood.  It's a shame I couldn't do the same in MM, because it truely was a well-produced game)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #202 on: May 18, 2004, 07:31:09 PM »
You're saying a 3 hour block of time isn't enough to leisurely run around Termina Field using slowed-time in a single sitting?

If you're not gonna rush thru a dungeon, then help out the NPCs and their little issues.  The NPC experience in MM is richer than WW and OoT's combined, AND I LOVED IT.  MALON HUGGED ME.  I FELT HER "TRACTS OF LAND."
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 18, 2004, 07:40:26 PM »
Ah, I see what I mean. If you focus mainly on landscape exploration, I guess MM just doesn´t suit you. I went in expecting something similar to OoT, and I at first hated it when I discovered what it was, but I later played it and loved it.

"I saw the passing of time more a gate to interesting character relationships"

Wha? O_o

Yeah, that was definately the wrong term, sorry. Perhaps ´character development´ would be more apropriate. The emphasis on charaters is something that shows how Nintendo is willing to change the series. If I was making the series, I wouldn´t have dreamed of bringing in a mechanic that restricts environmental exploration in favour character exploration; but Nintendo did, and I think I like the game better for it.
Om mani padme hum.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #204 on: May 18, 2004, 07:42:25 PM »
Malon hugged you, too.  Didn't she?

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2004, 07:55:22 PM »
Nice little interview here, in which Miyamoto says that game will be more action oriented like AoL.

Wham!: Can you give us some examples of how this adventure will be more adult and more mature?

SM: Link as a character will be taller with longer limbs, so we’re going to have a lot more sword fighting and action elements like we saw in a game like Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. And then of course we’ll have to have a lot of cool items that we can have Link using in different poses.
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
RE:REALISTIC ZELDA TRAILER!!!
« Reply #206 on: May 22, 2004, 02:23:15 PM »
Wow, alot of news has come in since I left for vacation.  Anyway, I was sorta bummed that they arent going to make a direct sequel to WW.  When I first saw the cel shaded graphics, I hated them.  Then I got to see it in motion, warmed up to it a bit.  After playing WW, I am glad they went that route.  This new direction looks very promising, and gorgeous.  Its good to see some of the enemies from WW make a return though, I loved the pigs in WW, and I am pretty sure I saw one in the video.  Sounds like a late 2005 release date is what were looking at.  I dont mind waiting if it means a Zelda game that trully tops OoT, hopefully they can do just that.
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline Smashman

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 23, 2004, 05:23:36 AM »
And people thought Nintendo were on the decline! Man...

I just hope this will surely make up for the disappointment of Wind Waker.  
I am the one and only Smashman. Don't believe me? Well, then. I shall entomb you!

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 23, 2004, 09:08:52 AM »
the disappointment is dew in part by your own expectations of the game cuase in reallity it was and is a great game and IMO I wouldnt consider it a disapointment.  It couldve been better with a few key changes but so can every other game made.

Offline Hybrid Hunter

• First title that's onrine
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 24, 2004, 04:05:12 AM »
Wind Waker wasn't a dissapointment, like Manny said its all about expectations.
My friend who didn't get a Gamecube until recently didn't know much about WW as he didn't keep up with Nintendo news because he didn't have one, so i lent him WW and now he absolutely loves the game. In fact, he still has my game! I gotta get it back from him.

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 24, 2004, 01:09:03 PM »
The expectations statement was right on.  We originally expected something totally differant.  I am glad that we got WW though, even those who are skeptical seem to love it if they give it the time of day.  If I am correct, WW has sold well over 1.5 million copies world wide.  Not to bad.  Granted, I think the new Zelda game will be more accepted by the masses, and will also be another stellar addition to the Zelda series.

Offline Smashman

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 24, 2004, 03:10:42 PM »
But I mean come on, the game SHOULD have been so much better. It would be foolish to compare this to Ocarina of Time.
I am the one and only Smashman. Don't believe me? Well, then. I shall entomb you!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #212 on: May 24, 2004, 06:07:41 PM »
Umm, if you didn't compare it to Ocarina, you can't tell if it was better or not.

Umm yeah.

Offline Smashman

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 26, 2004, 02:16:19 AM »
I didn't understand anything of what you just said... It wasn't as good as OoT, IMO, and you say you couldn't tell?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #214 on: May 26, 2004, 02:30:55 AM »
A-ha!

By [you] saying it wasn't as good as OoT, you, in effect, compared it to OoT, despite the fact you said earlier, "It would be foolish to compare this to Ocarina of Time."  Does that make you foolish?

I didn't say anything regarding myself; what I said was with regards to what you said.  It was never about what I thought, and it's clear I did not recently mention what I thought.

~~~~~

For the record, I don't think WW is as good as OoT, but I think it was still PRETTY DAMN GOOD.

Like comparing hamburgers from Carl's Jr...  I don't think the Western Bacon Cheeseburger truly stands up to the DOUBLE Western Bacon Cheeseburger, but the the Western Bacon is still PRETTY DAMN GOOD.

Offline Avinash_Tyagi

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2004, 09:15:14 AM »
Back when WW was first announced Miyamato was asked about why the cel shaded style was taken and whether there would be any future 3D style zelda's; his reply was that it seemed wrong to feature young link in a 3D style setting and that the cel-shaded style would best represent the world of young link.  He also stated that were he to create a game with an adult link he would have to rethink the style of animation.

So for those that think this graphics style is a cop out, sorry try again, Miyamato had already stated years ago that a 3D version of link might return.  

As for a future cel-shaded style, wait until the next zelda game featuring Link as a kid and see what graphics style is chosen

to finalize let me summarize in a way understandable by anyone (even Bush)

Adult: 3D
Child: Cel-shaded

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 26, 2004, 02:18:45 PM »
Avinash_Tyagi, your exactly right.  I remember reading that interview.  And it does make sence to me, the cel shaded graphics worked extremely well for a young Link adventure, and the 3d or more realistic visuals work very well for an adult Link adventure.

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2004, 02:28:17 PM »
I didn't really like OOT.  I liked WW.  That is all I care about.  Don't waste your time debating which game was better, figure it out for yourself and be happy.

Edit:  For completeness, I liked LttP, LoZ and AoL.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 26, 2004, 10:22:22 PM »
Avinash: Standard shading is also called Gouraud shading.

BTW, how many people noticed that Super Mario Sunshine was technically cel shaded?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #219 on: May 26, 2004, 11:33:43 PM »
I noticed.  Mario, Peach, Toadstools and the Piantas had some "hybrid" almost-but-not-quite-cel-shaded-and-not-quite-gouraud-shaded look.

Offline reviewgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 27, 2004, 06:34:52 PM »
i would gladly kill my family to play this game for just 5 mins

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 27, 2004, 06:51:33 PM »

Originally posted by: reviewgamer
i would gladly kill my family to play this game for just 5 mins

You sir, are one sic MO FO, I can understand the anticipation for the game, but to go as far as to say that... There's something seriously wrong with you.

What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 29, 2004, 12:44:12 AM »
Ummmm..........MysticGohan, have you heard of something called humor?

Offline WackerJr

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 29, 2004, 04:12:42 AM »

Originally posted by: AiAi

If he's English then probably not. He would however, have heard of something called humour!

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 29, 2004, 05:15:04 AM »

Originally posted by: AiAi

Only when it's actually funny AiAi, That wasn't it.
What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha