Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Heading to Wii  (Read 24444 times)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Heading to Wii
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2009, 05:00:56 PM »
Here's the thing that really bugs me.  The Wii's embarrasingly poor third party support is often blamed on the hardware gap between the Wii and the other consoles.  We get PS2/PSP ports and spin-offs because when the third party makes the game for the other consoles, the Wii can't handle a decent direct port so we get something else which is usually inferior.  Of course the question "why the hell aren't you guys making the game for the MARKET LEADER in the first place?" is always there, but "our game cannot be done on your Gamecube 1.5" is not the worst excuse in the world.

But this ain't some old ass PS2 game.  This is an Xbox 360/PS3 game.  They're actually attempting to take a popular game from the other consoles and put it on the Wii.  Out of context it's like "hey it's about time you guys gave that a try!"  But they just HAD to **** it up!  If they can port this PS360 game to the Wii then surely they can port the new game.  But they're not and there is no valid excuse for that.  It's just "let's **** over the Wii owners" yet again and the whole thing just feels like some weird personal vendetta against Nintendo and its fans.

Now who says the port of Call of Duty 4 is even going to be any good.  The "hardware is teh suxors" excuse may very well still apply.  But they're going to the effort to attempt a port and yet they're doing it for the old game and not the new one.  How can they expect ANY Wii fan with any pride or self-respect to buy this?  It is an outright insult.  Now I'm sure in the absense of, well, ANYTHING worth a **** there are Wii owners who will buy this if it turns out decent.  And that sucks because it just rewards what I see as outright ABUSE of the Wii userbase.

It's like everyone just wants to con us.  Don't anyone get on my ass for not supporting third parties on the Wii ever again.  They treat us like garbage and they started it.  So **** 'em.  They have not earned my support.  They'll earn my money when they treat me like a guest instead of a fucking mark.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2009, 05:14:50 PM »
I agree with Ian. If you can port the game now, then you could've ported it 2 years ago. All this "its not possible on Wii" is BS and they know it. The Wii hardware hasn't changed and you were doing similar games last gen on lesser hardware, so the 3rd "excuse makers" can keep right on making excuses when this doesn't live up to sales expectations.

It is still a very dirty trick to release the 2 year old port side by side with the new HD release and blanket it all under one HYPE machine.
It's very smart on Actiblizz's part but still a very very dirty trick.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2009, 06:02:05 PM »
If you don't care for this title you don't have to get.They aren't holding a gun to your head.
I personally am tired with this whole spiel about third party support.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2009, 06:18:54 PM »
But this is like being treated like the red-headed step child.

Mom just went out and bought everyone new outfits for the coming school year.
Everyone is trying on their new outfit... but you.
you say, "Mom, where are my new school outfits?"
mom says"Oh...., uhhh.... hmmmm... forgot to get you something.... here, take your brothers clothes from last year. He only wore them a few dozen times but they should still fit you"

Is that really how a Wii only owner deserves to be treated? Should we be grateful just to finally get even though the HD systems get the new shiny updated version? Are we really happy with hand-me downs that while they are new to us, are not all that new looking regardless of how much effort you put into making it look like it was.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2009, 06:20:37 PM »
No Maxi, Ian actually had a very good point about all this.  Wii owners get worse games because of all this 3rd party trolling and this situation is lose-lose for Wii owners.  If the game is a moderate success, Activision will be be all "Well they'll take down-ports and late ports of ANYTHING" and we'll get that crap in the future too.  If the game is a flop (Like I know and they probably know too) They'll act all indignant and complete the same self-fulfilling prophecy they ran on the GameCube years ago and lessen support while releasing more trolling press releases about Grandmas and duct tape.  I'm getting pretty fed up with it and if I were rich enough I'd buy a copy of Mario Kart Wii every time some sniveling third party tries to pass off a late port or some "casual" schlock on the Wii userbase.

Wii owners have suffered the crappy third party support for long enough.  They've endured the spinoffs, the PSP ports, the "casual" crap nobody bought yet everybody knew the Wii owners wanted, and all the empty promises in between.

The Wii has won.  They fell in line behind the PS2, now they should fall in behind something that's selling faster than it.  Is it so wrong to demand attention from them?

Edit:  To expand BnM's analogy, imagine if the stepchild has had All A's on his report card and his step-brothers got C's.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:23:56 PM by Deguello »
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2009, 06:28:21 PM »
"They aren't holding a gun to your head."

They're also not producing a desirable product.

One of the biggest 3rd Party Publishers in the world has limited resources and faith to make Wii games related to their biggest-name products, at all, and it turns out to be a waste of everyone's time and interest.  That's the sentiment being expressed.  (sounds familiar...)

If non-casual gamers can be thought of as being picky, non-casual Wii gamers are completely unforgiving (<< that's the niche audience Activision THINKS will buy their Bang-Bang War Gun products, not the grandmas and kids, right?).  Two strikes, you're out.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:34:24 PM by NinGurl69 *huggles »
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2009, 06:34:15 PM »
The only way I can see this *NOT* being a direct insult to Wii owners if it's sold at $30 or less.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:36:57 PM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2009, 06:37:39 PM »
Maybe I was a bit extreme with my post.

I meant that there is other things out in the market place for Wii owners to enjoy.  This isn't the be all end all game.

Besides there is such a thing as a Wii only owner.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2009, 06:39:56 PM »
It really has nothing to do with the game, Poe, it has more to do with what third parties think of Wii owners.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2009, 06:43:46 PM »
Activision should just give Wii games to Vicarious Visions. Look at the stuff they are doing on Guitar Hero 5. The problem is that Activision doesn't give a damn and usually gives the Wii version to one of Activision's stable of port houses.

at least capcom's not making it..

http://o.aolcdn.com/gd-media/games/dead-rising-chop-till-you-drop/wii/tn_565_1.jpg

For the record, the developer behind Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop was TOSE.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2009, 06:46:14 PM »
I PREDICT

Kashogi Y. Stogi will lose it, and wear fuzzy white pajamas topped with a gold crown as he goes about his business in the real world.

Activision will release Call of Delay: Modern Wiifare at the bargain price of $50 USD, citing full-featured single player campaign of old missions and a "full host" of multiplayer options, never before seen on Wii (...cuz they wouldn't make it, oh, 2 years ago).

~~~~~

Capcom released Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition 2 years after the original on GameCube, containing refined technical performance, wiimproved controls, and the extra content from other versions, all for a staggeringly expensive, recession-inducing price of $30 USD.

Good to see Activision is "keepin' it real" and delivering the sophisticated premium-priced luxury gaming product.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2009, 07:26:36 PM »
This way, when the game sells like crap, they can use the excuse that M-rated games don't sell on the Wii.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2009, 07:52:05 PM »
I meant that there is other things out in the market place for Wii owners to enjoy.

I disagree.  Since pretty much every third party treats the Wii like something they dug out from under their big toenail, Wii owners do not have much out in the market place to enjoy.  Third party options are slim pickings and Nintendo themselves doesn't provide enough first party content to make up for it.

It isn't like one third party dicking Wii owners around.  It's ALL of them.  So you can't just go "well then play something else" when the problem is so widespread.  There isn't something else to play.  For someone who considers this an important issue well over 90% of the Wii library is affected by this in some way.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2009, 08:00:42 PM »
I meant that there is other things out in the market place for Wii owners to enjoy.

I disagree.  Since pretty much every third party treats the Wii like something they dug out from under their big toenail, Wii owners do not have much out in the market place to enjoy.  Third party options are slim pickings and Nintendo themselves doesn't provide enough first party content to make up for it.

It isn't like one third party dicking Wii owners around.  It's ALL of them.  So you can't just go "well then play something else" when the problem is so widespread.  There isn't something else to play.  For someone who considers this an important issue well over 90% of the Wii library is affected by this in some way.

Guess what Ian not every 3rd party is against the Wii. Nice generalization there.

There are titles out there if you look instead of having a narrow view of games.
While we are on the topic about your game likes.What the hell do you like or do you just hate everything.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2009, 11:22:18 PM »
Third party options are slim pickings and Nintendo themselves doesn't provide enough first party content to make up for it.

This is true except the reason Nintendo doesn't provide enough games is because they just physically can't.  They release more games than anybody ever year and they still can't cover all the bases, which leaves it up to the third parties and, like Ian and I think, there's probably some kind of contest between third parties to see who can troll the Wii the hardest.  And this theory will continue to be believed until a few third parties make tangible moves that result in high-quality, high-profile games to the market leader's direction and not just more lip flap and empty promises.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2009, 01:55:36 AM »
I don't know that the stories of the COD games are continuous, or really in any way related.

From what I heard MW2 is a direct follow up to CoD4, starting pretty much the same moment the first game ends. I guess it is story driven, can't really imagine a reason for an FPS to be lauded this much otherwise.

Don't anyone get on my ass for not supporting third parties on the Wii ever again.

We're getting on your ass for not getting the GOOD games the Wii has and then complaining about a lack of games, noone's expecting you to buy the real stinkers.

The only way I can see this *NOT* being a direct insult to Wii owners if it's sold at $30 or less.

I agree but considering we're talking about Activision I'm expecting a 60$/€ price. Some third parties are so full of themselves they think they can price their lame spinoffs higher than Nintendo's blockbuster games and then act surprised as they get terminated with extreme prejudice.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2009, 02:02:10 AM »
I think $40 would be a fair balance. Would you think $50 would be OK if they included all of the DLC and it didn't have gimped features?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2009, 02:05:35 AM »
It's not sounding like there's going to be anyone from here for me to play online with. Oh well, fewer friend codes to enter.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2009, 02:18:09 AM »
I plan on getting it, Insanolord. I never played it on PC so as long as it isn't trash I'll get it on Wii since I prefer Wii IR > Mouse/Keyboard.
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2009, 02:26:56 AM »
Cool, we'll have to play. From what I hear about your Conduit skills I want you on my team in this, not against me.

My advice here is to not let all the politics of the situation factor into the decision when you're looking at a game. Don't buy a game to prove a point, or refrain from buying a game to prove a point. Buy games because you think you'll enjoy playing them, and don't let anything else matter.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2009, 03:31:46 AM »
I really hope and expect WiiSpeak support. In my opinion it is a standard now and is necessary for any FPS.
My Game Collection

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2009, 10:58:30 AM »
yeah, if there is any chance of playing online with friends I would get it.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2009, 11:57:10 AM »
Cool, we'll have to play. From what I hear about your Conduit skills I want you on my team in this, not against me.

My advice here is to not let all the politics of the situation factor into the decision when you're looking at a game. Don't buy a game to prove a point, or refrain from buying a game to prove a point. Buy games because you think you'll enjoy playing them, and don't let anything else matter.

This depends on how well the game controls (will I rely on gaming press to tell how it turns out, or forumers?  hmm), and the price.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2009, 12:21:55 PM »
Don't worry, the primary controls will be dual analog via the classic controller but if you don't have that you can aim with the d-pad on the Wiimote.