Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 622640 times)

Offline smallsharkbigbite

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
Re: New Wii Zelda
« Reply #225 on: November 21, 2009, 07:10:05 AM »
I guess I grew up with Zelda so I've always enjoyed the Zelda games.  To me I was Link and Zelda was my princess.  In my head I wrote the story and Link had my personality, and Zelda had the personality of my dream girl.  It was me growing in strength and completing those tasks.  Sometimes when a personality/story is so defined it's hard to get into because I don't see myself as that kind of hero or don't find the story believable. 

I don't think a good story is bad, I just think it goes back to the books vs. movie debate.  If I've read a book first I often dislike the movie.  You know, they picked who to be the star?  How can he act cocky like that?  She's the person he's going to save?  In my head I already played out the movie and I thought it was perfect, the movie is a remake that just isn't as good.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 21, 2009, 02:02:28 PM »
I guess I grew up with Zelda so I've always enjoyed the Zelda games.  To me I was Link and Zelda was my princess.  In my head I wrote the story and Link had my personality, and Zelda had the personality of my dream girl.  It was me growing in strength and completing those tasks.  Sometimes when a personality/story is so defined it's hard to get into because I don't see myself as that kind of hero or don't find the story believable. 

I don't think a good story is bad, I just think it goes back to the books vs. movie debate.  If I've read a book first I often dislike the movie.  You know, they picked who to be the star?  How can he act cocky like that?  She's the person he's going to save?  In my head I already played out the movie and I thought it was perfect, the movie is a remake that just isn't as good.

hm, i never thought of it that way and i have to agree with you. I was the same way. What kinda kills it in this day and age is the graphics can show much more detail compared to when we were playing the original LoZ games. Then it was easier to use your imagination because for the most part you had to, but now? It's all placed in front of you, even how characters are supposed to act, etc.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2009, 05:40:50 PM »
This guy Solitanze knows what he is talking about over at N-Europe!

"To prevent further decline in the series, Nintendo must have 97.4% average ratio with 70+ editorial reviews in mind (to drop by one to two places the most overrated game of all time in Grand Theft Auto IV). To achieve that feat, the following MUST be in the game:

- SD/High Definition Graphics with Blood - Hopefully Wii HD will be announced at E3 2010 with this game to be available for that system as well as regular Wii. Two retail releases; LOZ & LOZ HD;

- 100+ hours gameplay BARE MINIMUM first time through for the EXPERT/HARDCORE gamer (Excluding 30+ hours of available side quests);

- Virtually 1:1 control with Wii Motion Plus, not TACKED on, but rather an integral part of gameplay;

- Drastic change in setting/plot (i.e. possibly part of it being set far into the future) with an emotionally gripping story that places significant emphasis on the power of the enemy. There must be at least one key character that dies in the game to the shock of everyone;

- Harder difficulty (You fall off a cliff, you die, plain and simple, considerably more powerful enemies, some almost killing you with one swipe and rubies/hearts being a lot more scarce with necessity items being much more expensive. Bosses should take 20,30,40 hits to die, not 3 hit death pushovers);

- Huge array of inventory/items to collect, with some new ones to boot, some hidden, some can only be bought. But all items should have multiple and important uses, not be used for a dungeon and then be useless;

- Orchestrated Music (No Midi) with voice acting for EVERY character (perhaps excluding Link);

- Online multiplayer mode with modes such as head to head swordfighting (see who really is the best hero), Links Crossbow Training style shootout (points shooting gallery & deathmatch), horse racing on Epona(s) and more all with online leaderboards;

- A virtual console code included with the special edition of the game to be able to download every LOZ game released on there for free OR include another Zelda - Collectors Edition disc but with even more than what was on there last time;

If any of the above is missing, the game will be a failure both critically and commercially..."

What a dope. But I bet many of the gaming media would agree. This is why fans can't be in charge to make games.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #228 on: November 22, 2009, 05:43:35 PM »
Christ, that game would take 10 years to make.

**** that, I'll just play No More Heroes.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #229 on: November 22, 2009, 05:45:19 PM »
No More Zeldas, thanks.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 22, 2009, 05:50:01 PM »

"To prevent further decline in the series, Nintendo must have 97.4% average ratio with 70+ editorial reviews in mind (to drop by one to two places the most overrated game of all time in Grand Theft Auto IV). To achieve that feat, the following MUST be in the game:

- SD/High Definition Graphics with Blood - Hopefully Wii HD will be announced at E3 2010 with this game to be available for that system as well as regular Wii. Two retail releases; LOZ & LOZ HD;

- A virtual console code included with the special edition of the game to be able to download every LOZ game released on there for free OR include another Zelda - Collectors Edition disc but with even more than what was on there last time;

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

freaking asshole gamer

EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 22, 2009, 06:04:44 PM »
Goodness I would hate a Zelda that was like that!
Of course I'm nervous I'm going to hate the 'fundamental departure' as it is.  But I guess I'm not as burnt out on the 'old' Zelda style as so many people tend to be (apparently).

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 22, 2009, 06:42:32 PM »
how long have you been into the zelda series? if you've played the originals (on their original systems) then its hard NOT to be, but even I don't feel as tired of it as some people have expressed (no one around here, as far as i know).

you know what the internets like though, lotsa loud mouths with annoying opinions. they shout louder than anyone else so it seems like there are more people who are "sick" of zelda than there really are.

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 22, 2009, 06:50:05 PM »
I haven't played any Zelda before OOT, and I've never really played a handheld Zelda either.  So I already know I'm not as burnt out on the series as some people, it's just logical.  I have vague memories of watching my cousins play the older Zelda games, but all I really remember is them telling me 'don't touch'.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 22, 2009, 07:07:09 PM »
aww poor kid. those are some of the better games in the series!

definately check them out on the virtual console if you can, ESPECIALLY A Link to the Past.. best zelda ever! Or you can try out Links Awakening on the gameboy (Links Awakening DX on the GBC) for another great zelda, but i still think ALTTP is better.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 22, 2009, 07:20:00 PM »

- 100+ hours gameplay BARE MINIMUM first time through for the EXPERT/HARDCORE gamer (Excluding 30+ hours of available side quests);

- Virtually 1:1 control with Wii Motion Plus, not TACKED on, but rather an integral part of gameplay;

- Drastic change in setting/plot (i.e. possibly part of it being set far into the future) with an emotionally gripping story that places significant emphasis on the power of the enemy. There must be at least one key character that dies in the game to the shock of everyone;

- Harder difficulty (You fall off a cliff, you die, plain and simple, considerably more powerful enemies, some almost killing you with one swipe and rubies/hearts being a lot more scarce with necessity items being much more expensive. Bosses should take 20,30,40 hits to die, not 3 hit death pushovers);

- Huge array of inventory/items to collect, with some new ones to boot, some hidden, some can only be bought. But all items should have multiple and important uses, not be used for a dungeon and then be useless;

- Orchestrated Music (No Midi) with voice acting for EVERY character (perhaps excluding Link);

- Online multiplayer mode with modes such as head to head swordfighting (see who really is the best hero), Links Crossbow Training style shootout (points shooting gallery & deathmatch), horse racing on Epona(s) and more all with online leaderboards;

If any of the above is missing, the game will be a failure both critically and commercially..."

What a dope. But I bet many of the gaming media would agree. This is why fans can't be in charge to make games.

:reggie: :argh: :reggie: :argh: :reggie: :argh::reggie: :argh::reggie::argh::reggie::argh::reggie: :argh::reggie: :argh::reggie: :argh::reggie: :argh::reggie: :argh::reggie: :argh:
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 22, 2009, 07:22:15 PM »
now, i'm not sure why.. but i don't think zap likes that idea..

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 22, 2009, 08:35:23 PM »
It's like that dude has never played a Zelda game before.

If we're making wishlists, at the top of mine would be smarter, tougher enemies /bosses and a wider variety of them. Link learned a bunch of cool new moves in TP and you don't really need to use any of them, except on the Dark Nuts and there were like 4 in the whole game.

Then...

- a smarter story. Cutscenes no longer than 5 minutes, preferably less than 1. I like playing videogames.
- bring back the magic cape from A Link to the Past
- NO fetch quests. In fact, NO collecting stupid bugs and trinkets AT ALL.
- don't force players to catch fish in the tutorial. WTF was the point of that in Twlight Princess?

Otherwise, I trust Nintendo to make a coherent Zelda game. They've been doing it pretty consistently for some 20+ years. The enemy AI, nonexistant/predictable plot, lame tutorial, and the collectathons were basically the only major choices I wished they did differently. And I just like the magic cape so that's why that's in there.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 22, 2009, 08:54:28 PM »
It's like that dude has never played a Zelda game before.

If we're making wishlists, at the top of mine would be smarter, tougher enemies /bosses and a wider variety of them. Link learned a bunch of cool new moves in TP and you don't really need to use any of them, except on the Dark Nuts and there were like 4 in the whole game.

Then...

- a smarter story. Cutscenes no longer than 5 minutes, preferably less than 1. I like playing videogames.
- bring back the magic cape from A Link to the Past
- NO fetch quests. In fact, NO collecting stupid bugs and trinkets AT ALL.
- don't force players to catch fish in the tutorial. WTF was the point of that in Twlight Princess?

Otherwise, I trust Nintendo to make a coherent Zelda game. They've been doing it pretty consistently for some 20+ years. The enemy AI, nonexistant/predictable plot, lame tutorial, and the collectathons were basically the only major choices I wished they did differently. And I just like the magic cape so that's why that's in there.

actually those sweet moves Link learns in TP actually originated in the Capcom made Minish Cap via scrolls. I think TP maybe added one or two new moves, but it's been awhile since i played either game so i'm not positive.

also, the fishing in the tuturial came in handy later one when (and i dont think i have to spoil this but just in case..) when you have to find that scale or something... something with that prince of zoras. god its been so long since i played TP. point is, i forgot how i even got the fishing in the tutorial to work, so much so that by the time i got to th is part in the game i felt screwed and started a second save file just to get to that part of the tuturial again and see how the hel they wanted me to use the lame fishing pole.

and yes, link needs a cape. might as well bring back the magic canes too! if you dont like the canes, then how about some pegasus boots??

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #239 on: November 22, 2009, 11:35:18 PM »
Ugh, now people are turning Link into MARTH.

UGH

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: November 23, 2009, 12:36:14 AM »
Ugh, now people are turning Link into MARTH.

UGH
UGH in caps. Pro isn't pleased right now.

Someone get him a coffee.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 23, 2009, 01:06:11 AM »
I'm replaying Majora's Mask as we speak and one thing I've noticed is the multiple steps it takes to complete a temple. What I mean is, leading up to the temple there are so many things you have to do. These aren't sidequests, more like dominos you have to go through. It really feels like your adventuring since you have no clue what you'll need to do next. It's really wonderful how creative this game is.

Secondly, the enemies are hard as hell sometimes. I've found myself on the brink of death more than a couple times.

Thirdly, the sidequests are some of the best ever. The NPC - three day interaction is very clever. Aunoma basically said "here's 20 people. Find out how to get 20 masks"

So far, it's been a blast.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 23, 2009, 01:22:07 AM »
I never did get all the mask in that game.
I was close, but I don't think i got much more than 70%.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 23, 2009, 01:45:12 AM »
I'm replaying Majora's Mask as we speak and one thing I've noticed is the multiple steps it takes to complete a temple. What I mean is, leading up to the temple there are so many things you have to do. These aren't sidequests, more like dominos you have to go through. It really feels like your adventuring since you have no clue what you'll need to do next. It's really wonderful how creative this game is.

Secondly, the enemies are hard as hell sometimes. I've found myself on the brink of death more than a couple times.

Thirdly, the sidequests are some of the best ever. The NPC - three day interaction is very clever. Aunoma basically said "here's 20 people. Find out how to get 20 masks"

Koizumi was the one responsible for the NPC interaction. He also:

Made the entire Golden Realm mythos in Link To The Past.
The story in Link's Awakening.
The basic storyline and NPC development in Ocarina of time.
Ditto for Majora's Mask.
Ditto twice for Wind Waker, even if he didn't get enough time.

The Zelda franchises owes more to Koizumi then it does to Aunoma.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2009, 02:13:35 AM »
How come everybody calls NinGurl69 "Pro"?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #245 on: November 23, 2009, 02:15:46 AM »
How come everybody calls NinGurl69 "Pro"?
His user name used to be Professional 666. He changed it a few times.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 23, 2009, 03:37:26 AM »

Koizumi was the one responsible for the NPC interaction. He also:

Made the entire Golden Realm mythos in Link To The Past.
The story in Link's Awakening.
The basic storyline and NPC development in Ocarina of time.
Ditto for Majora's Mask.
Ditto twice for Wind Waker, even if he didn't get enough time.

The Zelda franchises owes more to Koizumi then it does to Aunoma.

Wow, he is responsible for my favorite Zelda classics...Link's Awakening, ALttP and Majora...he's my Zelda hero.

I never did get all the mask in that game.
I was close, but I don't think i got much more than 70%.

Don't you need them all to get the freaking-amazing-should-have-been-in-Brawl-as-Link's-Final-Smash Fierce Deity mask? I would suggest going back and getting them all just to experience that awesomisity of Fierce Deity Link.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 23, 2009, 04:40:50 AM »
he's my Zelda hero.

Don't you need them all to get the freaking-amazing-should-have-been-in-Brawl-as-Link's-Final-Smash Fierce Deity mask? I would suggest going back and getting them all just to experience that awesomisity of Fierce Deity Link.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 23, 2009, 05:21:02 PM »

Wow, he is responsible for my favorite Zelda classics...Link's Awakening, ALttP and Majora...he's my Zelda hero.

Hey now, he doesn't deserve that much credit for Awakening and ALttP.  Yeah he worked on the storyline for both of those games but he wasn't responsible for any of the gameplay.

If your going to praise Link's Awakening and Link to the Past, then Takashi Tezuka is the man you need to be praising.  Tezuka was the director of both of those games and resposible for the actual design and gameplay.  Not to mention Tezuka was a producer on both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.  It also turns out he was a producer on Wind Waker as well and a supervisor for Twilight Princess.

Tezuka is the most underrated person at Nintendo.  Mostly because all the games he worked on where with Miyamoto and as a result, most people give Miyamoto all the credit, even though Tezuka played just as big if not an even bigger role.  Now the Mario fans over the years have finally credited him which is nice, but the Zelda fanbase continues to ignore him.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:27:26 PM by Luigi Dude »
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 23, 2009, 06:01:13 PM »
mmm fierce deity link... mmm