Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 619264 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: New Wii Zelda
« Reply #275 on: November 28, 2009, 03:00:23 AM »
Just waggle to make the wings flap.

Wasn't that how the kid called the angels to help win the baseball game in the movie 'Angels In The Outfield'?

I sense a new casual waggle sports game for Wii!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 29, 2009, 01:33:22 AM »
And that kid who helped the Angels win the pennant? Cobra Commander.

Now you got some headgold!

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 29, 2009, 09:43:25 AM »
headgold is a euphemism for lice, isn't it?

that's disgusting

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 29, 2009, 01:19:42 PM »
Zelda rioters are lice in their own twisted way.

=D
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 29, 2009, 02:35:11 PM »
Curse you all once again for discussing flight possibilites in a joking manner, as well as not discussing my(confirmed by me) voice acting theory!

You read it here first! Voice acting as well as flight, the clues all fit!

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 29, 2009, 05:31:20 PM »
Curse you all once again for discussing flight possibilites in a joking manner, as well as not discussing my(confirmed by me) voice acting theory!

You read it here first! Voice acting as well as flight, the clues all fit!

you know, i think we should hear cater' out, it all makes sense!

the next zelda is gonna have a flying companion for link, and boy is it a talkative one! Link will use his new campanion to introduce flight to the tired old zelda mechanic, as well as extensive* voice acting, a first for the series!

*only links new companion will end up talking, it'll be known as the King of Red Flions
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 29, 2009, 06:52:24 PM »
Hooray, more new elements for Zeltards to rant about!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 29, 2009, 06:56:29 PM »
huzzah!

HUZZAH!
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 29, 2009, 07:47:46 PM »
Hooray for exploring the sky! Where there's even fewer things to see than on the ocean!
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 29, 2009, 08:07:08 PM »
There's only one thing wrong with flying and that's the unparalleled access to areas.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 29, 2009, 08:24:02 PM »
Hooray for exploring the sky! Where there's even fewer things to see than on the ocean!

Quote from: Kashogi Y. Stogi
There's only one thing wrong with flying and that's the unparalleled access to areas.

Don't forget Skies of Arcadia. That took place in the sky and there was plenty to see and do and also creative ways to restrict travel.

I would guess that Nintendo would more likely give Link a flying vessel over the physical ability to fly.

Though if they did give link flight and wings you could make it be a power that gets progressively stronger over the course of the game.

It starts out like the leaf in Wind Waker where you can only glide and you have to use wind vortexes to gain altitude. Then when you can gain altitude yourself you have a limited stamina/magic bar. Perhaps it could be similar to the Greek Icarus story where you have to collect feathers and wax to create your wings and to fly again you need to gather more. If they did give link wax/feather wings you could make heat a challenge/obstacle because heat would melt his wings.

There are a number of ways to restrict flight movement.

I think it would be more fitting to the series to give him a flying ship instead. It could make the perfect jump for the next DS Zelda. First a boat like Wind Waker, then a train (wtf?...) then an airship. It could start with a young Link tying balloons to a crate to fly but he gets better parts/ships down the road. Hot air balloons are a reasonable possibility. I know one of the newer Mummy movies had a zeppelin-like ship that used a rocket or something for propulsion.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 08:26:13 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 29, 2009, 08:32:07 PM »
No. The overworld should be compressed and warping should be instantaneous, minimizing transportation times.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 29, 2009, 08:38:43 PM »
It's a Zelda game. I really doubt they will shrink the overworld like that. Maybe add some warps, but wandering around the overwolrd and exploring is half the fun in a Zelda game. One of my favorite moments is when they first let you run free in the overworld and you see how far and lost you can get before you start doing what you are supposed to do. I like finding stuff that usually doesn't get uncovered until later.
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 30, 2009, 04:39:43 PM »
thats a good post Kashogi. right now I'm working on my portfolio, and its tough. I'v been working on all sorts of things for a year. Drawings, novels, movie scripts, game ideas. I am like the super ADD and its hard to have any sort of focus. Recently I started playing through Zelda again and it got me thinking. Where did it all start?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #289 on: December 01, 2009, 04:20:37 PM »
I love Zelda as well as games with unrestricted flight, so this news has indeed sent my mind reeling. What's most exciting is the potential for exploring a new overworld in three full dimensions. I love games that provide big worlds with lots of little nooks containing secrets that are actually worth finding. Zelda games have become increasingly poor at giving us interesting places to discover and interesting rewards for those efforts. The great thing about flying is that it may allow the overworld to be built upwards, with hidden caves and coves at various levels. This has been done with limited success in games like Final Fantasy 7-9 and Dragon Quest 8 (my favorite to explore), but I think the Zelda designers can take 3D world exploration to a new level if they make it a priority.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 02, 2009, 11:00:46 AM »
Not if they have to listen to their whiny Zelda fanbase.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 02, 2009, 12:22:46 PM »
which hopefully they learned their lesson last time and WONT

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 02, 2009, 01:31:23 PM »
The handheld Zeldas haven't really suffered that setback since the handheld crowds are less demanding. Toilet Princess, on the other hand, suffered because Nintendo wanted to please the whiny Zeltards.

Face it, Nintendo can never please them no matter how brilliant they make something. On the other hand, Mario Galaxy hasn't received that much whining.

Offline mac<censored>

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 02, 2009, 05:00:15 PM »
Of course, twilight princess was one of the best zeldas ever, so it's hardly like it makes much difference...

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 02, 2009, 08:10:42 PM »
Of course, twilight princess was one of the best zeldas ever, so it's hardly like it makes much difference...
It was also predictable, and also was OoT 2.0 with more shades of REALISM.

You have the Zeltards to thank for that.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 02, 2009, 08:20:31 PM »
Thank you, Zeltards.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline mac<censored>

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 02, 2009, 08:31:37 PM »
It was also predictable, and also was OoT 2.0 with more shades of REALISM.
On the contrary, I thought TP was a far better game than OoT or WW.  Not for the presentation (though of course that was a huge improvement over OoT), but for the tone and to some degree characterization -- Midna and the twilight realm (or whatever it was called, I forget) were fascinating and compelling, and really made the game (Midna is one of the best game characters I've seen in ages, in any game).  The dual wolf/link thing was very cool too, and made the game more interesting. The non-twilight parts were well designed and a lot of fun, but of course pretty traditional.

At the time early in the game when you're clambering across the castle roof in twilight, I just went "wow!", because it seemed so cool, and so unlike any experience I'd had in a zelda game before.

[Note that I liked the WW "look" a lot, and some of the plot elements (the whole concept of "the old hyrule lying under the sea, waiting..."), but as a game, WW was kinda meh, and overall seemed just as by-the-numbers as other zeldas.]

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 02, 2009, 09:34:43 PM »
But Wind Waker is the best Zelda after Link's Awakening.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 02, 2009, 10:37:40 PM »
its really hard to say what the best zelda game is, it really depends on which order you play the games in, and your tastes.

I played OOT first, but never could quite get into a Link to the Past. I loved TP, but there was some combat stuff I liked about Wind Waker that didn't return for TP. I really missed using the minions weapons. The biggest complaint about TP is obviously how much its based on OOT(which itself is like a 3d version of lttp)
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline mac<censored>

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 02, 2009, 10:53:37 PM »
its really hard to say what the best zelda game is, it really depends on which order you play the games in, and your tastes.

Sure.  Anyway, the point is basically that although there certainly was too much silly whining about WW's look, and no doubt TP's look was partially in reaction to that, the conclusion Peachylala seems to be pushing, that TP is thus an inferior game, is absurd.  TP stands on its own quite well, and is in many ways arguably a better game than WW.