Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 622567 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Re: New Wii Zelda
« Reply #200 on: November 18, 2009, 05:23:44 PM »
He was talking about voicing a new mario game, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 18, 2009, 05:27:30 PM »
Found this on several sites, a few days ago.
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=104332

“I spoke to Mr. Miyamoto and said: “I wanna be Link, I wanna be Link”, and Miyamoto told me that Link isn’t going to have a voice; he is going to stay the way he is. Of course Mr. Miyamoto is always right! The way it works right now is the way it is supposed to be. It’s the genius of Miyamoto and he knows just the right formula for making his games more fun and more exciting. For example in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, If things slowed down for Mario to express his inner feelings it just wouldn’t work and this way it keeps our hearts pounding with enthusiasm.” - Charles Martinet

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 18, 2009, 06:08:26 PM »
Oh, I've never seen that.
so i stand corrected.

edit: and its from a few days ago too....

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #203 on: November 18, 2009, 06:10:54 PM »
Zelda is such a boring princess.  Let the next game be FILLED with hawt Dark Elves (female).
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 18, 2009, 06:25:51 PM »
Zelda is such a boring princess.  Let the next game be FILLED with hawt Dark Elves (female).

I'd take Midna over dark elves. Midna has a lot of personality compared to Zelda and other LoZ characters.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #205 on: November 18, 2009, 06:34:32 PM »
She's only one character.  You peedo.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 18, 2009, 06:46:25 PM »
One character with depth and personality is better than a hundred without and overall I feel Zelda lacks in the depth and personality department.
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 18, 2009, 07:05:52 PM »
i wish there was a game about Ganon, taking place in his younger years during the war that sent link to the forest as a baby in ocarina of time
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 19, 2009, 12:04:48 AM »

I'd take Midna over dark elves. Midna has a lot of personality compared to Zelda and other LoZ characters.
The 2nd half of the game made her semi-lame.

The entire side-cast of Majora's Mask had ten times more personality then her.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 19, 2009, 12:50:25 AM »
m0ar midna!

Offline mac<censored>

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 19, 2009, 12:52:19 AM »
i mean, pre-change midna, of course... (i never got to the end of that game, so never saw the "change" happen)

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 19, 2009, 01:19:23 AM »
Curse you all and your inability to talk about my voice work theory!

RomanceDawn

Offline mac<censored>

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 19, 2009, 01:20:55 AM »
Curse you all and your inability to talk about my voice work theory!

As long as midna's onscreen, Link could be yodeling broadway tunes and I probably wouldn't notice...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 19, 2009, 02:57:59 AM »

The 2nd half of the game made her semi-lame.

The entire side-cast of Majora's Mask had ten times more personality then her.

I'll agree with that. I was more generalizing with the Midna > rest of cast comment. Majora's Mask's cast outshines pretty much any other characters from any Zelda game. Link himself has no personality.
My Game Collection

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #214 on: November 19, 2009, 05:34:02 AM »
"Link himself has no personality"

Just like the player!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 19, 2009, 08:49:51 PM »
"Link himself has no personality"

Just like the player!

:D

figured i'd post this in here too for further discussion:

they should just have Link get shipwrecked on another island (a real one) thats not too massive in size, but not too small either.

the whole thing should be like one big ass dungeon where you get to explore the entire island (which has no central town/village, but does have NPC's scattered across out in the open or in remote locales), using the weapons you acquire to traverse the terrain. You can have the traditional dungeon themes but mix them up a bit; work them not only into the environment (the island around you) but the other dungeons themselves;

do a side-quest favor for an islander that results in a dam being built in the nearby river, opening up a portion of an underground dungeon. You don't have the right equipment yet so you move on to another dungeon. something occurs which breaks the damn, but that dungeon isn't blocked off, its still accessable from another part of the island, however its now become flooded (creating new puzzles), etc.

Basically this new zelda should bring back the awesome challenging puzzles of old, as introduce some more metroid-like exploration. to be honest, i'm surprised it hasn't happened before.

ps the island setting is just an excuse to get link to take his shirt off again, yum!

3D Zelda that's more challenging with Motion+ swordfighting but with the structure of and an overworld set up like Metroid? Where can I pre-order?

Motion+... almost forgot about that!

another crazy idea for my Survivor Man: Legend of Zelda;

all that 1st person zelda talk can come to fruition in motion+ based puzzles or activities where you control links hands to traverse or otherwise manipulate the terrain, even if its slightly mini game-ish. picture having to scale a cliff with modified (WW styled) hook-shot...

Use the wiimotes IR pointer to (in 1st person mode of course) launch the hookshot to an appropriate part of the cliff, where you automatically pull yourself off part of the way, but then have to use motion+ to move links hand to grab a hold, and the nunchuck to pull himself up with his left hand..?

« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 08:58:10 PM by EasyCure »
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 20, 2009, 03:28:03 AM »
I always wanted to see a sequel to Link's Awakening where he returned to the island in 3D years later.
My Game Collection

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 20, 2009, 10:16:16 AM »
Let's just do a Zelda/Metroid mash up.
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 20, 2009, 03:24:58 PM »
I like how in Metroid there is no clearly defined dungeons.  You explore and at certain points you encounter new abilities that open up more of the world or bosses.  Metroid, more than any other game, feels like one connected world.  Having that sort of thing in Zelda would be really cool.

But one thing that Metroid doesn't really have is safe areas.  It's kind of like the whole world is one big dungeon.  There are no villages or NPCs or areas that you can just relax.  You're constantly on your toes.  Now some people like that and I like that in Metroid games.  But in Zelda you're not always on your toes and I like that.  I feel very tense when in a dungeon but feel relieved and relaxed when I go back to the main world.  To me that's part of Zelda.  If I want the "always on the edge of my seat" feeling I have Metroid.

Majora's Mask kind of has this.  There are areas that are clearly dangerous and ones that aren't and even though there are dungeons there are many areas that are kind of like dungeons but technically aren't.  I think that's more what I would be interested in.  Don't make dungeons so distinct from everything else but at the same time don't make it all one big dungeon.

How cool would it be if instead of "you must go to the 8 temples to find the 8 magic jewels to save the world" you got "you must find the 8 magic jewels to save the world.  Go find them."  Maybe one is in an old temple, maybe one is at the bottom of the lake, maybe one is in a cave somewhere.  Explore the world and find these jewels!

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 20, 2009, 04:51:40 PM »
Those things are different. But even if the dungeouns weren't clearly set apart from everything else, I still don't see how that is different enough to move the series along. Do this with some kind of co-op where the other player feels important, unlike Tingle or the Extra Star Shooter in Galaxy I think would do some good.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 20, 2009, 06:06:38 PM »
Those things are different. But even if the dungeouns weren't clearly set apart from everything else, I still don't see how that is different enough to move the series along.

Well how different do you want or need Zelda to be?  I really just don't want to feel like I'm doing the exact same thing I did before.  So far Twilight Princess is the only game to truly give me that feeling.

I want things to feel fresh and new, but it's also got to feel like Zelda.  It's a fine line.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 20, 2009, 06:10:50 PM »
TP is the only one to make you feel that way? What about Link's Awakening or Majora's Mask? What standard are you appealing to?
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 21, 2009, 02:12:16 AM »

that summed up my post nicely, thanks.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 21, 2009, 06:02:31 AM »

that summed up my post nicely, thanks.

Super Legend of Zeldriod: The Ocarina of Prime?
My Game Collection

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #224 on: November 21, 2009, 06:24:38 AM »