Author Topic: Metroid Other M  (Read 426428 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Metroid Other M
« Reply #650 on: May 02, 2010, 03:11:06 PM »
It should be Metroid: Zero Mission (Game Boy Advance) / Metroid (NES). They are the same game (Zero Mission is just a remake, but it adds a little bit at the end of the game after you beat Mother Brain).

That wasn't a Mother Brain in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, it was a Aurora Unit (which looks similar to Mother Brain's. Mother Brain was created by the Chozo before turning on them to join the Space Pirates, Aurora Units were created by the Federation).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 02, 2010, 05:16:10 PM »
So an Aurora Unit is like a synthetic Mother Brain?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #652 on: May 02, 2010, 06:03:42 PM »
From what i've been able to find, it's possible. The official manga indicates that the Federation may also have had a hand in creating Mother Brain, and both the Mother Brain and Aurora Units are able to access both the Chozo and Federation databases. Anything else seems to be speculation.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #653 on: May 03, 2010, 12:34:54 AM »
Now that's out of the way, let's fix the Zelda timeline.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 03, 2010, 12:46:12 AM »
Reading the preview Nintendo Power I have to say, the switching between missle mode and sideways 2D controller sounds a little iffy. I think this will be a game that teh hardcorez gaming press will love and the Ninty faithful will rank low.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 03, 2010, 12:45:06 PM »
I think this will be a game that teh hardcorez gaming press will love and the Ninty faithful will rank low.
The gaming media, remember, is too easily impressed by games that don't deserve high review scores.

That is why Infernal Monkey's reviews, along with NWR's, is the only trustworthy reviews you can depend on.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 03, 2010, 02:14:48 PM »
I remember they all loved Dead Space Extraction too.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 03, 2010, 04:57:43 PM »
I don't like it so that means anybody that disagrees with me is wrong

Cool story bro. While you're at it, why don't you tell us all about how Ocarina of Time is the greatest game of all time?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 03, 2010, 05:09:07 PM »
Metroid Other M will be the best Metroid game since Metroid Prime, which wasn't as good as Super Metroid, which isn't as good as Metroid Other M.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:10:27 PM by Mop it up »

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 03, 2010, 05:54:08 PM »
Metroud Other M will be the best Metroid game since Metroid Prime, which wasn't as good as Super Metroid, which isn't as good as Metroid Other M.

I like your enthusiasm! At least I hope it was pro Other M. I have zero worries about this game. I know it is going to satisfy to the max!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: May 03, 2010, 10:31:18 PM »
Crack will be the best drug since Cheesin', which wasn't as good as Meth, which isn't as good as Weed.

I like your enthusiasm! At least I hope it was pro Crack. I have zero worries about this batch. I know it is going to satisfy to the max!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 03, 2010, 11:26:34 PM »
I don't like it so that means anybody that disagrees with me is wrong

Cool story bro. While you're at it, why don't you tell us all about how Ocarina of Time is the greatest game of all time?
It doesn't mean I hate the games. I liked Bayonetta, but her game isn't THAT great. The other two are fair game.

Serious internet business is serious folks.

Metroud Other M will be the best Metroid game since Metroid Prime, which wasn't as good as Super Metroid, which isn't as good as Metroid Other M.
As long as Retro is developing it!
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 04, 2010, 03:08:53 AM »
That wasn't a Mother Brain in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, it was a Aurora Unit (which looks similar to Mother Brain's. Mother Brain was created by the Chozo before turning on them to join the Space Pirates, Aurora Units were created by the Federation).

Interesting, I figured the mother brains were common mainframe systems deployed by the space pirates (after all they were able to get another one after their first got destroyed in Metroid 1) using technology similar to the aurora units.

Offline ok0512

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 04, 2010, 03:20:41 AM »
That was the best trailer I've ever seen.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:24:26 PM by ok0512 »
Pontiac  Parts - Discount  Parts - Free Shipping.Shop for Pontiac Sunbird Parts from Car Parts Warehouse at wholesale price online. Visit Car Parts Warehouse to buy Pontiac quality replacement car parts

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 04, 2010, 03:57:48 AM »
What trailer?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #665 on: May 04, 2010, 04:03:06 AM »
The Human Centipede
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #666 on: May 04, 2010, 08:01:37 AM »

Interesting, I figured the mother brains were common mainframe systems deployed by the space pirates (after all they were able to get another one after their first got destroyed in Metroid 1) using technology similar to the aurora units.

We can only speculate since this has not been explained, but maybe the Mother Brain gave the information on itself to the Space Pirates before Samus destroyed it? This would allow the pirates to build a new one.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 08, 2010, 02:00:38 AM »
Its all in japanese but trust me you want to see it!

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14354733/metroid-other-m/videos/metroid_spc_070710_2.html

Hopefully this is the start of many behind the scenes specials.

Has no one looked at this video? It's awesome! Our japanese speaking friends can enlighten us.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 02:59:39 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 13, 2010, 06:59:19 PM »
Here is ANOTHER new video that you guys wont look at!

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=14182

I can't wait until this game comes out and blows everyone's apples off.

RomanceDawn

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 13, 2010, 10:58:03 PM »
I've already pre-ordered this game. I don't care to know any more about it, because I have essentially bought it.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 13, 2010, 11:07:09 PM »
Dammit, the more I see of this game, the *less* impressed I am. I just can't believe you can't use the analog stick to control Samus, it's so unnatural to use the D-Pad in a 3D environment.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 14, 2010, 11:49:25 AM »
I just hope there's not yet another Dark Samus clone (of any kind) anywhere in the game.   It is sort of strange to see Samus walking around in sterile-looking, livable environments (e.g. the bathrooms in Caterkiller's second video link.)  I wonder if the entire game takes place on board the derelict ship?   I had heard speculation that some of the outside areas featured might just be some sort of hologram projector.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #672 on: July 14, 2010, 12:03:46 PM »
Think more like Metroid Fusion.  Different themed areas within the ship.  I believe that's what I've read on how the game plays out.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 14, 2010, 12:17:47 PM »
The graphics have improved allot since we first saw it thank god. I am loving the look of it so far, and nice to see Samus get hit now, seemed like it was impossible to take damage in all the other videos.

RomanceDawn

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #674 on: July 14, 2010, 12:21:21 PM »
Does it look like she bounces back a tad bit like previous 2D Metroid games when she gets hit?  I haven't had a chance to view this video yet since I'm at work right now... :P
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!