Author Topic: Official SSBB SmashDate Discussion  (Read 470162 times)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Official Smash Bros. Dojo Update Discussion
« Reply #1050 on: September 24, 2007, 04:41:27 AM »

Originally posted by: Strell
Supposedly from the new Famitsu:

I did a search for "famitsu KATSUYA EGUCHI" and I can't find any reference to that interview.

Furthermore, while Eguchi would believably be asked to deliver content for the stage, him "working" on it is a bit harder to swallow, considering that he should be working on the new AC game right now.

I also doubt he'd spill this instead of the SSBB site doing so.

Oh and...

And yes, trees will be decorated on Christmas!

Animal Crossing has never once referred to Christmas as such, nor has it ever actually acknowledged the DAY of Christmas because Toy Day replaces Christmas as a universal holiday on Dec. 24th.

In fact, some trees will be decorated BEFORE Christmas but their lights will only flash on new years eve and day.

Then, there's also the fact that the AC humans appear in the background...  
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Mikintosh

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE: Official Smash Bros. Dojo Update Discussion
« Reply #1051 on: September 24, 2007, 05:07:45 AM »
I don't find it unbelievable; I wouldn't think designing the stage would've taken him an agregious amount of time, considering it's patterned directly off of two games he's done already.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 24, 2007, 05:39:34 AM »
"Animal Crossing has never once referred to Christmas as such, nor has it ever actually acknowledged the DAY of Christmas because Toy Day replaces Christmas as a universal holiday on Dec. 24th."

Not that I have complete faith in this rumour, but Toy Day doesn't exist in real life, which is what the game would be going by with the system calendar, after-all... =)

"I also doubt he'd spill this instead of the SSBB site doing so."

Tell that to Aonuma...

"Then, there's also the fact that the AC humans appear in the background..."

Can have multiple players in one town... =)  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: September 24, 2007, 05:48:03 AM »
There's still the fact that I can't find this interview anywhere else on the internet, and considering that, if it's to be believed, it confirms a character in SSBB, I'd think a lot of major news sites would've picked it up by now.

In fact, do a search on google for "KATSUYA EGUCHI: Yes, and there is quite a funny story to it." As of right now, I can't find it anywhere. Unless this JUST came out, then it should have found its way across the internet by now.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #1054 on: September 24, 2007, 05:50:00 AM »
How many stages in the history of smash bros haven't had a character associated with them?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: September 24, 2007, 05:56:53 AM »

Originally posted by: Pale
How many stages in the history of smash bros haven't had a character associated with them?

I believe the stage will have a character, I just don't believe it'll be the human. I could be wrong about the human character, but I still think this interview is BS.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 24, 2007, 05:58:06 AM »
"There's still the fact that I can't find this interview anywhere else on the internet, and considering that, if it's to be believed, it confirms a character in SSBB, I'd think a lot of major news sites would've picked it up by now."

The rumour is that it's a leak from Famitsu, which isn't even out yet...So it'd make sense for no one to know about it yet, if it does in fact exist...

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 24, 2007, 06:02:46 AM »
I guess all that's left is to wait and see if it propagates or not.

Or if the AC human is revealed as a fighter.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #1058 on: September 24, 2007, 06:06:01 AM »
It would be infinitely cool if the AC human was based off your Mii and they announced it at the same time as announcing the same feature in the Animal Crossing Wii game.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 24, 2007, 06:22:40 AM »
Someone on another board had the idea of the villagers in your town from AC Wii being the actual villagers in the background.

Though, the fact that they call it "Smashville" suggests that it'll be its own town and not the one in your AC game.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #1060 on: September 24, 2007, 07:05:38 AM »

Originally posted by: Pale
It would be infinitely cool if the AC human was based off your Mii and they announced it at the same time as announcing the same feature in the Animal Crossing Wii game.

Give Bill credit for that one. He's been saying that the Mii character can also represent the AC franchise. Also, I remember a while back an interview that said that AC Wii would be using the Miis. It simply makes sense.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 24, 2007, 07:10:59 AM »
I doubt that will happen because we've already seen the "standard" AC human in the stage.

It would be a bizarre contrast to have AC human bodies with Mii heads fighting in the foreground but the classic AC human in the background.

I too expect the new AC to use Miis, but I think this stage is more a celebration of the older AC games.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #1062 on: September 24, 2007, 07:15:39 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
I doubt that will happen because we've already seen the "standard" AC human in the stage.

It would be a bizarre contrast to have AC human bodies with Mii heads fighting in the foreground but the classic AC human in the background.

I too expect the new AC to use Miis, but I think this stage is more a celebration of the older AC games.

Either way, the Mii character is more than a shoe in to appear in Brawl.

Speaking of which, when they do a Mii trophy will they use a generic Mii to represent the whole concept or will they step it up a notch and have the trophy feature your own Mii?
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 24, 2007, 07:32:49 AM »

Coming from my CAG post:

Wow. No one has commented yet that all the screenshots show Gamecube buttons?

Green A, red B, yellow C stick, bean buttons...

actually i did on the page before you made that post, it just got lost int he shuffle.

really though, its not much to talk about, i was just pointing it out. They just really like using the gc controllers i guess
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 24, 2007, 07:44:41 AM »

Originally posted by: pap64
Speaking of which, when they do a Mii trophy will they use a generic Mii to represent the whole concept or will they step it up a notch and have the trophy feature your own Mii?

The problem with this is how do they know who "your" Mii is?

I believe you choose Mii faces for SSBB to go with your name so I can see how they'd use that in game if there is a Mii character, but how they'd do it for trophies is an odd question. I bet they'd just have some generic Miis.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: September 24, 2007, 07:54:16 AM »
why would they use generic mii's when they can use Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie??
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: September 24, 2007, 07:59:11 AM »

Originally posted by: EasyCure

actually i did on the page before you made that post, it just got lost int he shuffle.

really though, its not much to talk about, i was just pointing it out. They just really like using the gc controllers i guess

Really?  Crap.  I scanned all the previous posts but I was doing it really quickly, as I am at work and try to be quick and stealthy in my postings.

Also they can't use a Reggie Mii, because he would win so hard the Wii would turn black, catch on fire, break, and then offer itself up to the greatness of all holy Reggie.

Also, Reggie flies like Powdered Toast Man.  But harder.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: September 24, 2007, 08:10:49 AM »

I believe you choose Mii faces for SSBB to go with your name so I can see how they'd use that in game if there is a Mii character, but how they'd do it for trophies is an odd question. I bet they'd just have some generic Miis.

I'm totally on the "Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie Mii" bandwagon...Throw Sakurai in there too!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: September 24, 2007, 08:24:03 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion

I'm totally on the "Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie Mii" bandwagon...Throw Sakurai in there too!

of course! how could i forget Sakurai, stupid stupid stupid.

i picture them in a "kirby hat" type pose where their all in some sort of action stance. that would be hilarious

oh and @ strell = post of the month! you've got my nomination. what makes it even funnier is that when i read your post and see that avatar, in my head you sound like that guy from the commercial

Offline Dryden

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: September 24, 2007, 09:48:20 AM »
Haven't been to the forums in a while... it's been busy!
I've given more thought to Mii characters as playable fighters - I can't imagine that they wouldn't be unlocked from the start.  Unlocking Miis means unlocking the menu to set up Miis to nametags, etc.  To hide that menu at first and make it come up later seems counterintuitive.

I'm loving the daily updates though, and today was no exception - I'm really happy that stickers are not replacing the awesomeness of hundreds of trophies.  But what I'm really blown away by is the sheer depth of the game.  Ten extra characters added to the roster including the three pokemon, (that we know of), stickers, trophies, more music, new stages, a full-fledged one player mode, online modes, and more still being announced...

It's going to be just like Melee - a top seller and system seller for the next five years.
Brawl FC: TONX, 2964 - 8248 - 7611  -  PM if you add me.  Calgary, AB!

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #1070 on: September 24, 2007, 09:54:35 AM »

Originally posted by: pap64

The problem with this is how do they know who "your" Mii is?

First of all, I already mentioned that in order to play as your Mii you assign a Mii to your profile.

Second, I said explain the CONCEPT, not the character itself.

Like for example...

Mii
Mii is perhaps the most personalized Nintendo character ever! It is an universal game avatar which has reached worldwide sensation thanks to its simple yet very charismatic and fun appeal. The Mii also rivals Mario when it comes to being a Jack of all trades character. Whether it be playing sports, being fit or just having fun the Mii can do it all!

Wii - Wii Sports (2006)

Like that...
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: September 24, 2007, 08:06:46 PM »
Aw, Diddy's Final Smash doesn't involve music...His taunt better be boombox-related...

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: September 24, 2007, 08:12:28 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
Aw, Diddy's Final Smash doesn't involve music...His taunt better be boombox-related...

Since Mashiro has mysteriously vanished, let me take his spot

OMG this final Smash is so cool, this game will be the best game in the universe, I mean Diddy Kong has guns!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: September 25, 2007, 04:44:18 AM »
I'm glad I stopped staying up for updates.

So far, the only updates I'm glad I stayed up until 3AM for (EST) were the Pokemans Trainer and Smashville. Everything else really wasn't worth losing any sleep over, although Pit's story intro was pretty damn cool.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #1074 on: September 25, 2007, 05:12:24 AM »
I don't know how all of you guys stay up every night just to check these out.  Don't you work or go to school? =P
---------------------