Author Topic: Grindhouse  (Read 25582 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Grindhouse
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2009, 02:40:57 PM »
"Let's get a taco."

I disagree.

"Ah ****! I just shot Marvin in the face!"

I disagree ;)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2009, 08:07:20 PM »
that was one of the jokes about the movie, in interviews he was talking about how it was funny when villains don;t go out on top form. I agree. Nice use of thrice Kashogi
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2009, 06:14:36 AM »
that was one of the jokes about the movie, in interviews he was talking about how it was funny when villains don;t go out on top form. I agree. Nice use of thrice Kashogi

Oh I know it was a joke, didn't need an interview to tell me, but just because i got it doesn't mean i have to like it. The only good part about it was that it ended :)
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2009, 08:01:23 PM »
Yet you wanted to conclude PT....
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2009, 08:06:36 PM »
reported to mods..

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2009, 08:57:00 PM »
I thought you knew....

The mods got my back.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2009, 12:17:45 PM »
i don't question the sexuality of any posters here :)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2009, 05:53:40 PM »
Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs?

Watched both. Pulp Fiction is "meh", and Reservoir Dogs is "ok".

However I am a bit excited for Quentin's new movie, Inglourious Basterds. Although I'm a bit apprehensive with this movie because I was just as excited for Death Proof, and look where that took me.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 04:59:02 PM by Caliban »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2009, 02:21:53 AM »
Caliban, I'm betting its going to not be your type of movie. I'm expecting a lot of Talk inter cut with ridiculous violence in a WWII setting. After seeing the trailer, i'm not even sure if I'm fully on board.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2009, 05:04:29 PM »
Yeah that's why I said I was a bit apprehensive because I'm aware of the high possibility of the presence of long dialogue scenes.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
MACHETE!!
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2009, 12:40:11 AM »
MACHETE!!

Do I need to say more!?

... I do? oh... ok

Robert Rodriguez and Ethan Maniquis are teaming up to begin filming Machete on July 29th. They are co-directors.

-DANNY TREJO is returning (obviously) as "Machete", the madman bent on revenge.
-MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ ("Lost", Fast & Furious, Avatar) is said to be playing "Luz".
-JONAH HILL, the comedian who has starred in such films as Superbad and the forthcoming Adam Sandler comedy Funny People, will play "Julio".
-Lastly, a legend of our time, ROBERT DE NIRO, will take on the role of "Senator McLaughlin".

Machete (Trejo) is a Mexican ex-Federale with a gift for wielding a blade, who hides out as a day laborer, who is double-crossed by a corrupt state senator (De Niro). The film was teased as a faux trailer that was directed by Robert Rodriguez in Dimension Films' Grindhouse, which featured a full-length film from both Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino.

*NSFW link contained in this post*

« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 01:26:59 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2009, 10:52:14 AM »
Why bother?  The trailer was so amazing they're never going to be able to top it.

This reminds me--I'm still upset that the trailer for Machete was the only one that made it on either of the DVD releases.  I never got to see the others.  :(
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2009, 12:15:33 PM »
Why bother?  The trailer was so amazing they're never going to be able to top it.

This reminds me--I'm still upset that the trailer for Machete was the only one that made it on either of the DVD releases.  I never got to see the others.  :(
Seriously?

Thanksgiving didn't show up on the DVD? Thats one that I would've thought was an actual movie.
Glad I saw it in the theater like it was supposed to be seem.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 12:46:53 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2009, 03:24:46 PM »
I see what you did there.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2009, 10:11:44 AM »
**** YEAH

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2009, 10:16:25 AM »
I just remembered something about watching my Grindhouse blu-rays... where the **** were the Werewolf women of the SS.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2009, 07:57:09 PM »
I agree with Vudu (for once). There is NO WAY they can top the trailer. That **** was pure gold.

Offline Athena Asamiya

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2009, 09:15:49 PM »
Although I agree that the trailer for Machete really said it all, and nothing added could really make it any better, I would like to see a movie based on Cheech Marin's character.
SNK>Capcom

"Never trust b*****s working at a Gamestop store. 99% of the time, they have no clue what they're talking about because they were just hired due to titties."
-Dirk Temporo

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2009, 10:15:12 AM »
CHEECH FTW!

I don't care what anyone has to say, whether or not the actual movie will be any better than the trailer. I'm excited for it, I love the dude that plays Machete in it, he's crazy!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Full Machete!! cast revealed
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2009, 06:58:13 PM »
In an article at Variety talking about Overnight Productions, the trade revealed that production began this week on Machete, a feature version of the fake trailer that was included in Grindhouse.

Danny Trejo is returning as the title character and Robert De Niro, Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez, Steven Seagal, Lindsay Lohan, Cheech Marin, Don Johnson and Jeff Fahey play supporting roles.

Robert Rodriguez is co-directing with protege Ethan Maniquis.
source

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2009, 07:10:55 PM »
In an article at Variety talking about Overnight Productions, the trade revealed that production began this week on Machete, a feature version of the fake trailer that was included in Grindhouse.

Danny Trejo is returning as the title character and Robert De Niro, Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez, Steven Seagal, Lindsay Lohan, Cheech Marin, Don Johnson and Jeff Fahey play supporting roles.

Robert Rodriguez is co-directing with protege Ethan Maniquis.
source

LOL

I'd rate the movie a 10 if one of those actors kills the other.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2009, 07:46:23 PM »
I'd rate it an 11.5 if we can get a love scene between Jessica Alba & Michelle Rodriguez on top of that.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2009, 07:55:51 PM »
Amen, brother.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2009, 02:19:44 PM »
I'll consider watching it if Michelle Rodriguez dies a horrible, horrible death.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2010, 01:24:32 PM »
Machete has a release date - Sept 3rd 2010 - just before Labor Day weekend and the subject matter of the movie happens to coincide with some controversial political stuff happening right now. Specifically in Arizona with their immigration laws.
Robert Rodriguez and Machete have put together a special Cinco De Mayo Trailer to send a message to Arizona: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44943

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=29034.msg606186#msg606186
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 01:27:16 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »