Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3165370 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #4050 on: May 05, 2011, 11:30:49 AM »
Wind Waker 1080P with 70% less water and 25% more fighting at Launch :D

@Unagi: It was their in the original but the screwy way the site insist on some timing placing your cursor when you quote someone got me.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: May 05, 2011, 11:37:23 AM »
No, keep the water. Despite all the hate, I loved it.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: May 05, 2011, 11:43:02 AM »
The water was fine. There just needed to be more interesting things on and in it. More and bigger islands, more ships, and more giant sea monsters.
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: May 05, 2011, 11:47:17 AM »
This is the 2nd time we've heard the rumor about system being produced starting in October. This is also the second time we've heard a price point of $350+.

At that price this system better blow the screen off my 720p TV forcing me to go buy a 1080p set to replace it because 720p just couldn't handle it.

BnM, 720p and 1080p aren't much different from each other. You'd be hard press to tell them apart if shown side by side. It does look better, but I wouldn't go out and buy a new TV for it.

I was making a joke on how powerful the system would need to be to justify a $450 price tag. Not really looking to debate the difference between 720p & 1080p.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: May 05, 2011, 11:48:31 AM »
I agree with everything you said, specifically about bigger islands, but I kinda liked how empty the ocean was. It was peaceful like the real ocean.  In real life, when you go sailing, the last thing you want to see are other ships.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: May 05, 2011, 11:50:44 AM »
No, keep the water. Despite all the hate, I loved it.
Oh fine.
The water was fine. There just needed to be more interesting things on and in it. More and bigger islands, more ships, and more giant sea monsters.
Fine but, I want more excuses to use the combat system.  I itched a lot to just go and kill stuff in that game but I had a hard time finding a place local to where I was to do it.
I agree with everything you said, specifically about bigger islands, but I kinda liked how empty the ocean was. It was peaceful like the real ocean.  In real life, when you go sailing, the last thing you want to see are other ships.
I don't mind the ocean being empty but as I said above I really really wanted to use the combat more and felt punished by being in the boat soooo long.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: May 05, 2011, 11:53:33 AM »
Ok...let's drop it before it gets out of hand haha :)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: May 05, 2011, 12:46:05 PM »
Update to the last rumor

Foxconn is a subsidiary of Hon Hai
Quote from: Wikipedia
Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd was founded in 1974 as a manufacturer of electrical components (notably electrical connectors for computer components[5] -- which found use in the Atari 2600,[7] etc.) by Terry Gou.[5] Foxconn was first a trade name of Hon Hai before becoming a subsidiary of the company in 2000.[5]

And if you remember the rumor from IGN(?), they said that production would start in October 2011 and it's being produced by Foxconn.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: May 05, 2011, 01:05:50 PM »
Foxconn is the same place that had record suicide numbers, correct?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: May 05, 2011, 01:11:31 PM »
that would be the place.

China's Golden Gate Bridge?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 04:00:08 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: May 05, 2011, 01:21:35 PM »
I wonder why they would partner with that company again. Nintendo themselves had to launch an investigation to find out the cause of all the deaths. The company is political poison. It is very odd Nintendo would use them again.

Is anyone an IE (industrial engineer)? How long does it take to customize a factory platform in order to pump out the desired product? And is it flexible enough to change things along the way?

I ask because I wonder if Nintendo will have time to make changes to Cafe after the reception at E3, either aesthetically, internally or both.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 01:26:21 PM by The Unagi »

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: May 05, 2011, 01:28:58 PM »
I wonder why they would partner with that company again. Nintendo themselves had to launch an investigation to find out the cause of all the deaths. The company is political poison. It is very odd Nintendo would use them again.

Probably because they are cheap and Nintendo may need to do anything they can to bring costs down.
is your sanity...

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: May 05, 2011, 01:34:32 PM »
Are you guys asking for a Wind Waker-esque new Zelda game or literally a Wind Waker remake?  Because paying $450 for a new system to play the same game you already played on the Gamecube is pretty ridiculous.

At $450 this isn't an impulse buy for me.  They have to have a clear killer app that I MUST own.  And the system has to really knock my socks off and not just cost an arm and a leg because of a bunch of controller gimmicks.  I have to look at a game and be wowed by the visuals.

GTA V also won't sell me for one simple reason - it will likely also be on the PS3 which I already own.  Nintendo needs good third party support but those games alone won't sell Super Wii's to any core gamers that already have a PS3 or X360 if the game is multiplatform.  The third party support needs to be there but the first party titles have to sell the system.  Luckily Nintendo is good at first party games but I sure won't buy this for Steel Diver HD or anything like that.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: May 05, 2011, 01:50:38 PM »
Ian: I didn't want a remake. I am hoping the Cafe will upscale Wii games. After all, playing Super Mario Galaxy in 1080p sounds great.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: May 05, 2011, 01:52:40 PM »
You may think you would prefer the PS3 version of the multi-plat game, but what if GTAV (for example) was inspired by & designed for the Cafe and then down ported to PS360?

The PS360 version could be missing some very fun features, so I think you should reserve judgement on what you will or won't do until after Cafe is even revealed.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #4065 on: May 05, 2011, 02:12:48 PM »
  You may think you would prefer the PS3 version of the multi-plat game, but what if GTAV (for example) was inspired by & designed for the Cafe and then down ported to PS360?

The PS360 version could be missing some very fun features, so I think you should reserve judgement on what you will or won't do until after Cafe is even revealed.

Yeah but would be so much better as to justify the purchase of a whole new system?  I mean if I own both systems I'm going to always go with the better version of the game.  But I wouldn't buy a whole system for it.  I didn't buy a Wii for Twilight Princess because I already owned a Gamecube and the new controls of the Wii version were not sufficient to get me to buy a new system (though in TP's case I personally would prefer the Cube controls anyway).

It isn't about what version I would prefer but rather if the Cafe version is enough to justify a Cafe purchase.  Now if I'm already buying Cafe for some awesome Nintendo title then it's all good.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: May 05, 2011, 02:42:15 PM »
The 3DS launch lineup was disappointing, wasn't it? The Cafe had better do much better than that, especially if it costs as much as the rumors suggest it will. I think something like a Wii Sports type deal bundled with the console is a given. That strategy was extremely successful for the Wii, so I don't see why Nintendo would just abandon it. Wii Sports was a killer app to millions, and yet in actuality the production costs of it had to be extremely low as the game lacks both graphics and depth.
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: May 05, 2011, 02:44:56 PM »

Yeah but would be so much better as to justify the purchase of a whole new system?  I mean if I own both systems I'm going to always go with the better version of the game.  But I wouldn't buy a whole system for it.  I didn't buy a Wii for Twilight Princess because I already owned a Gamecube and the new controls of the Wii version were not sufficient to get me to buy a new system (though in TP's case I personally would prefer the Cube controls anyway).

It isn't about what version I would prefer but rather if the Cafe version is enough to justify a Cafe purchase.  Now if I'm already buying Cafe for some awesome Nintendo title then it's all good.

You already know that they are coming. GTA could just be the first of many 3rd party titles to help you make that purchase sooner rather than later.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: May 05, 2011, 02:47:30 PM »
I actually think the production costs of Wii Sports was pretty standard simply because of all the R&D and testing that went into making, what I'm sure at first were demos, games. If you only consider the process of transforming the demos into games, then yes you maybe right, but I wouldn't consider that accurate.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: May 05, 2011, 03:10:31 PM »
You already know that they are coming. GTA could just be the first of many 3rd party titles to help you make that purchase sooner rather than later.

Yeah I guess the steps for Nintendo to get a purchase out of me would be:

1. Show me a system that appeals to core gamers.
2. Demonstrate strong third party support.
3. Release a first party game that I must play and would feel deprived to go without it.

I'll find out about steps 1 and hopefully 3 at E3.  Step 2 will be the hardest.  It could be obvious at launch but it probably would take a good year or so for me to feel comfortable.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: May 05, 2011, 03:18:15 PM »

Yeah I guess the steps for Nintendo to get a purchase out of me would be:

1. Show me a system that appeals to core gamers.
2. Demonstrate strong third party support.
3. Release a first party game that I must play and would feel deprived to go without it.

I'll find out about steps 1 and hopefully 3 at E3.  Step 2 will be the hardest.  It could be obvious at launch but it probably would take a good year or so for me to feel comfortable.
If they nail 1 and 3 with an iffy 2 would your really wait a year?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: May 05, 2011, 03:19:34 PM »
You sound like if Nintendo put out a bowl of milk, you would be that timid cat underneath the deck, unsure if it's a trap.

My needs are much simpler. All Nintendo has to do is demonstrate an incentive, other than HD, that qualifies the price of admission. Whether that's a touchscreen controller, or more interestingly, a console hub with the ability to stream games -- the concept has to be proven.

So pretty much by E3, I'll know if I'll buy it or not.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: May 05, 2011, 03:31:59 PM »
I probably will for one Reason: the SNES.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: May 05, 2011, 04:13:51 PM »
I do not get the $350 to $450 price tag for the Wii 2 if it is going to use the same technology as the 360. It would seem to me as though the system should be $299.99 at the most and that is most I will want to pay for a new HD system.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: May 05, 2011, 04:28:55 PM »
I do not get the $350 to $450 price tag for the Wii 2 if it is going to use the same technology as the 360. It would seem to me as though the system should be $299.99 at the most and that is most I will want to pay for a new HD system.

This is the company that is currently overcharging at least $50 on the 3DS, so it's more than feasible to me that Nintendo would charge $350-$450 for an Xbox 360 with a new controller gimmick.

For all our sakes, I hope that the press just bags on the new Nintendo hardware at E3 this year.  Everyone going nuts over the 3DS last E3 is what led to Nintendo upping the cost.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.