Math is hard.
So I'm trying to get this all straight.
- There's a rumor out there that says the Wii U will be 2x as powerful as the Xbox 360.
- There's another rumor that says the Xbox "720" will be 6x as powerful as the Xbox 360.
- That same second rumor says the Xbox "720" will yield 20% (or 1.2x) greater performance than the Wii U.
Using the Xbox 360's "power" as a base of 100 that means:
- The Xbox 360's power = 100
- The Wii U's power = 200
- The Xbox 720's power = either 600 or 240!?
So which is it? The Xbox "720" can't be both 6 times as powerful as the Xbox 360 and 20% more powerful than than a device that is only 2 times as powerful as the Xbox 360. Either somebody screwed up their math, or at least one of these rumor sources is talking out of their ass.