Author Topic: PlayStation4 - News/Rumor/Speculation - Over 1 Million Sold on Day 1  (Read 413821 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: PlayStation4 - News/Rumor/Speculation - (Pics inside)
« Reply #825 on: February 21, 2013, 08:27:32 PM »
Only thing that was pre-remdered was deep down and maybe a part of the new kill zone.

Infamous and Drive club were in engine.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 21, 2013, 08:30:13 PM »
I don't believe any of them are in-game until we actually get to play them. Look at the PS2 and PS3 reveals and you'll see why I feel that way. The PS2 event showed off graphics that the PS3 couldn't pull off.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: February 21, 2013, 08:31:51 PM »
You think the Wii U can run Deep Down?
Wii U can run movies just fine.
What? Deep Down is a new game by Capcom.
I broke my glasses because I facepalmed so hard. Thanks...

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 21, 2013, 08:37:29 PM »
I like these visuals for PS4 and at the same time i'm not gasping at what I saw. It's very much what I expected. Some games today look darn near CGI to me and these games improve on that. That capcom thing I don't buy for a second though. As was stated earlier those angles and animations for attacking and such were so scripted and premade that it was in no way someone actually playing. Then they throw in the BS HUD with the weapons select and all I can do is laugh. Don't get me wrong I don't doubt a game like that will be possible eventually but that trailer looked like a big lie to me. I'll gladly eat my words when I see someone playing the game.

I thought Killzone looked great, but things like that city don't fool me for a moment. Back ground in a scripted event that is impossible to interact with. I hope big open world games come close to this.

As for the graphics in the future I really can't wait to see what's coming by the consoles end, I figure U games will look like this eventually. I don't doubt this thing can outperform Wii U in the long run but this is hardly a Wii to PS3 issue we got going here. And if the 720 takes off this time around and is weaker all that extra hardware wont mean squat for all the multiplat 3rd parties that everyone craves.

Two bold predictions:
1 - I'll be shocked if Wii U couldn't produce these visuals at some point or even something better.

2 - I'll also be surprised if Wii U gets the same crappy 3rd party support Wii did.

What do we have from Nintendo to compare to games like Killzone and Dino Thunder? Nothing really, Mario and Pikmin basically started off with Wii assets and not to mention the cartoon art style. I suppose X is the closest we have to a "realistic" looking game but it's a huge open world game where if you see something on the horizon you can go there unlike most of the games at the PS4 meeting.

The Zelda demo stands toe to toe with these things in that it just looks absolutely beautiful, but it has the disney pixar look as well so aside from the environment it's hard to compare. When realistic ground up Wii U games are made then we'll have a better idea.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: February 21, 2013, 08:42:01 PM »
So how about that controller?

Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 21, 2013, 08:47:32 PM »
PS4

Wii U

Durango/Xbox 720....

Names suck these days.

Honestly, they've kind of always sucked. Revolution was at least a badass code name.

You are obviously forgetting about the Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, and the fiscally deplorable Jaguar.

You got me on Dreamcast, I actually did forget about it (sorry DC fans!) and it is a cool name, however I never liked the sound of Sega Genesis (Genesis made me think of the band of the same name, which a relative really liked, and while I'll admit I also forgot about Jaguar because I'd only ever heard of it once  back in the day (and never saw it in stores), still makes me think of the car. The same way I don't like how the World Wildlife Foundation will never be 'the real' WWF to me I guess (and I don't even like WWF).

I don't believe any of them are in-game until we actually get to play them. Look at the PS2 and PS3 reveals and you'll see why I feel that way. The PS2 event showed off graphics that the PS3 couldn't pull off.

That's how I've felt about game trailers since PS1 era since most of the ads I remember seeing were practically bullshots. If I saw a trailer that looked like this but played like this I'd feel pretty duped and a tad pissed.

So yeah, until I see the game in action, I'll reserve judgement.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 21, 2013, 11:24:26 PM »
It's like going from what we have already to CGI level graphics.

Haha. You're funny.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 22, 2013, 12:58:04 AM »

Haha. You're funny.

Watch the Deep Down trailer. Watch that Square Enix Luminous tech demo.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 22, 2013, 01:09:42 AM »
Totilo is throwing a wet blanket on Deep Down, make of it what you will:

The only game we saw last night that looked too good be to true was Capcom's tech-demo/work-in-progress/maybe-it's-a-game Deep Down.

These graphics don't look like extra-pretty PS3 graphics.

This was the one "game" shown that seemed so unbelievable that, with memories of 2006 in my head, I didn't believe it. No way that's real. Well, later in the evening I was talking to some people who've worked on the PS4. Not Capcom people, but developers. And they said, actually, sure, that's doable, maybe if you constrain the game you're designing. Maybe if you make it like a one-room-at-a-time dungeon crawler. A PS4 game could look that good.

http://kotaku.com/5986059/the-ps4-one-day-later

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #834 on: February 22, 2013, 01:16:11 AM »
I think that seemed pretty obvious to me. It's like the original Killzone 2 demo when PS3 was announced. Non-Sony fanboys knew it was BS, and in the end the real Killzone 2 looked nowhere near as good. PS4 games will not look as good as that Deep Down CG video.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 22, 2013, 02:12:52 AM »
Yeah, here's the original Killzone 2 trailer from E3 2005 for anyone that doesn't remember.  Sony actual said this was actual in game footage at the time.

Even now, almost 8 years since this trailer was shown, nothing on the PS3 looks that good.  Yeah some of the later PS3 games have gotten closer to looking like that, they're still not quite there yet.  This is why anyone expecting PS4 games to be looking like Deep Down in the near future are going to be very disappointed.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 22, 2013, 02:56:42 AM »
Totilo is throwing a wet blanket on Deep Down, make of it what you will:

The only game we saw last night that looked too good be to true was Capcom's tech-demo/work-in-progress/maybe-it's-a-game Deep Down.

These graphics don't look like extra-pretty PS3 graphics.

This was the one "game" shown that seemed so unbelievable that, with memories of 2006 in my head, I didn't believe it. No way that's real. Well, later in the evening I was talking to some people who've worked on the PS4. Not Capcom people, but developers. And they said, actually, sure, that's doable, maybe if you constrain the game you're designing. Maybe if you make it like a one-room-at-a-time dungeon crawler. A PS4 game could look that good.

http://kotaku.com/5986059/the-ps4-one-day-later

I figured as much. I say give it 7 or 8 years the PS4 will get there or very close.

Will enjoy reading everyone's thoughts on this.

RomanceDawn

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 22, 2013, 03:01:27 AM »

Haha. You're funny.

Well yeah, those have CGI level graphics in the sense that they are CGI.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 22, 2013, 03:27:45 AM »

Haha. You're funny.

Well yeah, those have CGI level graphics in the sense that they are CGI.

There is a video out there of a guy changing different parts of the Luminous demo on the fucking fly in real fucking time. Jesus people.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 22, 2013, 03:40:56 AM »
If you honestly believe PS4 games are going to look that good, you're the one that's delusional. It's certainly better than the Wii U, but it's not that much better.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #840 on: February 22, 2013, 03:44:28 AM »
If you honestly believe PS4 games are going to look that good, you're the one that's delusional. It's certainly better than the Wii U, but it's not that much better.

I never even said that the Luminous demo was a PS4 thing. You seem to think that it was CGI, when it isn't. It was changed ON A DIME. Do I need to spell it out any other way? CGI CANNOT BE DONE LIKE THAT. That demo is a lot (read: a fucking **** ton) better than what has been done so far on the Wii U. It might be possible far into the future, but nobody will know for sure at this moment.

I'm not trying to get in a graphics **** fest with you. But you should recognize what is leagues better than what we have so far.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 22, 2013, 03:51:04 AM »
It was just a sarcastic remark, I wasn't trying to seriously argue anything. Deep Down is total bullshit, though.

I'm just saying, the PS4 isn't as good as stuff like that would make it seem. Sony has a history of exaggerations and outright lies regarding the capabilities of their new hardware.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: February 22, 2013, 06:27:49 AM »
I don't even believe Zelda will look as good as it did last E3. I wouldn't want it to either. Bad art style.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: February 22, 2013, 07:25:39 AM »
I expect Zelda U to look better than the demo. Besides the Project Reality demos, Nintendo tends to not exaggerate those. In fact, they usually look worse than the final product which is how it should be (getting more familiar with hardware yields better results therefore the demos should never look better). Comparing the Spaceworld 2000 demo reel for example to the corresponding games, the final games always looked better. And booooo, I liked the art style. I thought Link's face looked weird in both Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword (mainly his mouth and eyes). And I like the color palette more. I hope they stick with that look.

I really hate how Sony flashes their fake graphics peen at these events. It's annoying because PS4 games will look amazing. There's no need to exaggerate. It's one of the things that really bugs the hell out of me about Sony. They have such amazing 1st party teams capable of doing such amazing things and everyone knows this, but they still resort to that dishonest target demo bullshit. They're doing themselves a disservice by pushing such unattainable results. The games will absolutely look good; they don't have to look that impossibly good. Gah! I understand what they're trying to do, but I don't understand why they think they need to. Naughty Dog's and Sony Santa Monica's titles are going to speak for themselves.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 07:27:41 AM by Adrock »

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 22, 2013, 08:48:33 AM »
i expect two things will happen

a. the wii u will become the base platform like the 360 did for is cheaper hardware
b. the wii u will become a gamecube with twice as much 3rd party support game-wise

i know nintendo does very well with finetuning the architecture as proven by the gamecube (the wii didn't have a chance to prove itself here) so that it can destroy the numbers but we dont know right now
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 08:52:51 AM by pokepal148 »

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: February 22, 2013, 08:54:19 AM »
I like these visuals for PS4 and at the same time i'm not gasping at what I saw. It's very much what I expected. Some games today look darn near CGI to me and these games improve on that. That capcom thing I don't buy for a second though. As was stated earlier those angles and animations for attacking and such were so scripted and premade that it was in no way someone actually playing. Then they throw in the BS HUD with the weapons select and all I can do is laugh. Don't get me wrong I don't doubt a game like that will be possible eventually but that trailer looked like a big lie to me. I'll gladly eat my words when I see someone playing the game.

I thought Killzone looked great, but things like that city don't fool me for a moment. Back ground in a scripted event that is impossible to interact with. I hope big open world games come close to this.

As for the graphics in the future I really can't wait to see what's coming by the consoles end, I figure U games will look like this eventually. I don't doubt this thing can outperform Wii U in the long run but this is hardly a Wii to PS3 issue we got going here. And if the 720 takes off this time around and is weaker all that extra hardware wont mean squat for all the multiplat 3rd parties that everyone craves.

Two bold predictions:
1 - I'll be shocked if Wii U couldn't produce these visuals at some point or even something better.

2 - I'll also be surprised if Wii U gets the same crappy 3rd party support Wii did.

What do we have from Nintendo to compare to games like Killzone and Dino Thunder? Nothing really, Mario and Pikmin basically started off with Wii assets and not to mention the cartoon art style. I suppose X is the closest we have to a "realistic" looking game but it's a huge open world game where if you see something on the horizon you can go there unlike most of the games at the PS4 meeting.

The Zelda demo stands toe to toe with these things in that it just looks absolutely beautiful, but it has the disney pixar look as well so aside from the environment it's hard to compare. When realistic ground up Wii U games are made then we'll have a better idea.
if the wii u can pull that off the gamepad could become the hud

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: February 22, 2013, 09:15:40 AM »
a. the wii u will become the base platform like the 360 did for is cheaper hardware
I originally thought this would happen because it would allow games to be on every platform. Then, 3rd parties almost unanimously decided that Wii U owners can **** off. I get the feeling now that Wii U will mainly see 3rd party titles that appear on everything anyway (e.g. Call of Duty). Sony has managed strong support despite the expectation that development costs will continue to rise despite diminishing returns on graphics. It doesn't really make sense to me, but I'm still happy with my Wii U and if 3rd parties don't want my money, they can **** off too.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: February 22, 2013, 10:12:12 AM »
Lol at anyone expecting the Wii U to be a lead console because it was cheaper and had lower dev costs.

A few devs chimed and said that even though the PS4 is quite a bump , development hasn't pushed budget and manpower up by that much.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #848 on: February 22, 2013, 10:40:04 AM »
I don't even believe Zelda will look as good as it did last E3. I wouldn't want it to either. Bad art style.

I didn't think so either until I realized history speaks for itself.

I'm noticing everywhere that the discussion of graphics is a fairly split issue. Yes they do look better and? Nintendo started talking about diminishing returns 10 years ago, much earlier than what was really happening but now I think we are truly seeing it. What are the next systems going to look like? I mean really, everyone should be glad Move and that little screen are included with that new controller, same goes for Kinnect. If that beautiful yet lame gameplay video of Killzone is anything to go by we'll be playing the same tired FPSs for years to come. I'm much more appreciative of the Upad now.

I'm in the boat where I think most of these demos are possible in real games but it will be a while. I also think some Wii U games are going to get there or extremely close. At the same time I am not impressed jumping up and down so I guess that makes me a blind bat who doesn't appreciate gaming. Can't get mad when someone doesn't think something is as pretty as you. Twilight Princess looks so much nicer than that tech demo, but ultimately I hated the art style for the game fell through for me its with its visuals.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:56:31 AM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: February 22, 2013, 10:57:18 AM »
Lol at anyone expecting the Wii U to be a lead console because it was cheaper and had lower dev costs.

A few devs chimed and said that even though the PS4 is quite a bump , development hasn't pushed budget and manpower up by that much.
I don't think it's that crazy of an idea. Wii U is in between PS3/360 and their successors in terms of power, it's easy to develop for, and the 1st next generation console to launch (shut up anyone who doesn't think it's next gen).

I've read both. Right now, many developers are still using pre-existing engines. I don't expect it to change much with PS4 launch games, but those aren't going to blow PS3 out of the water anyway. Costs will go up, level off, then go up again depending on how much developers intend to push the hardware..