Complete, four-part, ten-hour recording now available! Donations close on 11/30!
The event may be over, but that doesn't mean it's too late to donate to Child's Play! Just follow the link below. We hope to post a recording for those that missed the live event soon.
You read right, readers! We're back with another mega-podcast for charity! For the uninitiated, this is an all-day NWR audio event in which we'll jibber-jabber to support Child's Play, with each and every dollar collected going straight to the source! When certain amounts are reached, we'll unlock another hour of exciting live content. Check out the awe-inspiring results of previous editions of the event in 2010, 2011 and 2012.
We have secured a complete, 10+ hour recording of the entire live event. It will be released in parts throughout this week. Subscribers to Radio Free Nintendo will get these episodes automatically, and you can manually download each one with the links below.
JIGGAWHAT: An epic Nintendo/gaming-themed live audio "podcast" telethon
JIGGAWHY: For Child's Play, a charity that provides toys and games to sick kids
JIGGAWHO: Nintendo World Report staff, special guests and you!
JIGGAWHEN: Saturday, November 23, 2013 at 12:00pm Noon eastern (9:00am Pacific, 5:00pm GMT) until… you decide!
JIGGAWHERE: Right here, so bookmark the page, folks!
JIGGAHOW: It's the internet. Perhaps you've heard of it.
Here at Nintendo World Report, we've long been supporters of Child's Play, the fantastic charity that provides toys and games to hospitalized kids. If you're not familiar with Child's Play, check out the official website and listen to Jonny's RFN Special interview with Mike Krahulik, co-founder of the charity (and Penny Arcade), way back in 2007. So, when our old friend Karl Castaneda brought us an idea for doing a special, live-streaming podcast to support Child's Play, we got excited. Not only can we do things live that don't make sense in a recorded show, like real-time listener interaction, but the lack of editing means there are fewer constraints on how long the show can run. Then we thought… why not do it telethon-style, all day long? It's been an amazing ride so far, and this year we're hoping to raise more money than ever for this excellent charity!
***If you are new to NWR podcasts, please be advised that the show is LIVE and may contain explicit language. We're doin' it for the kids, but the show itself is for grown-ups.***
Content Program and Fundraising Goals:
(Note: Schedule is subject to change before and even during the event. Each hour of content will be unlocked when the corresponding donation goal is met. Fundraising goals are totals, i.e. all previous donations are counted towards the amount. Pacific time zone is three hours earlier than the time shown below!)
12:00pm Eastern - A Big Ol' What We've Been Playing w/ special guests Chris Kohler and Billy Berghammer! (FREE)
1:00pm Eastern - The Year That Was: The Wii U's First Report Card w/ special guest Jose Otero! ($500)
2:00pm Eastern - A Crisis on Multiple Consoles: What's Our Prognosis for the Xbox One and PS4? w/ special guests Phil Theobald and Chris Johnston! ($1000)
3:00pm Eastern - Radio Trivia Live: Can You Name That Gaming Tune? ($1500)
4:00pm Eastern - Space QA Live: Scott Thompson and Jonny Metts Answer Your Space-Related Questions! ($2000)
5:00pm Eastern - Who Wants to Be a Nintendoaire Part Deux: The Connectivity Game Show Hit Returns! ($2500)
6:00pm Eastern - 3DS Report Card 2013: Wow, They Certainly Fixed That, Didn't They? ($3000)
7:00pm Eastern - The Famicast Rides Again w/special guest Mark McDonald! ($3500)
8:00pm Eastern - A Healthy Dose of Shenanigans w/Your Live Calls! ($4000)
9:00pm Eastern - Box Office Poison Presents: Our Movie of the Forever, Super Mario Bros.($5000 Stretch Goal)
Date TBA: Connectivity Live Event Extravaganza ($6000 Stretch Goal)
Date TBA: RetroActive Live Part Deux Featuring Greg Leahy ($7000 Stretch Goal)
We will make every effort to obtain a clear recording of this event, but due to the complex technical nature of doing so, we cannot guarantee a recording will be available later. Please plan to attend the event live if you want to be sure!
Special Prizes - Listen to the live telethon for details on how to win. Very special thanks to Carmine Red!
- $5 eShop Credit (WiU/3DS) x2
- Assassin's Creed III (WiiU)
- Bleach Figurine
- Call of Duty 4 T-Shirt (XXL)
- Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion T-Shirt (XL) x2
- Conduit 2 T-Shirt (Medium) x3
- Disgaea Flonne Figurine
- Disney Guilty Party T-Shirt (XL)
- DuckTales Remastered (Wii U) Physical Copies
- Fishing Master (Wii)
- GoldenEye T-Shirt (L)
- Hometown Story Bonus Ember Dragon Plush (Pink)
- Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons DL Code (3DS)
- Mario Glow-in-the-Dark Baseball Cap
- Mega Man 25th Anniversary 3DS Aluminum Case
- MotoHeroez T-Shirt (M)
- New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U)
- New Super Luigi U (Wii U)
- Penguin Patrol DL Code
- PlayStation Plus 30-day Code (only works for new members)
- Pokemon Rumble U DL Code
- Skullgirls PC Game DL Code (Steam)
- Small Tektite Meteorite Rock Specimen x2
- Spectrobes Novel
- Spot It! Mean Machines DL Code x3
- Street Fighter Cap
- Street Fighter T-Shirt (Small)
- Super Mario 4.5" Standing Figure
- Super Mario Collector's Tin
- Series 2 - Daisy/ShyGuy x2
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World T-Shirt (L/XL)
- Unopened Pokemon Rumble U NFC Figure x5
- Virtue's Last Reward Wrist Watch
- Year of Luigi Pin (from Club Nintendo)
Ways You Can Help:
1. Donate! This is the most direct way to help meet our goals for the event and support Child's Play. You can donate money before, during and for a couple weeks after the live event.
2. Promote! If you're part of a community or group of friends who enjoy Nintendo or video games, please help us spread the word and explain what's so great about this event. (Always be respective -- don't spam on our behalf.)
3. Participate! Listen to the live event, play along in the chat room, and call in for interactive segments -- you'll make the event better for everyone!
4. Prizes! If you've hit the limit on donating money but have some special gaming swag or digital game codes to give away, we could use them as prizes. Please email us with any offers.
To change your chat nickname, type /nick newnickname, where "newnickname" is the new name you want.