Five packs will hit over the next few months bringing new characters, weapons, stages, and adventure maps.
Five DLC packs are coming to Hyrule Warriors in the coming months, adding new characters, weapons, stages, and much more.
The first pack, which is free, comes to Japan on September 30 and North America and Europe on October 16. It includes the three Hyrule Warriors villains (Cia, Volga, and Wizzro) as playable characters. Also on October 16, a paid Master Quest DLC Pack will debut and add a new weapon, scenario, adventure map, and two costumes.
Three other packs will come later, including a Twilight Princess pack in November, a Majora's Mask one in January, and a Boss one in February. If you pre-order all of the packs for $19.99/€14.99, you can unlock a Dark Link costume right now. There is no word on individual pack pricing in North America or Europe yet. See below for the full list of DLC:
- Hyrule Warriors Characters (Free, September 30) - Three new playable characters (Cia, Volga, Wizzro)
- Master Quest Pack (October 16) - New weapon, scenario, adventure map, and two costumes
- Twilight Princess Pack (November) - New character, weapon, adventure map, and two costumes
- Majora's Mask Pack (January) - Two new characters, adventure map, and three costumes
- Boss Pack (February) - Two new games modes
It's unknown just what exactly an adventure map is, but considering the Adventure Mode in Hyrule Warriors is based on a map of the original Legend of Zelda with a stage representing each square, it's possible that the new adventure maps could either be alternate versions of that map or maps from other Zelda games.