Debuting in PAL territories later this year, the game features an exciting story that delves into the past of the protagonist, Roxas, and the first multiplayer mode in the series.
Square Enix revealed that Kingdom Hearts 358/2 is slated for release in PAL territories this fall. The talented folks at Square Enix and Disney have reunited once again to tell the untold backstory of Roxas and his time spent in Organization XIII.
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 will be an action RPG in the same vein as its console brethren. Players will have a chance to explore a variety of levels that are based on locations from popular Disney films such as Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. The game will feature completely rendered 3D backgrounds and characters, along with an orchestrated soundtrack.
Unlike in previous Kingdom Hearts titles, players will be able to team up as different members of Organization XIII in the new multiplayer Mission Mode. Sqaure Enix will also include Trial Missions and Standard Missions to help boost the game's length and value. The gameplay will be slightly altered from previous entries with the addition of limit breaks, the special attacks made famous in the Final Fantasy series, which are likely to become unlocked when low on health.
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 will be released in North America, but no date has been announced. The game will be available in Japan on May 30.
KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS AVAILABLE ACROSS PAL TERRITORIES IN AUTUMN
London (28th May 2009) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS will be released across PAL territories this Autumn on Nintendo DS.
With more than 12 million copies shipped worldwide, the KINGDOM HEARTS series is one of the most beloved RPGs in video game history. Disney and FINAL FANTASY characters unite in a magical game world, engaging players across the globe with its gripping storyline and action-packed gameplay.
The series continues with KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS. Follow Roxas, the "other" hero from KINGDOM HEARTS II, and discover more about his days as a member of the mysterious Organization XIII. What is the connection between Roxas and Sora? Who is the mysterious 14th member and what were the reasons for his eventual departure from the organization? KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS adds one other exciting and essential component to the fun, being the first KINGDOM HEARTS game to offer a multiplayer mode.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, "KINGDOM HEARTS continues to bring joy to players around the world. With KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS I am delighted to be revisiting the wonderful worlds of Disney and very pleased to see the addition of a multiplayer mode. I am sure fans will find this an exciting and essential entry in the series."
For more information about KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS, please visit the official website at www.kingdomheartsdays.com
About KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS
Roxas and Axel were watching the sunset from their usual spot on the station's clock tower after a long day of collecting "hearts" from the Heartless, as ordered by their organization. When their daily work ended, they often spent their evenings there. They talked about the day's work and other things over ice cream.
"Do you know why the sun looks red as it sinks below the horizon? It's because among the countless colours comprising light, red travels the greatest distance."
"You're just trying to show off, Axel!"
It was idle chatter between two boys without hearts.
This is the untold story of Organization XIII's Roxas.
- World-renowned creator and character designer Tetsuya Nomura and his team once again unite the magical world of Disney with the characters of FINAL FANTASY, inviting fans to an enchanting gaming experience
- Multiplayer Mode – for the first time in KINGDOM HEARTS. Four players can team-up as their favourite Organization XIII members
- Fully 3D environments and characters, gigantic boss battles and an orchestral soundtrack push the Nintendo DS capabilities to the full
- A wide variety of missions to complete across a range of huge worlds. Lots to explore including Standard Missions, Trial Missions and multiplayer Mission Mode
- Limit Breaks! The special near-death ability from FINAL FANTASY VII is brought to the world of KINGDOM HEARTS allowing for explosive special attacks
- Panel System – organise your weapons, spells, abilities and even levels with this new system that makes you strategically think about what you can carry