Panasonic Q (GCN/DVD combo)
In order to capitalize on potential sales in Japan particularly with a lower-cost hardware unit that will play GameCube games as well as DVDs (DVD players are still expensive in Japan comparitively) Matsushita/Panasonic is has created this hybrid machine, called the Q.
While the Q has been released in Japan, it is unknown if or when the system will launch in the U.S. or in other territories. It's believed that if it launches in the U.S. at all, it won't be until 2002 or 2003.
The Q currently comes at a $315 U.S. retail price.
by Zosha Arushan - April 4, 2002
by Rick Powers - May 17, 2001
- Panasonic Q Discontinued - December 17, 2003
- Matsushita Expected to Post Heavy Losses - April 9, 2003
- New Matsushita Q Model in the Works - September 26, 2002
- Panasonic Drops Q Price - July 1, 2002
- GameCube Piracy in Hong Kong - March 31, 2002
- Multi Region Panasonic Q a reality! - January 10, 2002
- The Q sliced and diced - January 3, 2002
- The Q Can Play U.S. Games? - December 15, 2001
- No Q for the U.S. - November 2, 2001
- Q for Christmas in Japan - October 19, 2001
- New brand name for Panasonic GCN. - October 7, 2001
- Interesting Feature of Panasonic GameCube - October 4, 2001
- How much for that Toaster? - July 21, 2001
|Panasonic Q (GCN/DVD combo)|