Discover More Than 150 Pokémon in Dazzling 3D
The free Pokédex 3D application is an extensive, visually engaging way for fans to discover the more than 150 new Pokémon found in the Pokémon™ Black Version and Pokémon White Version games (each sold separately). Nintendo 3DS™ users can download the application from the Nintendo eShop and view Pokémon from the Unova region rendered in 3D with
animation and sound. The Pokédex 3D application takes the Pokédex out of the game, offering players a multitude of Pokémon information essential to any Pokémon fan. Using augmented reality technology and the Nintendo 3DS Camera, Pokemon AR Markers give players the opportunity to view their favorite Pokémon in a real world environment.
• Players initially receive 16 Pokémon when they download Pokédex 3D, and they can use various methods to receive all available Pokémon: connecting with friends, using the built-in SpotPass™ feature of Nintendo 3DS, or scanning Pokémon AR Markers. They can share Pokémon data with friends, while up to three randomly chosen Pokémon per day can be received when the SpotPass feature is activated.
• Pokédex 3D offers more stats and details than any previous in-game Pokédex. Users can search, sort and filter information in a variety of ways. They can also bookmark their favorite Pokémon, moves or abilities to reference them quickly and easily.
• Each Pokémon image can be rotated 360 degrees, allowing users to zoom in and view it from any angle. The 3D version of the Pokémon character is displayed on the top screen, while the bottom screen shows details and stats.
• Special Pokémon AR Markers allow Nintendo 3DS users to display Pokémon images in real-world environments in fun and interesting ways. Users can even use the Nintendo 3DS Camera to snap pictures of their customized augmented reality
- Pokédex 3D Getting Major Update August 31 - August 27, 2012
- Pokédex 3D Pro Dated for North America - August 1, 2012
- Pokédex 3D Gets Final Update - June 1, 2012
- Pokédex 3D Update Announced - April 20, 2012
- Nintendo Announces Penny Arcade Expo Plans - August 23, 2011
- Third Parties Unable to Offer Free Software on 3DS eShop - August 15, 2011
- Nintendo to Present Playable Demos at Comic-Con - July 19, 2011
- Game Boy Titles Confirmed for North American and European eShop - June 2, 2011
- Pokédex 3D Coming to 3DS eShop - May 31, 2011