Author Topic: Halo Coming to GBA??  (Read 6377 times)

Offline Koopa Troopa

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Halo Coming to GBA??
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2004, 02:06:25 PM »

It probably won't happen at all. Even game producers should realize how big a flop it would be. Just because it's labeled "Halo" doesn't mean we're all morons.

::cough::Enter The Matrix::cough::Metal Gear Solid 2::cough::
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
RE: Halo Coming to GBA??
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2004, 02:46:13 PM »
You hilarious goons, I've seen a couple of Halo screens (can't link for direct linking lol I band my self), and they look pretty funky. 2d side scrolling shooter by the looks of it. It looks promising.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Burning Excalibur

• PGC Forum Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2004, 03:12:03 PM »
Yeah. Halo II XBOX, done deal. This Halo + GBA thing doesn't cut it. I'm going to try to force myself to save 30 dollars and a lot of pain by just not buying it.
"Your numbers mean nothing. Nothing can stop me!"                                                   --Kanbei, Yellow Comet Emperor.

Offline OmniDistortion

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2004, 10:32:52 PM »

Originally posted by: Burning Excalibur
Halo's top priority was graphics and music, then AI and finally, gameplay. GBA was built to support mostly gameplay, but not much in graphics.

I'm glad one of them got their priorities straight. Halo is a great game, however a lot was put into actual gameplay. The graphics may be more recent, but the actual game took 4 years to make. People have been anticipating it for a long long time.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2004, 06:06:47 AM »
That's only because they had to start the game from scratch every time their publisher changed. It was orignally going to be a battlefield 1942 style game, stuff like 50 onto 50 battles, for Macintosh too.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2004, 04:45:44 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It probably won't happen at all. Even game producers should realize how big a flop it would be. Just because it's labeled "Halo" doesn't mean we're all morons.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We may not be morons.  But dont forget as strange as it may sound if you research games, get a gaming magazine etc......  you are not the average gamer.  A title called Halo would sell like hot cakes on the gba.
PikkCuber

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2004, 02:03:48 AM »
It actually looks pretty good, from what I've seen.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2004, 10:28:27 AM »
Halo will never be on a system thay microsoft doesn't own.  Halo is their bread and butter, their breadwinner, their shining light that says look here look what we have and you don't.  And a good light it is.  I'm not sure any developer is stupid enough to take the best first party game you have and put it on a system you can't control and risk people wanting that as much as the origional Therefore taking away sales from you and giving it to them.  Halo is a Xbox mover and will be until the system dies.  I bought my xbox for halo and panzer dragoon(more panzer really), and everyone I know bought their xbox for halo, that's the only game a lot of xbox owner have (other than the free ones they get with the system.)  They might release some other microsoft games on the GBA or even the DS but never will you ever see Halo on any system that doen't have microsoft written on it somewhere, (no the mac doesn't count because they own that too, don't deny the truth)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2004, 09:13:13 AM »
MS doesn't consider the GBA competition.

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2004, 09:55:08 PM »
In terms of taking hype and money away from its baby your mother is competitions to microsoft in the Halo department.