Author Topic: Episode 874: Announcement World Championships: Switch Edition  (Read 255 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile

Consider this an announcement of the announcement.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/67115/episode-874-announcement-world-championships-switch-edition

James has the week off, so Jon takes over as host and infuses the proceedings with an unfamiliar level of discipline and professionalism. Greg and Gui are here as always, with our fourth chair occupied by Syrenne McNulty, who in turn brings her familiar lack of discipline and unprofessionalism. And we wouldn't have it any other way.

We start off discussing the announcement of the Switch 2...announcement, as well as the incoming Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition. New Business then sees Syrenne diving into Hades 2, Lorelei and the Laser Eyes, and a bevy of other hot takes. Gui discusses the Promenade demo, while Greg has spent some time with Extreme G. Lastly, Jon makes Syrenne squeal with glee by completing the base campaign of Final Fantasy XIV eleven years after the fact, still faster than he took to complete Chrono Trigger.

After the break it's reader mail about how Hollywood and video games have both slipped into boring AAA blockbuster mode. This of course leads us into a spicy discussion about Xbox, industry layoffs, and late stage capitalism. Revolution isn't just a codename for a console!

If you'd like to tell us how much better of a host Jon is, you can email us right here. Don't worry, James will never find out.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 874: Announcement World Championships: Switch Edition
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2024, 01:48:24 AM »
Some really good discussion on this episode. Great to have Syrenne on again after such a long time.

What Syrenne was saying about Lorelai andbthe Laser Eyes has me concerned. I have been looking forward to it ever since was announced. It looks so cool and weird, but I think the puzzles might be too much for me.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 12:50:00 AM »
This is perhaps the most professional and well put together that I've heard this podcast sound in quite some time. I wonder what the difference is....

Lovely to have Syrenne back and bringing her much needed insights.

Offline jarodea

• A man of the world, so suave and discrete, he trips over the women piled up at his feet
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2024, 07:40:27 PM »
This is perhaps the most professional and well put together that I've heard this podcast sound in quite some time. I wonder what the difference is....

Lovely to have Syrenne back and bringing her much needed insights.

Yeah, three of the crew were basically missing.