Author Topic: What is it with Pepsi lately??  (Read 17841 times)

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
RE: What is it with Pepsi lately??
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2003, 12:59:22 PM »
I understand being close to your kids is much different than just being their parent.  I too, wish that my kids will love video games as much as I, but if not, whatever.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline aoi tsuki

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2003, 01:03:35 PM »
Caffeine can also cause twitching, rambling thoughts, stuttering, osteoporosis (lack of bone density), irregularity of breath and heartbeat and diuresis (increased urine production which can lead to dehydration). i've suffered from all of the above due to insanely high caffeine consumption. It's a serious drug, especially considering it's not regulated in the US.  
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:What is it with Pepsi lately??
« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2003, 01:05:33 PM »
Like I said, caffiene is basically just a less dangerous form of cocaine (read the article I posted). When taken in moderation, it's not too bad for you, but when you're addicted and are drinking cups upon cups of coffee a day it really adds up.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2003, 01:42:10 PM »
You people are getting me scared.  I don't want to drink caffine anymore.  But i will anyway.

I have the most atrocious diet of anybody I know, and am the pickiest eater out of anyone I know.  I won't touch salads (mostly becuae of tomatoes, though).  I eat frozen pizza's, french fries, hot dogs, and mostly anything else consisting mainly of fat and cholesteral (sp?).

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2003, 01:44:49 PM »
I'm exactly the same way. I'm very picky when it comes to what I eat and I'm unwilling to try news foods (although I have tried escargot and calamari). I also stuff myself full on junk food. I'm eating a big bowl of popcorn right now.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2003, 01:45:34 PM »
hehe, I was wondering what to have for dinner and I've convinced myself to microwave Totin's Pizza rolls, the best pizza "spin-off" in the world, even though I had pizza for lunch.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2003, 01:48:20 PM »
hehe, I did try calamari and now love it, and I'm sure it will be the same way if I ever try any other foods, too.  

As with you, I am not willing to try other foods, and my best friend's family give me a hard time about it when I eat at their house.  It's getting to the point when eating with anybody other than my family is a thoroughly unenjoyable experience.

oh yeah, and I don't even eat hamburgers.  how un-american.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2003, 01:59:05 PM »
I HATE hamburgers! I just don't like them at all. I love hot dogs, but i can't stand hamburgers, cheeseburgers, or any other type of burger.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2003, 02:04:06 PM »
Same here.  That's why I like McDonald's and Burger King the same.  McDonald's fries are MUCH better, but Burger King's chicken nuggets are great.

Mmmmm, smell those pizza rolls.  I do watch my fat intake when i can.  At a resturaunt or when we order pizza I say the hell with fat and dig in.  but with things like pizza rolls I don't eat tooooooo many....

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2003, 02:10:57 PM »
I swear to god, you've gotta to be a carbon copy of myself. I love McDonald's fries but think Burger King has the better nuggets by far. This is getting creepy.  

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2003, 02:13:13 PM »
I was going to say that last post but i decided against it for whatever reason.

To really see if we're the same person, if you like sweet and sour sauce, which fast food joint's do you like the best?

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2003, 02:14:11 PM »
I don't like sweet and sour sauce.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2003, 02:17:09 PM »
SORRY! wrong answer!  the correct answer was KFC!

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2003, 02:18:15 PM »
I don't like KFC, either, except for their extraordinary biscuits.

Anyway, sorry for derailing the topic yet again.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2003, 02:26:14 PM »
The last thirteen posts (including this) have been you and me!  Chat-a-thon like yesterday!  Anyway, you said you didn't like KFC ----EITHER----!?!?  I like KFC alot, except I don't eat it too much for I value my life....

....somewhat.

Back to topic, soda is good tasting but can be bad if you drink too much.  the end.

Offline Ms.Pikmin

• Ow, my GOB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2003, 02:33:48 PM »
Mouseclicker, my son does like video games(my daughter is only two).  We play Smash Brothers and Godzilla together.  He gets really into beating the cr@p out of me on Godzilla(he used to on SSBM but I'm better at it now ).  Sometimes there are one player games that we play together because one of us is better at a certain part than the other.  Mario Sunshine was pretty good to help each other with.  Mainly with the obstacle courses.  We would help each other through them.  For some reason I have the worst time with depth perception on that game, so I would frequently miss when jumping for an important red coin.  He was much better so I would get him to the point of jumping and then he would do it.  Anyway, I'm sure at some point he's not going to think it's cool to play video games with his mom.  Until then though, it's fun to play with him.

EDIT:  Oh, yeah, mouseclicker and knowsnothing, I've printed this thread and am sending copies to your mothers with the request that they make you a nice bowl of steamed veggies.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2003, 02:37:09 PM »
That's at least a little comfort. If I could play games with my mom, I wouldn't care how old I was. Heck, I'd invite my friends over to play, too. I wouldn't deprive myself or anyone of a great time with my parents just because of how other people will view me- I learned early on in 6th grade that when you start seriously caring about what other people think of you, you're going to have a miserable life. As long as you're happy with yourself, that's all that really matters.

While on the subject, a friend of mine's grandma is insane at SSBM. O_O I haven't personally played her, but my friend's a little better than I am and she beats him all the time.  

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2003, 02:40:05 PM »
Ms. Pikmin?  Could you make them steamed carrots?  Anything but broccili (sp?), please?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2003, 02:41:21 PM »
ms. pikmin i really hope your son thinks your uncool or soemthing for playing video games with you. I think later on his firends will think your cool so...in the end he'll do what his friends do and that is hang out with you.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2003, 05:16:29 PM »
I like hamburgers. . .

That's cool, playing with your son.  My mom and I used to a little bit, but those days are long gone.  Both her fault and mine.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline GCNMasterX

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2003, 04:39:03 AM »
My dad plays all my fighting and sports games with me. My mom doesnt know how to play any game, she thinks they're "too confusing"

But usually I play by myself, with a friend, or my lil brother.

But anyways, getting back to topic, have any of you see that new Vanilla Pepsi commercial. It's pure madness. It shows 2 loading trucks, Vanilla Coke's turns the music up in their vehicle. Vanilla Pepsi then presses a button which makes speakers come out of the back and blasts out music. The Vanilla Coke guy thinks it's cool. WTF.
Who loves Vanilla Coke?? I love vanilla coke!

Currently listening to:  Twisted Method, Staind, Adema, Disturbed

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2003, 05:57:09 AM »
When I am home (which never happens anymore, due to unrelated issues), I usually set up a LAN and play Master of Orion II, Descent, Alpha Centauri, or Starcraft with my Mom.  She is decent at Master of Orion, but I can take her down quite easily.  We are about evenly matched in Alpha Centauri, but I am much more cold-hearted, so I can usually come out with a win.  Descent and Starcraft she isn't so good at, but she plays anyways because she thinks that the games are fun.

The games that really interest her are RPGs, but for some reason she has difficulty playing them because she gets lost and can't figure out the controls.  That just strikes me as strange given that she can fly somewhat straight in Descent, but I have long since given up on teaching her to play right.  

Most of the time, I will just have a friend over and play some GameCube games, or play some PC games online.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2003, 07:08:18 AM »
I have seen that commercial and I think it is with out a doubt the most stupid commercial I have seen in quite a while.  The whole thing with the truck jumping is what turns me off.  I think it's just stupid looking, even for a car, but for the truck to do it is just dumb.  I think he says "I just lost" after the Pepsi truck drives off.  Of course the Coke drive would think it's cool, it is a Pepsi commercial, they are trying to get you to buy their product.  
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2003, 08:22:57 AM »
The stuff still tastes great, though.

Offline GCNMasterX

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2003, 11:30:40 AM »
Meh...GO VANILLA COKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who loves Vanilla Coke?? I love vanilla coke!

Currently listening to:  Twisted Method, Staind, Adema, Disturbed