Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 800789 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto
« Reply #2975 on: June 23, 2023, 11:40:19 PM »
In this year's edition of "I bet you didn't see that coming" [/quicksilver reference]

Chris Paul to the Warriors for Jordan Poole and 2 future picks to the Wizards.....

I admit i was shocked at first and was thinking WTF are they thinking....
But CP3 is a vet and would be taking on the 2nd unit, and running point so Steph can play off ball more.
vs JP3 who is very erratic, over dribbled out of plays and into bad spots. Makes terrible telegraphed passes, and takes terrible shots at bad times, that are only acceptable IF YOU MAKE THEM (or are Steph Curry).

Besides, I'm sure Draymond opted out to put pressure to trade Poole. And then hopefully come back on s team friendly deal to sure up the bench for another run at a title. And it gets us out from his terrible contact.

I think it could work out.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: July 27, 2023, 02:41:26 PM »
I must confess my admiration for the Warriors. Even after losing the Finals, they still possess a magnificent team with star players like Curry, Thompson, and Green. Additionally, their new addition Durant, who is an MVP, brings a fair amount of excitement, although I am curious about how he will mesh with the team.

I am also thrilled about the new players, particularly Pachulia and McGee, whose unique playing style adds an element of fun to the game. The bench players always come in handy, too. It is an outstanding squad, and I'm looking forward to seeing them succeed next season.

No one tell it. :P
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: November 15, 2023, 12:15:55 PM »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: November 16, 2023, 01:21:36 AM »
how dare you make a direct comparison of the Stifle Tower to Captain America!?
You think that A stands for FRANCE!!!!??

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: June 06, 2024, 07:33:00 AM »
*Post Removed by poster. Situation resolved *
« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 10:37:30 AM by broodwars »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: June 06, 2024, 08:31:17 AM »
Oh dude, I'm so sorry.  It looked like spam and I didn't see you posted it. :(

That's weird.  I generally look at https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?action=recent to see the most recent posts and remove the spam ones.  I recall your post was in there twice (which added to thinking it was spam)... but, apparently, I deleted it from here and then the recycle bin - which is really odd, because the recycle bin doesn't show up in the most recent posts link. :(

So, I can't even restore it from the recycle bin.  :(
« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 08:36:06 AM by UncleBob »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: June 06, 2024, 10:36:18 AM »
Oh dude, I'm so sorry.  It looked like spam and I didn't see you posted it. :(

That's weird.  I generally look at https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?action=recent to see the most recent posts and remove the spam ones.  I recall your post was in there twice (which added to thinking it was spam)... but, apparently, I deleted it from here and then the recycle bin - which is really odd, because the recycle bin doesn't show up in the most recent posts link. :(

So, I can't even restore it from the recycle bin.  :(

No problem. I figured it was most likely a spam false flag since it was an old topic. Thanks for letting me know.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: June 06, 2024, 02:46:45 PM »
I'm weirded out that I just deleted four pieces of SPAM and they went to the recycle bin and aren't showing in the recent posts feed.  :/

Anywhoo, again, I apologize and will pay closer attention next time. :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: June 06, 2024, 09:19:27 PM »
So, in the past we've had some fun mocking the Jazz's awful yellow & black uniform rebranding, and apparently Jazz management was listening to the fan backlash because they announced those uniforms are going away in 2 years. Unfortunately, contractual obligations with Nike won't let them ditch those uniforms any sooner. In fact, Nike is doing them a favor letting them ditch the uniforms early.

The good news is that the Jazz are rebranding to several variants on the good old purple mountain uniform of the franchise's most successful years. An unexpected twist is that they're also slapping the Note logo over it in a manner that is suspiciously similar to some fan mockups posted earlier in this thread.

After this coming season, though, it's all mountains, including a surprisingly-good-looking new white home uniform.

I admit, I miss the teal and gold from the proper 90s uniforms, but those are such an improvement over the trash the team's been wearing the last few years.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: June 20, 2024, 07:47:19 AM »
Starting to get frustrated by how long it is taking for the Lakers to hire a new Head Coach.  It has been two months since Darvin Ham was fired and there is a week till the draft! 
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: June 20, 2024, 10:15:16 AM »
I thought they hired JJ Redick?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: June 20, 2024, 11:00:07 AM »
According to a source it is a done deal but there hasn't been an official announcement yet. 

Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: June 21, 2024, 10:46:17 AM »
and apparently, Redick wants Rondo as his Assistant Coach....

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: June 21, 2024, 06:18:11 PM »
Yeah I saw that.  It would be interesting to have him back on the team.  Hope his legal issues get resolved.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: June 26, 2024, 11:28:53 PM »
The Jazz have not historically drafted well, but from all accounts they did pretty well tonight, grabbing Cody Williams at #10 and Isaiah Collier at #29 when some outlets were projecting them to trade up to a higher pick. From what I've read, both were players that were at one point projected to fall a lot higher in the draft, but injuries and whatnot made teams wary of them.

However it works out, this was a weak draft and the Jazz aren't going to be contending anytime soon, so aside from potential trades they couldn't really "lose" here: either the new players really work out and the Jazz contend for a low playoff seed, or they catastrophically fail and the Jazz are in full tank mode as expected.

Really hope we get rid of Jordan Clarkson in the next few weeks. He's an albatross across this team's neck, actively getting in the way of young player development while not really winning us any games with his ball-hogging.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: July 01, 2024, 11:29:13 PM »
First two days of free agency is needing lots of patience from me as there have been no moves by the Lakers yet.
Alexis, she/her/Miss