Author Topic: NBA Thread: Season Suspended Due To Pandemic And Gobert Dumbassery  (Read 218270 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NBA Thread: Season Suspended Due To Pandemic And Gobert Dumbassery
« Reply #2225 on: April 01, 2020, 08:06:15 AM »
That'd be pretty awesome. So the plan is to jump straight into the playoffs?

Good time to switch to the Top 16 for a test run.

I bet this will be the HIGHEST RATED anything, and something to brag appropriately in these crazy times.

I haven't heard anything on jumping straight to the playoffs but I do know the Phoenix Suns plans to play at the "Madhouse at McDowell" while the Talking Stick Resort Arena is being renovated so in all likelihood the NBA would finish the season out now if that is with the remaining games up to today or whenever the season starts again or with the remaining 17-18 games from when things were suspended.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 01, 2020, 09:05:17 AM »
Having all teams in one location, with maybe a couple of venues active so that they could play an abbreviated, maybe almost college-like playoffs could be really exciting.

I hope they don't jump right in though. The play would be sloppy to start, and I'm really worried that conditioning issues would lead to injuries and/or problems. That said, any basketball would be good basketball at this point - even if filled with sloppy and lazy play.

Anyone planning to watch the 2K tournament coming up this week? My team doesn't have a representative, but it still might be interesting. Depends on how much trash talk is allowed through. It would be kind of awesome to have commentators instead of keeping the players on mic all game though.
NNID: ejamer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2227 on: April 01, 2020, 09:11:59 AM »
Having all teams in one location, with maybe a couple of venues active so that they could play an abbreviated, maybe almost college-like playoffs could be really exciting.

I hope they don't jump right in though. The play would be sloppy to start, and I'm really worried that conditioning issues would lead to injuries and/or problems. That said, any basketball would be good basketball at this point - even if filled with sloppy and lazy play.

Anyone planning to watch the 2K tournament coming up this week? My team doesn't have a representative, but it still might be interesting. Depends on how much trash talk is allowed through. It would be kind of awesome to have commentators instead of keeping the players on mic all game though.

As far as jumping in right away I would imagine there would be an   league wide testing protocal to make sure every team is cleared.  Then an abbrevated training camp of maybe 2 to 4 weeks to get back to where everyone was. Then finish the regular season and then have the playoffs in one city. 

Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2228 on: April 01, 2020, 10:03:44 AM »
I think they should play like 5 games before playoffs, if they can.  That gives player a chance to get the rust off.

I'm thinking they could prioritize the games remaining with the most playoff implications, then draft lottery implications, and finally just whatever gets everyone five games to play (or 70 games played total).  I know 5 games wouldn't cause a lot of movement, even in "best case" scenarios, but it could cause a little in some seeds, which could build a little excitement.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2229 on: April 04, 2020, 10:46:32 AM »
Well the 2020 Hall of Fame inductees have been announced.

Kobe Bryant, Tamika Catchings, Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett from the players side.
Rudy Tomjanovich, Eddie Sutton, Barbara Stevens and Kim Mulkey from the coaches side.
Finally Patrick Baumann as an executive.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 405
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: April 06, 2020, 10:05:25 AM »
More NBA Action..... however we can get it. LOL

I hope it's live so they can't do "takes".
Curry better be involved too.
I wonder if they'll be selecting team reps, or maybe multiple people per team, or just certain players on that "all-star"/"rising star" list to participate?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2231 on: April 06, 2020, 10:29:14 AM »
Gotta be just whoever they can get with the appropriate star power.  I can't see the NBA trying to make this a team thing when they're probably struggling just to get something going.

Good NBA HoF class, but now I'm sad about Kobe again.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2232 on: April 11, 2020, 10:42:23 PM »
Well the 2K Players tourney just wrapped up and two Suns players were in the finals. Ayton and Booker.

Booker beat Ayton in an entertaining finals.

For BnM and others... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYZqAVr-QX4
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2233 on: April 17, 2020, 02:01:01 PM »
Well the 15th of April was the last day of the regular season and I was going to go and see the Lakers face the Suns but that was before everything got shut down.  I guess there is always next season...  I wonder how long this will last.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2234 on: April 17, 2020, 02:15:45 PM »
But yeah in other news the NBA and players Association has agreeed to withhold pay starting on May 15th.

https://www.sactownroyalty.com/2020/4/17/21225674/sacramento-kings-nba-news-player-paychecks-withhold-25-percent-force-majeure 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 405
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: April 17, 2020, 06:17:24 PM »
except for those clients of Rich Paul, from what I heard. They get paid, regardless. it's in the contract.

Offline Adrock

• Please don't write anything here
  • Score: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 17, 2020, 08:39:11 PM »
Well the 15th of April was the last day of the regular season and I was going to go and see the Lakers beat the Suns
FTFY

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2237 on: April 17, 2020, 08:54:14 PM »
Well the 15th of April was the last day of the regular season and I was going to go and see the Lakers beat the Suns
FTFY
Pretty much.  I wanted to see how the new look Lakers from all the buyout additions were going to look as a team.  I wanted to see if the Suns were even close to a playoff spot.  Things would of been interesting if things were so that the Suns needed to win versus the Lakers to make it into the playoffs. The atmosphere would of been nice. Ah well...
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 24, 2020, 10:06:32 AM »
Are people watching the new Jordan documentary?
It's fun.  Reminds me of being back in junior high, when we got to watch some of the old Jordan documentaries during class time.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Adrock

• Please don't write anything here
  • Score: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: May 13, 2020, 05:48:05 PM »
05/13/2004 - Never forget.

For BNM

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2240 on: May 13, 2020, 08:24:49 PM »
He's an impressively underrated player.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2241 on: May 13, 2020, 08:33:02 PM »
Fisher was a key piece to the Kobe and Shaq Lakers.  To think he was drafted the same year as Kobe.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• The only Utah Jazz fan on the internet.
  • Score: -996
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: May 22, 2020, 09:56:32 AM »
Legendary Jazz coach Jerry Sloan died today at the age of 78.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2020/05/22/jerry-sloan-dies-nba-coach-utah-jazz-chicago-bulls/1767797001/

The guy was one of my role models growing up, and you will rarely find anyone who worked as hard as he & his squads did, and in a considerably rougher league than we have today. He deserved better than this. He deserved better than to be chased out if the league by Deron Williams. He deserved better than to be colloquially considered a "lesser coach" for having never won a championship.

He deserved better than to die the same week as that fucking Jordan documentary reached the Jazz-Bulls finals.

Edit: The Jazz organization have posted a short tribute video. I wouldn't be surprised if they finally commissioned that statue of him to go along with the Stockton & Malone ones in front of the stadium, too. Sloan was always reluctant to have one made.

BMM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cIOAmTddQs
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 02:04:45 PM by broodwars »
"It's time to play...JAZZ...BASKETBALL!"