Author Topic: Who has predicted it right?  (Read 4036 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Who has predicted it right?
« on: May 18, 2016, 07:11:17 AM »
It's been a long time for some of us on this forum and I'm wondering who has predicted what Nintendo would do the most?

Let's keep this short and expand on it later by starting with just the consoles and handhelds system features. Go ahead and post your own predictions or make fun of someone else's.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Who has predicted it right?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 10:52:21 AM »
I predicted Wii would be a massive success before it launched. My prediction then was based on the virtual console not the Remote but I was excited for the remote initially and could dig up old posts if I wanted to but not today.

I also predicted that Super Mario 3D World was the best game ever and needed a sequel and Captain Toad came along one year later.

But that is about it. I don't think I make very good predictions on features but I can usually predict with very damn good accuracy how the fanbase will react but that is a different story.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 11:49:51 AM »
I won the E3 predictions contest.

But I would be interested to hear what others have done.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 10:09:38 PM »
01net says that the Wii tablet controller resembles the uDraw tablet in style and that this:

is the closest mock-up to what the actual controller looks like at this point (design could change before release).

They also said the screen is in 16:9 ratio with a resolution of about 800x500 (sub-HD)

They said that heir sources can't confirm some details from IGN such as the SNES look and "Stream" name because they only have dev kits and the look of the system, the controller and even the name could change before actual release or reveal.

They also mention how June 2012 is the expected release date
http://www.01net.com/editorial/531993/project-cafe-quelques-precisions-sur-la-manette-et-le-streaming/

"Streaming plays a central role in the attraction of this "Project Café. The console will be able to stream wirelessly streaming multiple types of streams (different media, games) to the knobs.This will make it possible to play without turning on the TV, or start a frenzied games on the big screen, and continue uninterrupted into the toilet. A real revolution!"

apparently, rumors are  Zelda will be  delayed yet again.

Anyway, I remember Sega releasing sonic 3d blast for both Genesis and Saturn at the  same time. Also, EA  releases PS1, and PS2 versions of the same game all the time(or at least does in a transition).

What if this is what Nintendo plans to do?

Super Fighter Mix up!

Imagine a fighting game that had a group of peeps from a bunch of pupular fightign games...kinda like super fighter megamix from yester year.

Could have tekken characters, Soul Calibur Characters, Capcom SF characters, Sega Vf chars, Thrown in Namco, Sega, and Ninty characters, and Mk characters because we've always wanted to see ryu and scorpion duke it out.

If everybody bought revolution as their second console than that would make it the number #1 console cus all three groups would have one.

there was like a contest on here where we were supposed to create some game Nintendo would never do....
I was wrong

The outcome of this thread was pretty good
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=14998.msg211030#msg211030

In this one we got all but MK(no big deal actually)
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=10032.msg128988#msg128988
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 10:59:03 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 01:14:43 PM »
Is a mockup based on what other people have said really a prediction?
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 01:13:18 AM »
If the NX controller has scroll wheels on it, I predicted that.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 12:20:06 AM »
That sounds both likely and annoying. Though shoulder scrolls don't sound that bad.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 09:01:18 AM »
Sadly, nothing I predicted every came true.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 12:04:16 PM »
You may not have predicted it right but you did predict it best.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 12:05:10 PM »
seconded!
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 04:19:44 PM »
I predicted that for its first year, the Wii U would sell better than the PS4 and XBONE.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 05:20:25 AM »
I did really good this generation
Nintendo usually has the project names for a long time, and also the project names are usually cooler names for the consoles then the real names

Ultra 64, Dolphin, Revolution, Cafe, NX

It doesn't even feel like that long ago Wii U was Cafe and all the developers were getting on board. Always amazed that they are on board and abandon the console 1 year later.

As far as the second screen goes... Why do you need 2 screens if you have just one big screen?  1 large screen could act as 2 screens if you just split the screen.

What would be kind of interesting is a 2 part handheld. 1 part are the controls and the other part is the screen. Where depending on if the game is letterbox or portrait you can connect the controller part up in different ways.

Maybe this is what NX is? NX could be basically a ps4 equivalent powered system with a mobile controller. The controller when away from the system can play games. The controller uses SD cards and games can be transferred from console to controller. When playing games on the controller the graphics are downgraded to about Ouya/WiiU quality. Price $500

Basically what would happen if you bought an upgraded DS and Wii U system, but they're just bundled together and the games work on both systems.

Also new advantages would be...multiscreen play, more co-op modes, no worry about reach for netflix. The thing has a wifi connection too.

this works into the nx operating thing because of scalable games.   NX home, NX mobile. They could sale the NX mobile separately to people who don't want the console.

Also gives Nintendo a chance to get into the mobile market(phones not this thing) and not feel guilty for abandoning its cash cow.

Yup! Just add a switch on The NX II to switch from Handheld mode to controller mode and we're in business. (switch could be virtual)

Also, I am now expecting AR HD/4k from Nintendo.

Having  HD/4K AR is a lot more feasible since what ever device is rendering the frame doesn't have to do an entire 1980 x 1080p screen.

I look through my ideas..... Nile Boogie named the system!

The way Nintendo has it now though, i can't imagine it being more than $350. Unless they plan to start releasing multiple SKUs Apple/Samsung style.

The general zeitgeist believes like Wii U the Switch will be underpowered. However, if we remember some old news and rumors.

"They also said Nintendo would aim to put industry-leading chips in the NX devices, after criticism that the Wii U’s capabilities didn’t match those of competitors."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-begins-distributing-software-kit-for-new-nx-platform-1444996588

and this is interesting

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/10/21/wall-street-journal-has-heard-one-developer-is-moving-ps4-titles-to-nintendo-switch/
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 05:47:15 AM by ThePerm »

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 03:38:57 PM »
I predicted DS Virtual Console, new info on SMTxFE and the US release of Fatal Frame 5 in that one Direct.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV