Author Topic: LOST REAVER (used to be called Project Treasure) MEGA THREAD  (Read 16197 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
LOST REAVER (used to be called Project Treasure) MEGA THREAD
« on: January 15, 2015, 12:08:46 AM »
Title now finalized!

Project Treasure is a new Free to Play Wii U exclusive game from Bandai-Namco. Little is know so far, but the teaser in the 1-14-15 Nintendo Direct says it is a Four-player coop action game where you "clear traps, route enemies and seize treasure"

Judging from the header title above, something Egyptian is involved. Tomb Raiding perhaps?

Cast of Characters:

The Prom Date with a Gun

Idris Elba

Japanese School Girl with a Samurai Sword? Again?

Grim Reaper Cosplayer

I'm hoping it's some school puzzle based 3rd person survival/action horror game, but it will probably be:a  MOBA or Spelunky clone.

EDIT: Actually, you know what? Look at the green collars they are wearing? Some sort of Running-Man situation maybe? Play the game or collar blows your head off?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:51:36 AM by ShyGuy »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Re: Project Treasure* MEGA THREAD
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 05:29:38 PM »
So here's an interesting rumor, apparently, there may be more than four characters, Some speculate that a split second partial face shot in the trailer belongs to a character called KOS-MOS (I bet that's not her birth name) who is from Xenosaga (from the makers of Xenoblade)  This game was developed by Monolith Soft and published by Namco, so maybe?

From http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/01/rumour_could_xenosagas_kos-mos_be_appearing_in_wii_u_exclusive_project_treasure

and they got it from http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147570416&postcount=80

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 04:24:35 AM »
As low as my expectations for a free-to-play game are, I'm hoping this is 3D. Because I would totally play it if it were some sort of team based treasure hunter.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 05:25:59 AM »
Bandai Namco Games have been experimenting a lot with console free-to-play games, to mixed results. On the PS3, you have Tekken Revolution (waiting for energy), Ace Combat: Infinity (grind dozens of hours for a Raptor), and Soul Calibur: Lost Swords (single-player only). And on the Wii U, you have Tank! Tank! Tank! where the microtransactions is the retail game split in to chunks.

Depending on how much Nintendo has a hand on Project Treasure's development, we are either seeing a grinding, energy-timer slog or a "free-to-start" game echoes the shareware model of old. With Pokemon Shuffle seeming to have an energy-timer system, Nintendo is not opposed to such things.

I find it quite nice that Nintendo and Bandai Namco are sharing such a close relationship these past few years. Bandai Namco haven't been in my consideration for potential Nintendo partnerships in the past, so it is a nice surprise to see them working well together on Nintendo platforms.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 11:20:35 AM »
I don't like the idea of an energy timer, but I rarely have time to play video games anyway so I can't see it eating up too much of my money.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 04:12:26 PM »
I just want to say that despite this being the weirdest portion of the last Nintendo direct and not really interesting me as I avoid Free to Play games (except Windows Solitaire and Hearts), I've been quite impressed with Shyguy's first two posts and the investigative work he's done so far on this game already. A lot of threads claim to be Megathread's but this has proved to be one with such stellar work.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 04:47:41 PM »
https://youtu.be/0NFzytcnm2o

A new trailer from the Nintendo Direct JPN for 5.31.2015.
The game looks to be a hybrid beat'em up and shooter in (what I assume) randomized dungeons. The detail on the environment and enemies look quite drab. It's obvious that the lion's share of attention is on the player characters.

I fear for the game being a grindy, junky beat'em up with bad randomized dungeons and free-to-play BS, but it does look wonderfully dumb.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 11:09:09 PM »
I really just don't want this "cool down" bullshit in any free to play game. Just let me play when I want.

That being said, the game does look quite ridiculous. My interest is piqued.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 01:10:31 AM »
Wow, new info! It looks kinda mediocre so far, sad to say. Closer to Earth Defense Force 2017 than Left 4 Dead.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 01:39:11 AM »
Well, it is an F2P game after all. Shouldn't look jaw-dropping in beauty.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 10:29:22 AM »
Here is the official website: http://pj-treasure.bn-ent.net/

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 10:54:20 AM »
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 12:10:23 PM »
Bout time we got another Wario game.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 01:27:47 PM »
It's made in unreal engine according to Bandai-Namco's YouTube channel.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 04:24:01 AM »
Wow, new info! It looks kinda mediocre so far, sad to say. Closer to Earth Defense Force 2017 than Left 4 Dead.

Seeing as how I've only spent 10-12 hours in Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 while playing Earth Defense Force 2025 for 70+ hours, I find this comment as a compliment towards Project Treasure.

It's made in unreal engine according to Bandai-Namco's YouTube channel.

And the logo pops up on Bandai Namco's video! This is the most surprising facet of the game so far.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 01:46:43 AM »
So the beta for Project Treasure starts on September 3rd in Japan.

I mean...

The beta for LOST REAVER starts. LAWWWWST REAVAAAAAAAH!

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 02:31:43 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4CHF7o2Z88

The frame rate should be better. I hope it gets better, but I don't have much faith in Unreal Engine on Wii U and in Bandai Namco's effort for an exclusive free-to-start title on the Wii U.

The environments and enemies look extremely drab, the characters look only okay, and the snippets of action don't inspire. But there seems to be just enough silliness for me to probably spend a stupid amount of time and maybe some money in the game. I just pray to the stars that it doesn't have a miserable energy system as seen in Ace Combat: Infinity and Soul Calibur: Lost Swords. With any luck, Lost Reavers will look to Warframe and Phantasy Star Online 2 on how to implement free-to-play systems for an Action-RPG.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Re: LOST REAVER (used to be called Project Treasure) MEGA THREAD
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 09:53:45 AM »
Go into a dungeon, fight the mummies, watch your partner's backs, revive them if needed, and somebody defenseless carries the bucket back to the pickup point.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2015, 02:14:48 AM »
How long do you think it will take for the game to launch in the west? I think it would be a nice thing to see before the end of 2015, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Who knows how long it will be between the beta and the release? What's Bamco's usual deal with this sort of thing?

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2015, 07:21:17 PM »
The beta for Ace Combat: Infinity lasted for a week in February 2014. The game was later released on May 27th, 2014 for North America. Japan and Europe releases were also in May 2014. Typically, a beta is not far off from the full release of the game.

However, Ace Combat: Infinity had an early, Japan-only beta in December of 2013. For Lost Reavers, I don't recall a date announced for the Japan beta. We might be waiting until the late spring of 2016 to see Lost Reavers be released.

If the game doesn't get canceled by then, of course. Ah, I don't think the chances of that are all that high. It looks like Bandai Namco already has a bunch of game made already.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2015, 09:30:38 PM »
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the Beta began on September 3rd.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2015, 09:36:52 PM »
Here's some hot beta action:

Featuring Unreal Engine Petey Piranha

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2015, 04:51:16 AM »
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the Beta began on September 3rd.

Ah. If we're lucky, the game will fully release by March 2016!

Here's some hot beta action:

Featuring Unreal Engine Petey Piranha

Hmm, it looks as junky as I feared. Still, I want to try it. Might be fun enough to get a few loot drops. Hopefully Bandai Namco doesn't do something stupid with the microtransactions.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 07:14:28 PM »
Coming to North America!
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/42085/lost-reavers-coming-soon

The beta starts April 14 with the full release on April 28.

I'm ready to suffer, Bandai Namco!

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2016, 07:34:29 PM »
Harada said the project was used to train new employees for game development which explains why it looks rough, I assume Nintendo funded it because Wii U needs games and they want to build that relationship. It's free so I'll at least try it.

http://nintendoeverything.com/lost-reavers-is-being-made-by-young-devs-bandai-namco-trying-to-reach-new-audience-on-wii-u/