Author Topic: nintendo to acquire 2 major developers???  (Read 6003 times)

Offline Perfect Cell

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
nintendo to acquire 2 major developers???
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2003, 05:41:49 PM »
I doubt this happens... not Nintendos style... Id love t osee it though..... its the best way to get positive free press... and tell gamers the Gamecube is a good console.... Id love to see Camelot/Treasure/Free Radical added to the Nintendo roster but its doubtfull

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2003, 06:13:27 PM »
We all know the next Nintnedo Console will be called... *drumb roll* "Super Duper Nintnedo" short name DNES.

Ok,  believe wholeheartedly Nintnedo will not be buying any companies. Why buy companies if they are already making good games for you? Such as Capcom. Why spend some more $$$ for more of the same?

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: nintendo to acquire 2 major developers???
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2003, 12:50:20 AM »
if anything i doubt it will be HUUUUUUUUGE companies like capcom/sega, it would probably be more Retro/SK style companies, thats just my gut feeling if it turns out to be true

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2003, 05:41:06 AM »
Zoonami it is then.
Or perhaps......N-Space?
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2003, 06:08:35 AM »
Actually it could be the people behind Duke Nukem Forever. Or EA. Or Blizzard. It could be f*cking anyone.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2003, 06:22:19 AM »
NIntendo buys EA?
EEK!

Offline nonjagged

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2003, 07:35:42 AM »
Fat chance or Nin buying Sega, Capcom or Namco. They are primarily multi-format developers.

If Nin was to purchase 2 developers it would be smaller 3rd parties that arent quite 2nd parties like Factor 5 or Retro Studios.

The 2 development houses that Nin should look into investing in are Zoonami & Treasure.

Nintendo would most likely be a force to be reckoned with if they did.
Because Nin would be the most pure console type of gaming platform and would not compete with PC platform.

Nintendo would have covered most genres except for one last genre it may need to address. Sim Racing.

Mario Karts & F-Zero are the best in their genre but Nintendo also need to attract the huge mainstreamer's market that need the realistic games with floaty mechanics and liscense banners.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2003, 07:59:01 AM »
I dont think Nintendo just outright buys developers. They said they dont.  
LZ 2005

Offline Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2003, 08:28:13 AM »
Nintendo got to buy Factor 5! In review the dude from Factor 5 was asked are they working on other game than RS 3, and they said yes, but refused to answer what platform or what game. They cant turn on Nintendo! BUY THEM BIG N! BUY THEM!

ps. most likely the new game is on GC but you never know....

If Nin was to purchase 2 developers it would be smaller 3rd parties that arent quite 2nd parties like Factor 5 or Retro Studios.

Nintendo owns 100% of Retro Studios

Offline snorgasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2003, 09:43:40 PM »

Originally posted by: Manny
I was at gamecubenetwork.com a few days ago and they had a news topic stating that a japanese gaming mag named gamelabo reported hearin a rumor that nintendo has acquired to major developers.  It then goes on to say that the mag is somewhat credible with some of its predictions on the past.  Visit the site and see the complete post which was posted at 6-17 so if it aint showin up in the main page just go through the archive.  I dont know if there was already a post in this forum made on this but I dont remember seein any.  What do you people think bout this rumor?  Hopefully rick or anyone has heard somethin and can shed a lil light on the issue.  I for one hope its true and if it is, I wouldnt be suprised if capcom was on of the major developers.  As for the second major developer I have no idea, maybe namco lol.  Nintendo has let capcom and namco both work on their own franchises like star fox and zelda, maybe they been lettin them get the feel for workin under nintendo's wing lol.   Its all wishful thinkin but I can always dream.  Hopefully the rumor turns out true.

i remember reading this rumor post somewhere, and as far as i know they didn't say nintendo was acquiring two development studios.. they were acquiring the services of two game developers.. as in the people... it wouldn't surprise me in the least if shinji mikami is one of them seeing as he seems to be having a falling out at capcom.. plus he would be great for helping nintendo develop more "mature" games inhouse... as for the other one, i have no idea...
-- COMMODE7 - we write about videogames.. or something...

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2003, 03:45:58 AM »
You notice how Rare is M$'s only true console developer?

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2003, 06:45:18 AM »
LOL, are some of people serious when you say Nintendo will buy Sega/Capcom?  Do all of you think Nintendo's produces an infinite amount of money to put in its treasury?

Buying Sega/Capcom would leave them with a decent amount of change left in their treasury.  And they will have to support four major second-parties with that change.
I got some killaz on my payroll.