Author Topic: Umm... Hey, TJ....  (Read 11541 times)

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
Re: Umm... Hey, TJ....
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 10:21:36 AM »
We should set up a timer. If he doesn't come forward with the sources in time, he's perma-banned. It's a win-win!
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2013, 10:23:43 AM »
This is just....petty.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2013, 10:32:53 AM »
Wanting to read more about the "past cases" that TJ is citing is petty?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2013, 10:50:17 AM »
The another option is to go on a hate and shame campaign until TJ never shows up again. It would be fun as hell, but be considered To Fartm and would never get our answers.

Mind you, we have been through this cycle several times already where TJ gets himself in an indefensible position, we call him on it. Instead of backing down like a normal person he doubles down, it blows up in his face and we get left with the clean up bill.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2013, 07:42:29 PM »
damn!

I ran out of popcorn..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2013, 07:52:39 PM »

No, making a thread about it is.

If Spyke were a troll, this thread would me that he won.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2013, 09:53:07 PM »
If Spyke were a troll

I could drive a f**king 18-wheeler through this, but I won't.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2013, 10:13:36 PM »

No, making a thread about it is.

If Spyke were a troll, this thread would me that he won.

*If* Spyke were a troll, then he can come in and declare victory.  Or stay out of here and never provide an answer.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's not a troll and that he was telling the truth about the "past cases" he was basing his opinion off of.

Are you saying that I shouldn't have given him the benefit of the doubt and just declared him a troll?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2013, 10:28:50 PM »
I honestly can't tell if this is still a joke.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2013, 10:56:57 PM »
I honestly can't tell if this is still a joke.

I dunno... is it joke to think that TJ was telling the truth and might not be a troll?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2013, 09:09:39 PM »
Ok, I can tell now. Thanks.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2013, 10:27:02 PM »
Okay, I'll admit - at this point, it's just mean spirited.  It's obvious that either TJ has nothing or he has zero interest in having an open conversation.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2013, 12:00:25 AM »
Didn't he already admit that he couldn't find any of the "cases" he made up in his head cited as sources?

LEAVE TJ ALONE!!!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 12:04:58 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2013, 12:03:39 AM »
He merely said he was "having trouble finding" the cases.  Which is pretty understandable - so I asked for any details he could offer, like names of games, developers or anything, so that I could try and research these cases myself.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2013, 08:49:35 PM »
Yeah, that's all you did.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2013, 08:56:08 PM »
...Yeah?  I provided him with multiple opportunities to answer as well.

You tell me - what would have been the better route:

A) Simply assume TJ was providing accurate and honest information when he cited "past cases", even though he has shown to have issues understanding and relaying what he's read in the past?

B) Just ignore TJ and not even attempt to have a conversation with him?

C) Call him out as a liar on the spot and not give him a chance to provide the information he may have?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 08:58:36 PM by UncleBob »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2013, 09:22:47 PM »
D) Ask him twice, then tell him (politely) that you can't accept his stance as he's unable to cite his sources and then not make a thread about.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2013, 09:34:53 PM »
We did. Not only that, but we countered with sources to which he had no answer to other than his usual asinine routine. Quite frankly I think I was too polite about it given the BS he pulls.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2013, 09:40:11 PM »
So, basically, "B".

And for the record, I originally only asked him three times.  I first asked him to cite the cases (that's one), where he then claimed he was having trouble finding them.  I questioned him on the fact that he couldn't cite the cases (that's two), to which he again reiterated that he couldn't find them and was going off memory.  So, giving him the benefit of the doubt, I then asked him for any details he could remember about the cases (that's three) - because, why would you remember the outcome of a case, but not remember something like who was involved or what it was over?  TJ then responded to a lengthy post that was made after mine by another member - and made no effort to address my simple question asking for clarification on his claim about the existence of previous cases.

I *could* have let it go then.  A bigger man probably would have.  But this is after, multiple times in that very thread, that TJ just skipped over any points he just couldn't say something against.

Like when I asked about CurtDogg's Backlogg.  TJ said that was different, because he/NWR isn't making money on it.  I pointed out that they were, because they're making money from ads on the site where it's shown.  TJ then said *that* was different, because CD/NWR is making money on ads from the advertising company - which is "a shady area, but not as bad as the LP."  I pointed out that making money from ads is the EXACT SAME THING that LP's do and the ENTIRE basis of this whole deal between Nintendo/YouTube/Let's Players.

TJ then continues to try and make his argument, but makes ZERO effort to address his VERY ON contradiction.  Doesn't even acknowledge it.

Now, *that* is based on his opinion.  So, whatever - TJ has a conflicting opinion about something.  It's his opinion and his right to do so.  Even if it makes no sense.

But when TJ started citing facts from these "past cases", then I should have the right to question him.  If he's going to present historical data as a fact to back up his opinion, then he should have to let everyone see that same historical data.  Who knows, I might read it and agree with him!  I mean, we're talking about the outcome of a court case, after all.  Not much to debate there.

If you say "Dude, don't eat that Big Mac.  It sucks.", then I'm not going to press you too much on your opinion.  If you say "Dude, don't eat that Big Mac!  McDonald's uses ground up babies for the meat!", then yes, I'm going to press you for some kind of evidence.

Now, mind you, this is all after TJ came on here, calling someone just flat out crude and horrible names because he misread an article she wrote - and still hasn't apologized for it or admitted that he was wrong (in fact, I think he's still under the belief that he's in the right about that).

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2013, 10:17:43 PM »
We did. Not only that, but we countered with sources to which he had no answer to other than his usual asinine routine. Quite frankly I think I was too polite about it given the BS he pulls.

You did a much better job than normal. To be honest, sometimes I feel like you respond to TJ's asshatery with bullying, but definitely not this time.

U-Bob, what happened after the first three times? What about this whole thread? At what point have you won, and it's enough?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2013, 10:26:05 PM »
U-Bob, what happened after the first three times? What about this whole thread? At what point have you won, and it's enough?

I *could* have let it go then.  A bigger man probably would have.  But this is after, multiple times in that very thread, that TJ just skipped over any points he just couldn't say something against.

Besides, it's not about "winning".  I'm not trying to "win" - there's no prizes involved, so to "win" would be pointless.

I just want the truth from TJ.  Is that too much to ask for?  Seriously - no jokes here.  Nickmitch, do you think I'm seriously asking for too much when I ask that TJ tell the truth about his claims?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2013, 11:16:19 PM »
No, I just think you're doing too much to get the response you're looking for. There was a point where you knew you were right, knew TJ wasn't going to admit fault, but you kept going. You stopped being reasonable a while back.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2013, 11:32:31 PM »
I never claimed I was being reasonable. :D

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2013, 12:42:00 AM »
Nope, just a douchebag.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2013, 01:08:23 AM »
Takes one to know one.
* UncleBob sticks his fingers in his ears, waves his fingers and spits out a raspberry.

Yeah, that's how mature we've gotten at this point.

Although, I'm really amused that it makes me a douchbag to give TJ multiple chances to support what he claimed.  Perhaps I should have just posted something like "my god TJSpyke, you are so annoying".  Or I could just wait for him to get banned again, then celebrate the fact that he's banned.  In a topic where everyone is simply trying to be nice to me.