Author Topic: E3 2013 discussion thread  (Read 39968 times)

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2013 discussion thread
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 02:28:06 PM »
500 smackers....in this economy? Well thats the icing on the cake...that I will never eat.

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2013, 02:30:03 PM »
*cough* $500 bones *cough*.

Really don't see the Xbox One selling all that well at launch.  PS4 keeps looking better and better. 

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2013, 02:31:55 PM »
PS4 doesn't look all that good either, especially with them keeping the worst controller design of the last 15 years.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2013, 02:39:47 PM »
Yikes, that price.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2013, 02:41:32 PM »
Xbone $499 in November

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2013, 02:42:09 PM »
Killer Instinct looked awesome. Way better than the 90s claymation looking crap. I'm expecting microsoft to pull a WB and buy their way into next years evo.

So what happens if PS4 is $500 as well. I mean they have everything Microsoft does with better parts and way more expensive ram.

It sucks but I expected $500 for both at the hgh end. I think microsoft could have used a crappy basic model as well.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2013, 02:44:04 PM »
PS4 doesn't look all that good either, especially with them keeping the worst controller design of the last 15 years.

Well, that's your opinion. Mine's quite the opposite.

As for the Microsoft conference, I love shooters. I really do. I'm playing one right now in Call of Juarez: The Gunslinger, but I was getting serious shooter fatigue watching that press conference. And NONE of those shooters were as colorful as Gunslinger is. I don't give a **** about Metal Gear and The Last of Us is pretty much the last Zombie game I have any interest in so Dead Rising 3 didn't do anything for me either. Pretty much the only two games that had my interest were Insomniac's game and Project Spark, and what do you know...those were the two big games with color in them.  And yeah, Microsoft was certainly keeping things classy by throwing in rape jokes while playing a fighting game (Killer Instinct) where a woman was one of the players.

And CERTAINLY not least: $500 for a console where you're paying $60-$70 to rent a game ON TOP OF your $60 a year Xbox Live Gold subscription to play them online. And none of your Xbox 360 games transfer over. **** THAT NOISE!

Not surprisingly, the gaming media is now circling their weapons around Microsoft, except for this industry's real journalists: the bloggers.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2013, 02:47:55 PM »
But you have to admit but because you didn't like those games mean squat right? I mean Microsoft announced a new Kinect sports games and they didn't even show it.

The sunset overdrive guy looked oddly enough like Mark Cerny.

Could someone explain to me why people were surprised by $499?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2013, 02:50:40 PM »
But you have to admit but because you didn't like those games mean squat right? I mean Microsoft announced a new Kinect sports games and they didn't even show it.

They certainly showed games, but I don't think they showed games worthy of a $500 console. I just saw more of the same in that lineup. If you like that, great, but chances are you're probably fine with your existing 360 for now.

As for the price tag, I think people were expecting a cheaper system with a subsidized option, which MS didn't announce.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2013, 02:56:46 PM »
Could someone explain to me why people were surprised by $499?

I think at least partially because all the analysts spent the last week saying it was going to be under $400.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2013, 02:59:08 PM »
Analysts are wrong more often than a monkey and a dart board.

$499 doesn't surprise me. I need to watch the trailers to see if anything in their lineup is enticing. Nothing sounds fantastic.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2013, 03:02:10 PM »
But gamers have pretty much told me to distrust analysts.

A new Zoo Tycoon announced for 360 and One.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dPJ4jyza48

Kinect Sports Rivals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WDX1Jqnfww

Looks like avatars are gone or turnedint something while still stylized are more real looking.

Powestar golf
 [size=78%]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DInXxizDhY[/size]

Lococycle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3nYPnu5-BY

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2013, 03:14:24 PM »
no way sony can come in cheaper than this, right? 8gb gddr5 ram? $499.99 ps4?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2013, 03:24:07 PM »
So I read comments regarding KI in another news site (I wanted to see Screens or video) and was surprised at some of the stuff coming out if people's "mouths"

Maybe I just wasn't aware of it back in the day, since I want on the internet as a kid.. But did people really consider KI a Mortal Kombat clone? I never had that impression as a kid.. In fact one of the reasons I loved the game was that it was diff than MK (which was only fun for fatalities and gore) and Street Fighter. The combo system was fun and easy to learn, it made the fights feel a little more fast paced.. I haven't met a single person to date that hates it tbh. Either people love it or never heard or played it..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2013, 03:36:24 PM »

For comparison sake

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:42:49 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2013, 03:38:04 PM »
So I read comments regarding KI in another news site (I wanted to see Screens or video) and was surprised at some of the stuff coming out if people's "mouths"

Maybe I just wasn't aware of it back in the day, since I want on the internet as a kid.. But did people really consider KI a Mortal Kombat clone? I never had that impression as a kid.. In fact one of the reasons I loved the game was that it was diff than MK (which was only fun for fatalities and gore) and Street Fighter. The combo system was fun and easy to learn, it made the fights feel a little more fast paced.. I haven't met a single person to date that hates it tbh. Either people love it or never heard or played it..

I did when I had the game on Gameboy. Its why alot of people don't want this game and think the revival is stupid. Kid Icars showed me that a revival can be a good thing if done well.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2013, 03:59:03 PM »
Sony has so much potential here to absolutely destroy the Xbox One before it even launches.  Let's see if they take advantage of the situation.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2013, 04:14:10 PM »
From reading articles, did MS not announce more than one game for the actual launch?

Also, did Peter Moore basically say **** Nintendo and their Wii U?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2013, 04:20:10 PM »
$500?  Think we'll be seeing an expansion of Microsoft's subsidity plan that  they started recently with the 360?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2013, 04:22:04 PM »
From reading articles, did MS not announce more than one game for the actual launch?

Also, did Peter Moore basically say **** Nintendo and their Wii U?

Launch games known so far are
Forza 5
Kinect Sports Rivals
Ryse son of rome
Dead Rising 3
Lococycle
Minecraft

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2013, 04:26:31 PM »

I believe so, Ryse: Son of Rome is the only one they specifically mentioned as a launch title.

Other games have general dates, like they only said Dead Rising 3 will be this "holiday". They never said it would be at launch.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2013, 04:31:21 PM »
I think the main thing for me is that if MS had any chance of swaying me into purchasing a One, they would have to show me games that I couldn't live without.  Project Spark looked kinda neat, but eeeehhhhh...  Ryse looked fairly generic, the Forza guy couldn't stop saying drivatar, just a whole lot of  "Oh, isn't that nice."

The $499 price was right in the range I was expecting, I wouldn't have been surprised if the went to $529 honestly.  I wonder how much Kinect adds to the cost of the base system, and how much that limited the console's specs.  It's kind of the same problem Nintendo had with the Wii U; there was a cost associated with producing the tablet controller, and bundling it with the console increased its cost.  I was a little surprised to see how many preorders the console received before the price was even announced, but many of those could probably be attributed to unscrupulous individuals looking to sell launch units for a premium.

Offline regin

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2013, 04:36:45 PM »
This EA conference is like one big middle finger to the Wii U.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2013, 04:44:22 PM »
Yes, because when I think Fifa, I think Drake. /bitter.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2013, 04:49:01 PM »
Yes, because when I think Fifa, I think Drake. /bitter.

He was a playable character in FIFA Soccer 13, has rapped about how much he likes FIFA, was in a commercial for FIFA Soccer 12.