Author Topic: I think we should all perform forum seppuku  (Read 10731 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
I think we should all perform forum seppuku
« on: May 31, 2013, 02:01:04 AM »
Seriously though, I cannot be the only one that finds this whole thing with TJ, pokepal, and the others to be incredibly infuriating?

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Re: I think we should all perform forum seppuku
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 02:14:42 AM »
Like whose job is it to manage the forum, really? It seems like nobody wants to step up, just pass the responsibility around.

The only solution is to engage in open revolt against the admins and install a new leader. Like me! El Presidente!

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 07:50:44 AM »
hey, getting a chance to call somebody a hypocrite is hard to pass up...

and super, I think people would prefer me to do stuff IMO.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 07:55:48 AM »
I don't like to restrict the forums anymore than I have to. There are people I could ban that would improve the quality of the forums by not being here anymore, but I don't want to do things that way.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 08:16:51 AM »
You guys have to realize, just telling me to 'figure it out' in my posting doesn't exactly work well. honestly i have like two pieces of advice that i currently am following.

I think this place needs some sort of general posting tip list/guidelines or something. Not just for me and Tj, but for other new posters in the future as well.

not rules, but 'this is what you do if you want to be considered a good poster'

in fact honestly get rid of karma, and add a facebook style like/dislike system. so that i can see which posts people seem to like and not like.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 09:24:04 AM »
You guys have to realize, just telling me to 'figure it out' in my posting doesn't exactly work well. honestly i have like two pieces of advice that i currently am following.

I think this place needs some sort of general posting tip list/guidelines or something. Not just for me and Tj, but for other new posters in the future as well.

not rules, but 'this is what you do if you want to be considered a good poster'

in fact honestly get rid of karma, and add a facebook style like/dislike system. so that i can see which posts people seem to like and not like.

I think you've been doing better as a poster as of late, I think you just went a little overboard during that whole TJ Spyke Fiasco regarding the female "source"  slut-shaming issue. 

You also have to keep in mind that a lot of people here consider obnoxious posting acceptable the longer you've been a member of the forums.  I think it has something to do with the fact that it's difficult to understand the tone of a post, and if you've been in the forums longer, people are more likely to assume you're being facetious than an ass. 

on a separate note:

I think we should all perform forum seppuku

Ok, you first!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 09:27:37 AM »

Trust me, you are not the first person to suggest this (I actually suggested doing a Yahoo type system since Yahoo lets you give "Thumbs Up" or "Thumbs Down" for every individual post), but I don't think the people in charge want to do it since it would be more work. LOL
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 09:42:04 AM »
And YOU have to realize that it isn't anyone's responsibility to explain to you how not to be wang on the forums. Anyone who has told you to "figure it out" has, in fact, figured it out themselves. They didn't have instructions either because there are no instructions. This is not magic, man. No one can tell you how to not be abrasive or obnoxious. You have to just NOT be abrasive or obnoxious.

For example, you called Oblivion oblivious in like 90 straight posts weeks ago. You either didn't know that was ridiculous or you did and you were doing it anyway. You keep asking people to make you better. You don't seem to be aware that doing that repeatedly makes you the worst.

And seriously, if insano banned everyone who sucks with the intention of "[improving] the quality of the forums by not being here anymore," there would be like five people posing here. I count Caterkiller, BlackNM... Hmm, actually no, just Caterkiller and he doesn't even know how to use the URL BB code. So, really, no one would be posting here. We're all terrible, some worse than others, but yes, we're all terrible.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:49:21 AM by Adrock »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 09:49:32 AM »
BlackNMild actual has a thread somewhere about posting on these forums and another about some of the tricks with the software. Those probably should be stickied.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 10:03:30 AM »
I like video games!
Gouge away.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 10:07:42 AM »
I like video games!

Dammit, we can't have any of these kinds of posts around here! *smite*
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 10:23:37 AM »
You guys should be thankful Insanolord is rehabilitative, not retributive. Obnoxious posts only really get tolerated if they are funny, then there aren't obnoxious anymore. And no Pokepal, spamming Memes in itself isn't funny, go easy on them.

Keep Karma because Karma is funny.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 11:25:21 AM »
I don't like to restrict the forums anymore than I have to. There are people I could ban that would improve the quality of the forums by not being here anymore, but I don't want to do things that way.
Please don't do this. You have to keep the riffraff out or the forum is going to continue to stagnate and/or be terrible. And you can't continue to ignore most of your users. Watch this ****.

You guys should be thankful Insanolord is rehabilitative, not retributive. Obnoxious posts only really get tolerated if they are funny, then there aren't obnoxious anymore.
Actually pretty much every post is being tolerated right now and it's awful!

Keep Karma because Karma is funny.
Ugh no

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 11:44:31 AM »
Which one are you?, Gay or Hitler?

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 11:59:43 AM »
I'm king of the gay Hitlers. Your mom's dick is small

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 12:43:06 PM »
I bow to your superior display of might. You are S.U.P.E.R.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 12:43:32 PM »
Ha! The joke's on you - my wife said my dick is half an inch bigger than yours.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 01:11:53 PM »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 03:02:51 PM »
And YOU have to realize that it isn't anyone's responsibility to explain to you how not to be wang on the forums. Anyone who has told you to "figure it out" has, in fact, figured it out themselves. They didn't have instructions either because there are no instructions. This is not magic, man. No one can tell you how to not be abrasive or obnoxious. You have to just NOT be abrasive or obnoxious.
and you know what, firstly, if you don't have any wish to help me improve my posting when I specifically ask for help, what right do you have to complain about it when you were specifically given the chance to help fix the problem.
For example, you called Oblivion oblivious in like 90 straight posts weeks ago. You either didn't know that was ridiculous or you did and you were doing it anyway.
it was about 8 posts maybe, and it has been months

You keep asking people to make you better. You don't seem to be aware that doing that repeatedly makes you the worst.
Actually i have noticed, but if somebody doesn't like the way im posting why should i be the one to have to figure out why?

if you aren't going to get the ceiling fixed, don't complain about a leaky roof.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 03:13:55 PM »
Pokepal, it was NOT 8 posts.

oblivion is just oblivious i guess

my god oblivion you are so OBLIVIOUS :D

so OBLIVIOUS on the fact that its still a port of a two year old game...

so OBLIVIOUS on how i've been trolling you throughout the forums,

so OBLIVIOUS on what makes games great... i'm having way too much fun here

so OBLIVIOUS on anger management...(and reading comprehension)

so OBLIVIOUS on the art of humor

So OBLIVIOUS on reading comprehension here...

so OBLIVIOUS to how launch dates work

don't you think you're being a bit OBLIVIOUS to other peoples situations right now....

so OBLIVIOUS to how filesize works, (couldn't resist that one) :D

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2013, 03:22:04 PM »
oh my mistake but its still not 90 either...
and it certainly cant really be considered 'a few weeks ago' given it was a few months ago...

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2013, 03:42:28 PM »
Are you for rizzle?

1. YOU have to fix the problem. What part of this is so difficult to understand? Before you post, you have to decide whether something is ridiculous. Unless someone is willing to review your posts for silliness before you post them, you are on your own. No one is going to do that. When people say "figure it out," they mean it's on you to develop better judgment.

2. Since no one can prevent you from posting poorly, the best anyone can do is offer advice after the fact. And people have given you advice. You're not taking it and no one wants or is obligated to repeat these things. You either get it or you don't. More often than not, you don't. You have been told repeatedly that no one can fix this problem of yours besides you yet you keep asking.

3. I used the "oblivious" posts as an example. You're attached to the wrong things. It doesn't matter how many times it was (90 was an exaggeration by the way and I can't believe I have to tell you this) or that it was months ago (weeks is plural and still an accurate description). What matters is that you did that more than once and flat-out didn't know better. Everyone here except you knew that was ridiculous and that's the point. No one can teach you that posting that way is obnoxious, you just have to know that it's obnoxious.

4. Most people wouldn't complain about this if you would stop bringing it up in every thread. Cool your jets.

This would have been a waste of time if I wasn't just trying to kill the last half hour of my shift. I have like ten minutes left.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:58:44 PM by Adrock »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2013, 07:26:51 PM »
anyway just curious are you looking at something like this...

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2013, 09:21:44 PM »
I'll carry your books, I'll carry a torch, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, Cary Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to Old Virginia, I'll even hari-kari if TJ shows me how, but I will not carry a gun!
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2013, 05:18:31 PM »
Maybe if people didn't bully bad posters they would make better posts.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.