Author Topic: Battlefield 4 won't be coming won't be coming to WIi U.  (Read 13520 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Battlefield 4 won't be coming won't be coming to WIi U.
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2013, 03:43:03 PM »
Your statement was based on install base, not how many people use the system. No matter how well PS4/XBX 3 do, they wont overtake Wii U in a month.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2013, 07:03:07 PM »
Not only that, but I don't think the PS4 or Next Microsoft System will be out in a month. :D :D :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2013, 10:02:22 PM »
Honestly I don't think PS4 or Xbox 362 will do that well, at least not for a while. I think most people are actually pretty content with the current consoles. But, the Rock would certainly let me know that it doesn't matter what I think.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2013, 06:05:50 AM »
If they'd come out last November, they wouldn't be in much better of a position than Wii U right now. This is what hardware launches look like in the modern age. The PS4 and 720 likely won't even have as much exclusive software as the Wii U in the early months, given the tendency we've seen so far for games this fall hitting both generations of hardware.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2013, 06:15:12 AM »
I finally touched a Wii U and it felt weird. Grandma pussy weird.

Anyway, the benefits are apparent....immediately. My thumb is perfect to interact with that screen, similar to Ian's mom's asshole. All I'm saying is this...If Nintendo fails to utilize what they've made this round, I may..MAY abandon ship. The possibilities are stupid easy, i.e. simple. Get it done and let me enjoy my decision in trusting Nintendo for another generation.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2013, 12:14:39 PM »
I finally touched a Wii U and it felt weird. Grandma pussy weird.

Anyway, the benefits are apparent....immediately. My thumb is perfect to interact with that screen, similar to Ian's mom's asshole. All I'm saying is this...If Nintendo fails to utilize what they've made this round, I may..MAY abandon ship. The possibilities are stupid easy, i.e. simple. Get it done and let me enjoy my decision in trusting Nintendo for another generation.

Did this respected forum just turn into a "Yo Momma" session? Anyway, the Wii U will move when more first party titles come out.  It's not going to be a month.  It'll take until the release of the next Smash for this doom and gloom talk to be truly over.  Anyone doubt that Smash will move units?
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2013, 01:24:13 PM »
If they'd come out last November, they wouldn't be in much better of a position than Wii U right now. This is what hardware launches look like in the modern age. The PS4 and 720 likely won't even have as much exclusive software as the Wii U in the early months, given the tendency we've seen so far for games this fall hitting both generations of hardware.
Maybe but I don't think the PS4 and 720 will have the problem of not having third party support so the initial months hopefully won't look as barren as the Wii U has. I think both consoles will do extremely well on the exclusive front seeing as most of Sony and Microsoft's development teams have moved to next gen game development. I mean looking at the wiki of PS4 games in development it seems pretty lengthy.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2013, 09:49:32 AM »
You're missing the key bit of information our friend shingi_70 mentioned: Frostbite 3.
DICE can't be arsed porting their engine to WiiU, an engine they already have running on PS4. (BF4 will be a launch title) This is terrifying. Frostbite is EA's lead engine. Everything will be on it, Dragon Age 3 and Mass Effect: Subtitle are already announced to be running it. These are games (like BF4) are still 6+ months away from release. And DICE, the wholly EA owned developer of the engine have no plans to port the engine over. This is potentially apocalyptic. As much as we hate them, EA have some huge franchises and almost all of them that aren't sports or developed by Criterion will be using Frostbite. Even the non Critereon NFS games (the bad ones, but still sell jsut as well) are using Frostbite.

However, Nintendo shouldn't take the begging route to get the important game on their system, they should act like EA are stupid and don't deserve them. Talk up bundling CoD MW4 with consoles in November, look into Steam integration, promote Ubisoft 3DS shovelware ahead of EA's etc. Act like EA is the poverty stricken, disease ridden scum they are and kick them in the teeth.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2013, 10:06:53 AM »
Wii U Steam integration would be the equivalent to Nintendo palming EA's face and pushing it away.

Also, Mass Effect: Subtitle is perhaps the best title for a game ever.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2013, 10:25:55 AM »
I wasn't aware EA wanted to promote themselves from AAA to the majors of handheld gaming, so they don't *have* any 3DS shovelware.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2013, 10:44:28 AM »
Isn't there a slew of Sims3 spinoffs on 3DS yet? I dunno, I was only guessing.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2013, 10:48:13 AM »
You're missing the key bit of information our friend shingi_70 mentioned: Frostbite 3.
DICE can't be arsed porting their engine to WiiU, an engine they already have running on PS4. (BF4 will be a launch title) This is terrifying. Frostbite is EA's lead engine. Everything will be on it, Dragon Age 3 and Mass Effect: Subtitle are already announced to be running it. These are games (like BF4) are still 6+ months away from release. And DICE, the wholly EA owned developer of the engine have no plans to port the engine over. This is potentially apocalyptic. As much as we hate them, EA have some huge franchises and almost all of them that aren't sports or developed by Criterion will be using Frostbite. Even the non Critereon NFS games (the bad ones, but still sell jsut as well) are using Frostbite.

However, Nintendo shouldn't take the begging route to get the important game on their system, they should act like EA are stupid and don't deserve them. Talk up bundling CoD MW4 with consoles in November, look into Steam integration, promote Ubisoft 3DS shovelware ahead of EA's etc. Act like EA is the poverty stricken, disease ridden scum they are and kick them in the teeth.

But that won't work since EA will easily spin that into the narrative that Nintendo purposely has been sabotaging third party relations. That also doesn't fix the problem of Frostbite running on the system.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2013, 11:17:21 AM »
It's not supposed to fix the problem; it's supposed to make it look like it doesn't matter. Nintendo can't force EA to port Frostbite and if EA is so unwilling to, Nintendo's hands are tied. They're better off making deals with companies more willing to be partners.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2013, 01:39:22 PM »
It's not supposed to fix the problem; it's supposed to make it look like it doesn't matter. Nintendo can't force EA to port Frostbite and if EA is so unwilling to, Nintendo's hands are tied. They're better off making deals with companies more willing to be partners.
I guess but who is there left to partner with other than say Ubisoft. I guess were going to find out by E3. But ignoring EA doesn't really fix  or make the problem looks like it doesn't matter. Currently the Wii U won't be getting Forstbite 3 or Unreal Engine 4. What are the chances that it will be able to run Panta Reha, Luminous Engine, or Cry Engine 4. 

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2013, 01:57:21 PM »
Who said Wii U wasn't getting Unreal Engine 4? Mark Rein said Epic will not port it themselves, but specifically said another company can if they want.

Nintendo washing their hands of EA until they stop expecting Nintendo to grovel is the only course of action. EA took their ball and went home. Nintendo clearly reached out to them which is why EA was present during their E3 press conference in 2011. They just didn't want EA to have them by the nuts by relying on Origin which is understandable if that was the case (sounds legit).

There are plenty of companies to partner with who aren't being as ridiculous as EA. Getting GTA5 on Wii U would be a really great start and I hope that happens at E3. If Nintendo can get some momentum, not having EA begins to be less of a problem until eventually EA is on the outside looking in. The caveat is that Nintendo has to get that momentum somehow.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:59:00 PM by Adrock »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2013, 10:42:38 PM »
But what company other than Nintendo would take the time out to port the engine too Wii U. I'm increasingly thinking the Wii U will be for Nintendo, indies, and select Japanese games if sony can't hook them onto PS4.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2013, 11:21:47 PM »
You better watch out shinji, the whole forum may jump on you.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2013, 11:39:26 PM »
You better watch out shinji, the whole forum may jump on you.

For what being Logical. Expecting developers to put extra work into an engine to get a game onto Wii U and it still probably won't run as well as the other consoles. Than what happens to the newly made engine. No developer is going to be the one to port the engine to Wii U and share it free of charge.  I get everyone was expecting this too be Nintendo's reckoning during E3 2011 and I even got lost into the Hype train. Yet after E3 2012 which was pretty much Nintendo's biggest moment to shine we saw nothing.
I'm okay with the fact that the Wii U won't be a third party slayer and wil have to live on Nintendo and indie games. The problem which should have been addressed during the Wii days is that Nintendo's first party development is too small and Japan focused.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2013, 12:26:38 AM »
Nintendo should just port all the engines themselves.

then hand them back to the developers, so they can make up a whole new list of excuses as to why their games aren't gonna make the jump to the Wii U.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2013, 12:38:37 AM »
If Nintendo wants to see third party support without outright buying it, that seems like the best course of action. Port Unreal 4, port Frostbite, and make it as easy as possible for developers and publishers to support your hardware.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2013, 12:44:39 AM »
Nintendo should just make the third party games themselves.  Seems like it'd save everyone the trouble.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2013, 03:26:52 AM »
Nintendo should just port all the engines themselves.

then hand them back to the developers, so they can make up a whole new list of excuses as to why their games aren't gonna make the jump to the Wii U.

I mentioned before that Nintendo should turn their development resources that make casual games towards porting over games and engines themselves.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2013, 10:15:52 AM »
Nintendo should just make the third party games themselves.  Seems like it'd save everyone the trouble.

yes, they should port the engine, then port the game (with exclusive features/enhancements) and give the third parties 90% of the profits. Everybody's happy now.

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2013, 10:27:34 AM »
I'm with Shingi in that I don't mind the Wii U being primarily a console for Nintendo, indie, and select Japanese games.  If a new Assassin's Creed or other big third party title comes out, I'd rather play it on a more powerful system anyway.  With Steam, prices drop fast, and even a modest PC can play games at a higher resolution, with a better frame rate, and with better effects than current consoles.

I don't mean to argue that the Wii U is too weak, but rather that it does not need to be the ultimate console, getting every game, to be worthwhile.  As with the Wii, it will probably be a great console with a very different library than the competitors.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2013, 10:39:39 AM »

yes, they should port the engine, then port the game (with exclusive features/enhancements) and give the third parties 90% of the profits. Everybody's happy now.