Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 949216 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #1927 on: November 05, 2014, 07:26:36 PM »
It seemed the the obvious punchline to that joke. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #1928 on: November 05, 2014, 08:14:12 PM »
I guess I should clarify this in case the rules are too subtle. The ban on political discussion on the forums should be interpreted to mean that you aren't allowed to post embedded YouTube videos of campaign ads on here.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: November 05, 2014, 08:19:06 PM »
But I like the boat one with al-*banned*

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #1930 on: November 05, 2014, 09:21:15 PM »
I guess I should clarify this in case the rules are too subtle. The ban on political discussion on the forums should be interpreted to mean that you aren't allowed to post embedded YouTube videos of campaign ads on here.

Excepting, of course, these

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: November 06, 2014, 12:22:49 AM »
So I wonder if a certain someone is going to notice my little jab at Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, also known as the bad fanfiction that spawned many bad fanfictions.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1932 on: November 06, 2014, 12:24:46 AM »
Meh, it was the best Pokémon movie in my eyes.
Kicks 5th gen movie's in the balls.
Made you look ****.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: November 06, 2014, 02:30:12 PM »
Was that the one with the ancient Lucario? I actually liked the link to some form of a historical period for the Pokemon world. Was one of the better Pokemon films of the ones I have seen.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1934 on: November 06, 2014, 09:33:49 PM »
See pokepal? great movie.
Made you look ****.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: November 06, 2014, 11:41:13 PM »
...which is not saying much as none of them have been particularly outstanding.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1936 on: November 09, 2014, 07:24:16 PM »
Oh, O.K...
Made you look ****.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: November 12, 2014, 01:23:33 PM »
On these forums, Khushrenada is the Bill McNeil to my Dave Nelson, and I for one am excited for the point at which Khush goes away and is replaced by Jon Lovitz.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: November 12, 2014, 01:28:32 PM »
But Jon Lovitz wasn't as good and the show was cancelled after. Basically, you've just admitted that I'm what is keeping this forum going and once I go, it will shut down soon after. I accept your tribute.

Awesome reference by the way. NewsRadio is my third favorite comedy of the 90's behind The Simpsons and Seinfeld and somedays I'd even place it ahead of Seinfeld. I never saw it that way but it totally works. So, who is your Matthew and Lisa?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: November 12, 2014, 01:34:21 PM »
I think who's Matthew varies over time, probably Lucariofan right now. UncleBob's probably Lisa, both because he takes power some of the time and because of his and my on-again-off-again romance.

J.P. Corbran

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: November 12, 2014, 01:36:58 PM »
And to continue the comparison:

Catherine: Pokepal
Beth: BlackNMild
Joe: MegaByte
and of course Neal is Mr. James.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: November 12, 2014, 01:42:51 PM »
I thought Crimm might be your Lisa more from the "projected" friendly rivalry you've had in the past. Unclebob might be more your secretary "junior ranger" hence Beth as he is also giving off a doesn't care, burnt out vibe of late. I was thinking Pokepal or Lucariofan for your Matthew or the other option of every other poster so that one we were in agreement in. Lucariofan works too because he looks up to me as Matthew should look up to Bill. But then so does every other poster so that option also works.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: November 12, 2014, 01:49:22 PM »
And to continue the comparison:

Catherine: Pokepal
Beth: BlackNMild
Joe: MegaByte
and of course Neal is Mr. James.

Going by my viewpoint that I just started, I'd agree with Neal as Mr. James although I also think JonnyBoy117 could be in the running.

Megabyte is an interesting choice for Joe. It makes sense with his forum wizardry however I was thinking BlackNMild2k1 for that role as he is often posting a lot of images, gifs and finding neat oddities all over the internet plus he's had a thread of how to post and use the forums doing some of that technical work.

Catherine is a harder choice. Going by the antagonism she has with Bill, I'd nominate stevey for the role but he doesn't seem like the best fit. Have to think more about that one.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: November 12, 2014, 01:50:13 PM »
Yeah, Crimm wouldn't be a bad choice, but the power dynamic's a bit different and he also barely ever comes here anymore. Also, his and my romantic relationship fizzled out way too quickly for that comparison to work.

EDIT: Crimm's Andrea. He shows up occasionally and has annoying opinions on how things should be.
EDIT2: And of course there's the fact that, like her, Crimm's a serial arsonist.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 01:55:24 PM by NWR_insanolord »

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: November 12, 2014, 02:09:51 PM »
Yeah, Crimm wouldn't be a bad choice, but the power dynamic's a bit different and he also barely ever comes here anymore. Also, his and my romantic relationship fizzled out way too quickly for that comparison to work.

EDIT: Crimm's Andrea. He shows up occasionally and has annoying opinions on how things should be.
EDIT2: And of course there's the fact that, like her, Crimm's a serial arsonist.

I'd go with that.

Offline CidsMechanic

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: November 12, 2014, 03:14:05 PM »
I'm one of the background guys who never talks, but makes it look like a real station... at least for the first couple seasons.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: November 12, 2014, 03:38:27 PM »
That was one of the best things about the later seasons, they didn't even try to pretend there were other people working there, making jokes pointing out the insanity of that.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: November 12, 2014, 07:24:23 PM »
Here's today's headline for you (and, really, every day's headline): Khushrenada does it again!

The reviews are in!

This is the best thread I've seen on this website so far.

Thank you! Thank you! I'm now going to take a walk in the park as it is such beautiful cane weather today.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1948 on: November 12, 2014, 08:48:54 PM »
hay guys whatz going on in this thread
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: November 14, 2014, 11:45:01 PM »
Bumping a thread from over 10 months ago to take a completely unnecessary and extremely poorly executed shot at someone's word choice is what I call commitment.

J.P. Corbran