Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)  (Read 461756 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. WiiU (& 3DS)
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2012, 01:00:16 AM »
Technically Okami Wii was a port, so I don't think Amaterasu qualifies.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2012, 01:29:59 AM »
I loved Final Smashes, they added a lot of fun to the game. And as Racht said, you can turn them off if you don't like them, it's better than making those of us who like them have to lose them.

There are more 3rd party, but I honestly don't see even Megaman getting in. I know times have changed but not one developer cared about getting their characters in Brawl except for Sega and specifically Kojima, I doubt Sakurai is going to approach anyone about getting their characters in except for Square Enix for potential Mario RPG guys.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2012, 03:31:56 AM »
I think to make Smash Brothers 4 special, I would try to approach developers that had classic characters we love from the SNES, and NES era of games.

The biggest three characters I would want to see added are Mega Man, Bomber Man, and Simon Belmont.  I think all of those characters are cool and fit in the world well, and could even have very unique move sets for the series.  If we got those three and Tails, I would be very happy.

The only new Nintendo characters I MUST see is a better representation of villains in the game and NO, NO, NO, clones...even Falco must go.  Costume swap characters are ok. 

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2012, 03:39:10 AM »
The clones that we have now just need to get a little more Luigified. Falco and Wolf are just 3 special moves away from being their own characters. Just look at the animations for the Smash attacks, they are completely different. Just a little more tweaking and they could truly be their own. Same goes for Lucas, the Smash attacks are fine but the specials are too similar.

The truest of the true clones is Ganondorf. I hate how Sakurai specifically said he would not have been in the game if he didn't have a specific body type to C. Falcon. Even Falcons moves come from the original concept of Smash Bros with a cast of generic fighters, so why not just give him something else if nothing get's pulled from the actual Zelda games? Aside from the affects of his attacks they almost stayed 100% the same from Melee. 

Oh and Toon Link, give him a Deku Leaf and a usable wand then we can talk.

Here is an interesting thought for all those interested in Geno.

After Brawl was released...
Sakurai also mentioned that even among Nintendo characters, there were some they couldn't consider due to intellectual property rights issues.
Who else in the world of Nintendo could have possibly been tangled up intellectual property rights? Not Krystal, she made her Brawl appearance. That's right... Geno!

He made a cameo in M&L: Partners in Time so I honestly think he has a good chance considering Sakurai thinks of him as a Mario character and polled him for the Japanese audience way back during Brawls development.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 03:53:44 AM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2012, 07:03:49 AM »
Didn't Geno make a cameo in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga? Would they really have any issues with the rights when he already showed up in a different game? I have a feeling it wasn't him.

Personally, I can name several Mario characters I'd rather see than Geno. I'd start with Daisy but only if she's a Peach costume or if Peach gets a Super Princess Peach moveset and Daisy adopts Peach's Melee/Brawl one. There are too many Mario characters as is.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2012, 09:24:14 AM »
Well, about the clones, and Luigi...I want a fully different Luigi, with Luigi's Mansion 2 coming out I expect a completely different Luigi.  I want a Gannondorf with a sword and dark magic. 

I really like the idea of costume changes for characters...and if that means tweaking their character a little to still make them play different EVEN BETTER.  But, I don't want clones wasting the rooster of this game.  I agree a game should not have 50+ characters in it.  It should have a smaller number of varied characters that play different. 

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2012, 09:59:00 AM »
I think if they add Black Shadow, then they can reword Gannondorf to be more sword and magic and Black Shadow can be the heavy Captain Falcon. Luigi should definitely have more vacuum.

And I want some damn Waluigi.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2012, 10:11:51 AM »
I agree a game should not have 50+ characters in it.  It should have a smaller number of varied characters that play different.
What about 50+ characters that all play differently? Probably unlikely but a girl can dream.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2012, 10:20:38 AM »
Clones aren't that bad. They only thing that sucked with Fox/Falco/Wolf is they all had the same Final Smash. They play differently enough that different characters suit different players. You can't play the same way with Captain Falcon as you do with Ganondorf, the same applies with Luigi and Mario.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2012, 10:28:31 AM »
They had the same final smash, but they had different elements that made Wolf's the best. ;)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2012, 11:01:04 AM »
I think people's issue with clones is that they they're not different enough to warrant occupying entire roster spots. Rather than having say, Falco and Wolf as separate characters, they should be alternate costumes that play exactly like Fox and those 2 roster spots could be Ridley and Poo who wouldn't play anything like any other character (or at least, presumably so). I'm not saying I necessarily agree; I'm just trying to explain their line of thinking. The only clone that bothered me was Ganondorf because he really just didn't make any sense. Ganondorf and Captain Falcon aren't even from the same series. That'd be like if Daisy was introduced in Smash Bros. 4 as a clone of Marth.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2012, 11:16:28 AM »
Considering my main is Wolf - a "clone" of Fox - I'd have to disagree with the clone haters. The clones are different enough to be useful in their own right (except for Ganondorf, he just sucks).

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2012, 01:02:39 PM »
I don't know who the hell Poo is but I want him in there. I mean...c'mon...his hair alone is a worthy addition.

He's from Earthbound. He's pretty awesome.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2012, 01:20:59 PM »
The clones in Melee were added when Sakurai realized their roster was too small and they had enough time to implement them.

In Brawl many of those same characters received individual attacks.

Fox/Falco/Wolf - Up, Down, Side Smashes are 100% different in animation. Nothing about them is similar. hooray!
now it's all the specials that are somewhat different in looks or properties but almost the same. That's where people feel they are clones. But they are extremely loose clones of each other.

Ness/Lucas - again the smashes are 100% different. Lucas even inherited Mewtwo's style of up smash and down smash. It's the special attacks which have different affects but look largly the same.

Link/Toon Link - Ok Falco got some much needed work, why is this guy only faster with more knockback? Sakurai did big Link wrong and gave Toon Link nothing special to call his own.

Falcon/Ganondorf- Slightly different animations, but it's the specials which keep them super similar.

Since they are porting everything over from Brawl I bet some characters are going to get majorly tweaked. They've got all the time in the world and roughly about the same amount of brand new movesets to work with considering the stars that are left.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2012, 02:41:37 PM »
If any Square Enix character makes it, I would expect it to be Cloud or Sora. I'm not saying I'd necessarily want Cloud as he barely qualifies, showing up as an NPC in Chain of Memories. He's still Square Enix's most recognizable and popular character.

I wouldn't count out the Slime from Dragon Quest as having a good chance of being the Square Enix represenative.  The Slime is the mascot of the series and way more popular in Japan then Sora and Cloud.  Plus Nintendo publishes the series in the West now since they're trying to make it more popular in order to keep the series exclusive in Japan.  What better way to try and make Dragon Quest more popular in the West then including it's mascot in one of Nintendo's best selling series.

Yeah Sora and Cloud have the bigger western appeal but I wouldn't count out Nintendo and Square Enix trying to use Smash Bros as a Trojan Horse to keep increasing Dragon Quest popularity.
Forget the Character.  I want a Rocket Slime level.

Also, I'll say it again.  I don't want Princess Peach, turn her to Daisy, give my Super Princess Peach.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 02:45:13 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2012, 10:27:49 PM »
Mortal Kombat 7 had 63 characters. Sure a good chunk of them were a copy/paste from MK6 and MK5, but still. With the six year development time that SBB had you'd think they'd have more to show for it

But enough of that. Give me any Custom Robo or not-Falcon F-Zero pilot as a playable character and I'm happy

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2012, 12:41:08 AM »
Mortal Kombat 7 had 63 characters. Sure a good chunk of them were a copy/paste from MK6 and MK5, but still. With the six year development time that SBB had you'd think they'd have more to show for it

But enough of that. Give me any Custom Robo or not-Falcon F-Zero pilot as a playable character and I'm happy

I don't think SBB had 6 years.  I thought it started soon after the E3 2006.  6 years would mean it's coming out this year.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2012, 03:02:38 PM »
I agree a game should not have 50+ characters in it.  It should have a smaller number of varied characters that play different.
What about 50+ characters that all play differently? Probably unlikely but a girl can dream.

Honestly, I would overwhelmed by that. A fully balanced 50 character roster? I wouldn't even know where to start on picking a main!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2012, 03:21:32 PM »
If that's the worst thing you can say about it, I'd consider it a win.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2012, 06:32:45 PM »
Smash Bros.  I never wanted a main.  I just wanted to play the game. 

Though, I did gravitate towards Yoshi, Link, and Samus...but they are my favorite characters...though I really hate Yoshi's Egg roll move.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2012, 01:12:49 PM »

Honestly, I would overwhelmed by that. A fully balanced 50 character roster? I wouldn't even know where to start on picking a main!
Unfortunately, to have a fully balanced 50 character roster, the game would take 17 years to finish.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2012, 01:46:54 PM »

Unfortunately, to have a fully balanced 50 character roster, the game would take 17 years to finish.

At least this time around Sakurai has expressed that he wants a team of people to balance the characters rather than just doing everything himself. I mean I love the guy, but why does he have to be god in that regard? MK, King DDD, and Snake can just run rampant on some characters, it's just a load of crap! Glad he's taking a different stance!

I don't like Krystal, but I could see her getting in over Peppy and Slippy if Star fox isn't done with.

Crome from this new fire emblem or Roy.

Victini could be replaced by Zoroark, Genosect or Meoletta. As a matter of fact, if 6th gen is around by then expect that mascot to be included.

Goroh or Black Shadow, I think Goroh has a bigger chance.

Sukapon is a robot, he will be the new ROB or G&W just you wait! Only cause Sakurai talked about him before and I know he likes that thing.

Back in the Melee day's Sakurai said something along the lines of "I don't view Toad as a fighter." Maybe things have changed since NSMBW, but I think Bowser Jr is a much more likely candidate. I like him now that he doesn't have a paint brush and he used a mini Koopa Clown Car.

In Brawls coding here was actually code for damaged characters. MetaKnight with a broken mask and C. Falcon with a cracked lens. I think we can expect things like that in the next Smash. Though they did look a tiny bit violent I doubt they would go over board. Tattered clothes the higher the percentage sounds cool!

All Sakurai's talk of customization I think we can expect full on costumes like the Strikers outfits and even pieces to mix and match as we please. Wario being the only true costume change is a load of BS. Who would not love to play as peach in her Tanooki suit? Beyond that I expect at least in the 3DS version you will be able to dress up Ganondorf in DK's clothing. Or Peach in DK's clothing, Pro would like that.

Been checking Sakurai's Twitter but it's all in Japanese, still if he has something to say about Smash i'll find out about it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:01:18 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2012, 02:53:25 PM »
Star Fox won't be getting any new characters because that series has fallen in popularity big time since Brawl.  Back in 2005 when Sakurai was starting development of Brawl, Star Fox was still one of Nintendo's top series represented in Smash Bros.  The problem is after Command did poorly in 2006, Star Fox hasn't been a huge brand for Nintendo anymore and the recent port of SF64 didn't do that great either, of course it was just a port.

So right now in 2012 when Sakurai's deciding the roster, Star Fox is one of the least popular series represented in Smash Bros which pretty much kills any chance of any new Star Fox characters getting in this time.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2012, 03:10:39 PM »
As long as they keep Wolf. :(

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2012, 03:23:51 PM »
I think Krystal has a reasonably good chance of making the roster. I'm not a Krystal fan by any means but she's an important member of the Star Fox team and has a unique moveset. If SF gets a new character, it'll be her for sure.