Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)  (Read 457919 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)
« Reply #675 on: December 01, 2013, 04:50:39 PM »
I remember reading that Balloon fighter was originally playable in the first game but they dropped him. I think he turned into Mr Game & Watch in Melee.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #676 on: December 01, 2013, 07:02:11 PM »
I would love Balloon Fighter in Smash Bros, because frankly he could be an interesting character with different mechanics.

I would probably give him a down special that it is make a balloon.  One Balloon allows him to float at the level he is at.  Two Balloons allows him to "fly" and Three Balloons his max gives him fast controls in the air.  However, he can not double jump and he can only make 3 balloons max while in the air.  (Balance)

Then other attacks could be based on air attacks.  A Dart projectile, a Dive and rise attack that is like Luigi's not powerful, but up close gives you a big Smash attack, and this is mostly used defensively to get him up in the air for his attacks. 

I dunno about his regular attacks though.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #677 on: December 01, 2013, 08:08:42 PM »
What about magnus from Kid icarus:uprising?
Made you look ****.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 01, 2013, 09:39:19 PM »
Balloon Fighter is contained within Melee's data. Sakurai has gone on record stating that while he tried to include balloon fighter as a playable character he couldn't figure out what to do with him after his balloons popped. Now the villager's up special uses two balloons modeled in the exact same was as Balloon Fighter. That is Sakurai's way of including him spiritually without actually including the character. Sadly Balloon Fighter has zero chance at this point.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 01, 2013, 10:14:15 PM »
Balloon Fighter is contained within Melee's data. Sakurai has gone on record stating that while he tried to include balloon fighter as a playable character he couldn't figure out what to do with him after his balloons popped. Now the villager's up special uses two balloons modeled in the exact same was as Balloon Fighter. That is Sakurai's way of including him spiritually without actually including the character. Sadly Balloon Fighter has zero chance at this point.
Well he could be an assist trophy

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 01, 2013, 11:10:46 PM »
So everyone in here seems to be speculating about the roster, but does anyone want to speculate about the game modes?

I heard someone mention stock-switching, so you can play as multiple characters in one match. That's a fantastic idea.

How about a mode where dying first is the objective? First one to die wins. Or person with the most death wins. It would certainly flip the game on its head. You could even have stages that make a race of it, like a giant tunnel that zigzags downward and you pretty much just fight the entire time floating in the air trying to stall other players so you finish (die) first. Maybe there is some hazards on the walls as well.

I guess more simply put, how about a race mode?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #681 on: December 02, 2013, 01:23:55 AM »
Stogi, you would have to have special maps for that and it would be interesting.

Modes I want to see again: 
Classic Mode Return:  I liked the classic 1 Player challenge mode.  It was a set of basic challenges that changed because of the characters.  It was a fun and quick way to game.

Race to the Finish:  This was by far my favorite mini game, and it is sad that it was never expanded on.  I would like to see Race to the Finish return in two forms.  An online time race mode which has you trying to be your friends best time.  These levels should be specially designed for each character so that the course can be extra devious and have a couple of short cuts. 

But it should also come with a randomly generated map that can be played with 4 people at a time that are racing each other to the finish.  This level could have unlockable and random skins representing different games.

Smash Volleyball or Smash Soccer:  This is a simple game that has the characters attacking a ball like pong which the other team must hit back.  Smash Attacks make the ball go much faster, and Special attacks can slow the ball down, speed it up, or help you set the ball up for another players attack.  Sure it is basically Tekken Ball, but it sounds awesome.

Single Screen Challenges:  This could be a Smash Puzzle mode, which has players trying to complete a puzzle task on a single screen with their characters.  Each character can have 2 different puzzles

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 02, 2013, 11:16:23 PM »
Maybe something in vs mode that lets you adjust things like the size of certain characters

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 03, 2013, 04:50:01 AM »

Find Mii boss and a stage! Ahaha, niiice!..
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 03, 2013, 07:25:55 AM »
I was hoping this would be a thing.

Anyway, I like individual "Break the Targets" stages to return.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 05, 2013, 10:14:19 PM »
So, does anyone think it's true that Sakurai will consider putting Reggie in the new Smash Bros if the change.org petition hits 100,000...because that would be fucking great.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/408059837352660992 <-- posted by Reggie on NOA Twitter
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #686 on: December 05, 2013, 10:27:23 PM »
Can a change.org petition be anti-signed? Asking for a friend.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #687 on: December 05, 2013, 11:21:23 PM »
You have one ;)
Made you look ****.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 06, 2013, 01:05:49 PM »
So, does anyone think it's true that Sakurai will consider putting Reggie in the new Smash Bros if the change.org petition hits 100,000...because that would be fucking great.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/408059837352660992 <-- posted by Reggie on NOA Twitter

Absolutely not. What's really happening is that during the VGAX's Nintendo will show Donkey Kong and Smash Bros. A new character will be revealed in both. Cranky Kong(already confirmed) and then Reggie, as Mii. Just trust me this is exactly how it's going down. Reggie will be in the game but only as a customizable and playable Mii. 

Find Mii stage looks great! Skull Kid looks even better, though I wish he was a character, Ridley had better chances than him.

For new modes some kind of multi stock tag system needs to be in. Aside from that I can't really think of anything new for this type of game. Maybe the long jump contest with each character...

RomanceDawn

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 06, 2013, 02:19:14 PM »
Good call Caterkiller, that Find Mii stage now seems like a strong indicator that the Mii is in the roster. It'll piss people off, so at least there's that.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #690 on: December 07, 2013, 09:25:03 AM »
The only problem with the Mii is how do you quickly and easily get your Mii to look like you?  I guess it could be as simple as picking a Mii when you select your character, or create a new profile for yourself. 

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 07, 2013, 10:27:06 AM »
Import your Mii from the system, a Wiimote or from a local 3DS. Wouldn't be that hard to implement.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #692 on: December 08, 2013, 09:29:59 PM »
I WANT LUCARIO!!!(or Zoroark or Magnus ::) )
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 09, 2013, 12:31:56 AM »
We heard you the first time

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 09, 2013, 12:49:43 AM »
We heard you the first time

The first thousand times...

RomanceDawn

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 09, 2013, 02:22:31 AM »
Steel Diver gun :D

Some 3DS stuff getting recognition lately.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 20, 2014, 05:59:00 PM »
This today from Sakurai (via Miiverse)
Quote from: Sakurai
To be clear, the new Super Smash Bros. games do not feature a story mode like The Subspace Emissary.
I know most folks didn't dig SSE but I hope there is some sort of single-player aspect. It would greatly increase the overall value of the game for me.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #697 on: January 20, 2014, 06:23:43 PM »
Classic Adventure Mode is coming back!!!!!!!!

You heard it here first.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 21, 2014, 02:30:15 AM »
I know most folks didn't dig SSE but I hope there is some sort of single-player aspect. It would greatly increase the overall value of the game for me.

Sakurai already said back at E3 the game would still have a single player mode, it just wouldn't be a story driven thing like The Subspace Emissary.  So there could still be a pretty good sized Adventure mode in the game, it just isn't going to have a story with lots of cut-scenes like The Subspace Emissary did.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 21, 2014, 07:45:44 AM »
Man, the cut scenes from the SSE were almost the best thing about SSBB! The one where Captain Falcon helps out Captain Olimar still gives me chills.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).