Author Topic: My Thoughts: Two Wii U Controllers at Once Possible?  (Read 26004 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Re: My Thoughts: Two Wii U Controllers at Once Possible?
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2011, 03:02:15 PM »
OK look at this. Again I say it is possible for at least 2 which thinking about it now is fine by me. 4 tablets sounds like it is not going to happen.

http://kotaku.com/5809706/nintendo-looking-into-games-that-support-two-new-controllers

"We're considering our options with maybe two screens," Eguchi told Kotaku, who said he considers multiple New Controller games to be "an interesting idea." That would mean games that used two new Wii U controllers.

Now this I would be happy with!!

2 player head to head with out the other player seeing exactly what you ar doing/choosing because it's on your personal screen. How was that not one of their first thoughts when they came up with this? How could they have been in talks with EA and no one brought this up for Madden?

or maybe they just aren't talking about it because they didn't have any games using it or concepts using at this time to show.

We all know Nintendo is gonna cut some corner somewhere that everyone is gonna and up bitching about somewhere down the line, but 2 player local uScreen should not be that place. Online might be it, but it will hopefully be due to extraneous features (facebook, blah blah blah) and not core elements.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2011, 03:08:38 PM »
stuff....

You can redefine your comments and talk in circles all you want. I quoted and highlighted them and I think they stand on their own. If you don't see what was wrong then I'm not gonna continue to keep pointing it out. What was said was said, and what it means versus what you want it to mean is entirely up to you. 
If someone else thinks I misunderstood something you were saying, then I hope they point it out, but I really don't want to argue over it.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2011, 03:09:09 PM »
Yes let the hopes rise again!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Lady Mushroom

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2011, 03:09:48 PM »
Don't worry. Trust Nintendo. They will get it right.
The only walking talking mushroom in Real Life.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2011, 03:38:02 PM »
That sounds...strangely religious..
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2011, 03:54:55 PM »
I'm thinking bluetooth's seven device limit is the reason for one :siren: controller per console.  Four remotes, one balance board, and one :siren: controller makes six.  I'm actually kind of surprised the thing doesn't have to plug into a remote, but that would prevent several of the tech demos from working.

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2011, 03:56:11 PM »
lol nice gif.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2011, 04:11:57 PM »
I'm thinking bluetooth's seven device limit is the reason for one :siren: controller per console.  Four remotes, one balance board, and one :siren: controller makes six.  I'm actually kind of surprised the thing doesn't have to plug into a remote, but that would prevent several of the tech demos from working.

But 4 wiimote + 1 balance board + 2 uScreens = 7
so why would a 7 item limit stop a second screen?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2011, 04:20:06 PM »
Is it 7 Registered Devices or 7 Devices going?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2011, 04:26:17 PM »

In his example, the UuuuWiii would be the seventh.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2011, 04:40:08 PM »

In his example, the UuuuWiii would be the seventh.

I'm sure it was a joke just so he had an excuse to post the sirens, but the Wuu is providing the bluetooth therefore wouldn't be one of the devices right?

And even if it was, who would use 4 wiimotes and 1 balance board plus 2 uScreens all at the same time? I couldn't imagine the CrAzY ass game that would support/use/require that.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2011, 05:17:55 PM »
The Vitality Sensor will fill the remaining slot.
is your sanity...

Offline MorbidGod

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2011, 05:31:23 PM »
I think this time next year, we'll see more details on the multiple U-Controllers on one console. It doesn't make sense to have a controller for one person. The Wii was always meant to be a community affair, sometime to enjoy together. You can't have that with a center point being for only one person. It's possible, with the console obviously being in beta (and the controller) that Nintendo didn't feel like they could show that yet because maybe it's not ready to be shown.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2011, 05:40:26 PM »
It doesn't make sense to have a controller for one person.
I agree. However, Nintendo does a lot of things that don't make sense. 1 slide pad on 3DS? /never-ending facepalm

My hope is that Nintendo figures this out somehow even if it means spending millions to have IBM and AMD modify the chipsets. In the longrun, Nintendo stands to make that up that money and then some. They absolutely must be able to support 2 tablet controllers. I think most people can live with 2 tablet controllers per console, especially with online multiplayer at the same time.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2011, 05:48:10 PM »
Is it 7 Registered Devices or 7 Devices going?

I'd forgotten about that.  I think it's seven active devices, but I don't recall all the details on the spec.

I'm sure it was a joke just so he had an excuse to post the sirens, but the Wuu is providing the bluetooth therefore wouldn't be one of the devices right?

And even if it was, who would use 4 wiimotes and 1 balance board plus 2 uScreens all at the same time? I couldn't imagine the CrAzY ass game that would support/use/require that.

I had been wanting to break out the siren since learning the name, but it wasn't just a joke.  In Wii Sports, you'd want everyone to have a remote for a club or bat or other human-ball-interface device.  With four players, it would be impossible for everyone to have their own remote and Wii U pad.

Offline NintendoFanboy

• Score: -15
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2011, 06:13:09 PM »
I get the name now.
Wii controls, or U control.
For split screen, u have Wii remotes, and for one player, U controler
OK, still stupid but it all comes together.
Or just ask and if they refuse to answer then we can assume only
one WiiU controler at a time.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2011, 06:44:12 PM »
It's at least 2 Utablets or bust.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2011, 06:49:16 PM »
The system isn't coming out for a while and it looked pretty early into the design stage, I mean they didn't even have any actual games to show. So I think that as Nintendo starts to create games for the system, they will considering adding support for another screen controller. I don't know if they'll make it be up to four, but probably will allow for two once all is said and done.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2011, 07:23:34 PM »
I predict there is going to be a lot of fighting among players over that one tablet controller. Only player can have it and everyone is going to covet it, so its going to lead to tug-a-war scenarios where people are going to get hurt and things are going to get broken. The Wii was all about families getting together, but the Wii-U is all about ME ME ME!!!!!! which is going to break families apart and lead to higher divorce rates and suicides.
is your sanity...

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2011, 08:12:06 PM »
LOFL

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2011, 08:37:05 PM »
I was bringing up what I think is a serious point which so far I haven't seen anyone else really touch on. People are going to fight over that one controller, especially kids who don't like to share with their siblings... bad stuff WILL happen because of this. If parents could buy additional tablets so every kid could have their own everything would be peachy, but that's not going to be possible on this console. The topic of buying replacement controllers has been discussed, and if you figure people are going to be fighting over it the likelihood of it getting broken and needing to be replaced goes up exponentially. Nintendo may even face lawsuits from people getting hurt fighting for control over it.

Other players can use the wiimote, but realistically, how many players are going to be content with that while someone else is hogging the cool uber control?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 08:48:13 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2011, 08:55:56 PM »
Microsoft had the red ring of death to drive up 360 sales to the same customer, Wii U will have the broken tablets.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2011, 09:01:26 PM »
The system isn't coming out for a while and it looked pretty early into the design stage, I mean they didn't even have any actual games to show. So I think that as Nintendo starts to create games for the system, they will considering adding support for another screen controller. I don't know if they'll make it be up to four, but probably will allow for two once all is said and done.
Streaming content to an additional controller is more of a hardware issue. Nintendo needs to make that decision sooner rather than later because there's only so much time for IBM and AMD to alter their designs. Microsoft did something similar with 360 when they doubled the RAM at the 11th hour. The problem is that eventually these chips need to start being manufactured so Nintendo really has to get on the ball. Additionally, it allows 3rd parties to plan their games around it.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2011, 10:02:47 PM »
This report from the second roundtable gives us our answer I guess

6:57:02: Now time for a multiplayer demo. This second guy is using a Classic Controller Pro; they are playing locally, on the same system

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2011, 10:06:35 PM »
Considering there are no actual games being played, it's still too early to call. That is, unless Nintendo flat-out says it won't support 2 tablet controllers at all. At that point, I would expect the **** storm to descendeth upon Nintendo. That might actually convince them to make the change.