Author Topic: PlayStation4 - News/Rumor/Speculation - Over 1 Million Sold on Day 1  (Read 412455 times)

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: PlayStation4 - News/Rumor/Speculation - (Pics inside)
« Reply #875 on: February 25, 2013, 10:45:37 AM »
Sony had a live demo of Killzone 4 on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon--the game's running 1080P/30fps.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEH.
I dunno, just looked like more of the same to me. Fun, but not Earth-shattering.
And yes, the same criticisms can be leveled at WiiU and Mario U, etc. I just like those games better, I guess.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 25, 2013, 11:29:24 AM »
That's been my honest reaction to New Super mario Bros U and it didnt help that NSMB2 had also released that year as well.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 25, 2013, 11:44:29 AM »
whoops wrong there....

Uh...the PS4 will be the most amazing system simply because it gets hacked before it ships.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 25, 2013, 12:31:05 PM »
That's been my honest reaction to New Super mario Bros U and it didnt help that NSMB2 had also released that year as well.
I get what you're saying and I think it reinforces what I was trying to say: whether you're excited for WiiU or PS4 or neither or both basically comes down to personal preference.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 25, 2013, 03:08:24 PM »
I think I'll wait and see where all the RPGs start falling and then make a decision.  As it is now, the PS3 is still that system.  I still have a feeling I'll be getting at least a Wii U (if not for X alone) and probably a PS4 when it's below $300.  I actually shouldn't be getting either system anytime soon as my backlog of PS3 and Wii games is crazy.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: February 25, 2013, 03:20:59 PM »
Don't known any next gen system so i'm waiting till E3 to decide which I want to get this coming fall.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 25, 2013, 04:58:43 PM »
Shingi, you're going to get an Xbox Infinity for sure.  You love the ecosystem and the cross compatibility.  You will stick with Microsoft.  The only question you should have is whether you will get a Wii U or a PS4 I'd think.  My suggestion is the Wii U since Nintendo will have the better exclusives IMO.  Or if you can afford it, just go balls to the wall and grab all three of them plus a Steam Box plus a 3DS and a Vita.  Then you will never want for a game this generation. :)

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 25, 2013, 05:05:34 PM »
PS4 confirmed to have cross-game party chat.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130221a_e.pdf?' page 2
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 25, 2013, 05:28:07 PM »
Shingi, you're going to get an Xbox Infinity for sure.  You love the ecosystem and the cross compatibility.  You will stick with Microsoft.  The only question you should have is whether you will get a Wii U or a PS4 I'd think.  My suggestion is the Wii U since Nintendo will have the better exclusives IMO.  Or if you can afford it, just go balls to the wall and grab all three of them plus a Steam Box plus a 3DS and a Vita.  Then you will never want for a game this generation. :)

Lol

I'll probably grab a Wii U alongside the Xbox. By this fall the Wii U is going to have a nice little library.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 25, 2013, 07:54:24 PM »
wii u and pc most likely

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: February 25, 2013, 08:09:34 PM »
PC's dont' get enough Japanese loving for my taste--hense why I'm an Sony fanboy--I need my JRPG/Strategy games fix.

Either I can upgrade my PC (my current specs are medium-end--quad core/4GB ram/1GB VC) for $500ish or buy an PS3 which would play just about everything I want anyways minus a few exclusives MMO which I never bothered to get into.

My buy price of the PS4 is going be around $300 or so--so I'm going wait a year or so after launch but usually there's no major RPGs at launch anyhow and my backlog is still freaking high.

---------------------------

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 26, 2013, 09:49:49 PM »
EA is implying that their PS4/720 games could cost $69.99  if Sony & MS allow it of course @ their investor meeting today.

hurry up and usher in the "next" generation of consoles already.
my wallet is ready.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #887 on: February 26, 2013, 09:58:36 PM »
EA is implying that their PS4/720 games could cost $69.99  if Sony & MS allow it of course @ their investor meeting today.

hurry up and usher in the "next" generation of consoles already.
my wallet is ready.

A rep for EA said the guy misspoke and meant games starting at $60 and dropping to $50.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 26, 2013, 11:08:56 PM »
I would hope so, because that was a definite NO-SALE for me.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 27, 2013, 01:54:42 AM »
EA is implying that their PS4/720 games could cost $69.99 

Lol. Welcome to Australia.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 27, 2013, 01:21:37 PM »
EA's games could be a buck and I wouldn't buy them.  So unless other third parties follow along, that won't matter to me.

On the PS3 it is ridiculously easy to get great games at a cheap price.  Wait like six months and the game is $20 new.  Since I already do a lot of that now, $70 games won't change that.  Now Nintendo rarely drops their prices and I often buy their games on day one so if they raised prices I would be upset but if they have not done it already with the Wii U being out I don't figure they'll suddenly switch.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 27, 2013, 02:08:44 PM »
I'm the same way with 3rd party games and Nintendo games, but I'm trying to be patient with Nintendo games due to the buy 1 get 1 40%-50% off or buy 2 get 1 free deals that pop up every so often. If I suspect the game will be difficult to find, I'll pay full price (e.g. Xenoblade Chronicles).

EA currently has 1 franchise I care a lot about: NBA Jam. I'll still wait for sales, but EA can still have my money for that series. I wish I waited for the On Fire Edition though.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 04:44:46 PM by Adrock »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #892 on: February 27, 2013, 04:07:21 PM »
Speaking of, does the "On Fire Edition" have roster updates? That bugs me about the one I actually bought. Also, Blitz needs some updates for both rosters and the fact that the stat tracking is screwy and safeties don't show up in the box score.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 27, 2013, 04:44:11 PM »
I believe the On Fire edition just got a roster update. My friend was telling me how he started the game recently after an update and Dwight Howard is on the Lakers now.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #894 on: February 27, 2013, 07:57:37 PM »
****. Now, I totally feel like an asshole for jumping on the game right away. I may feel like a bigger one after buying the On Fire Edition in two weeks.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 10, 2013, 09:48:57 PM »
did they confirm no psn transfer? thats what i heard

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #896 on: March 10, 2013, 09:51:55 PM »
did they confirm no psn transfer? thats what i heard

Um, yes. That was announced at the PlayStation 4 unveiling back on February 20.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 15, 2013, 07:40:35 PM »
So Famitsu did some interviews of different Japanese companies asking them three questions about the PS4 and what they thought of it.  I really liked what Platinum Games producer Atsushi Inaba said:

Platinum Games Producer, Atsushi Inaba
  • "I got the impression that the competitive field for consoles is moving from basic performance specs to peripheral services."
  • "I'm not that interested in hardware specs like graphic processing. Of course, I thought [the PS4's specs] were quite impressive, but you can't win in a competition against PC gaming specs that are constantly evolving. I felt a great deal of potential in the peripheral stage that has been set to make use of new content. I'm also very interested in seeing what sort of reference content SCE will be bringing out so that the vision they have for the hardware is not diluted."
  • "If we can fully exploit the peripheral services, we may be able to deliver a different 'virtual world' from the previous consoles. I'd like to try that approach."[/l][/l]
To see other people's responses, go here. The Capcom one made me giggle and the Sony one was basically an ad for the Dual Shock 4 controller.  The Acquire CEO seemed very genuine as well.
[/list]

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 27, 2013, 03:11:07 PM »
https://twitter.com/gameovergreggy

Greg Miller from IGN is live tweeting from the SOny  PS4 presentation.
A few tidbits
-PS4/Vita remote pay have the screens mirrored on both. Hardware does this and not something that Devs have to put time into.
-A mock up showing heavy rain choices and showing you how many of your friends chose what. (similar to the end of every walking dead episodes)
-raises the PS4 friend limit
-You can buy games from the Playstion ios/android app and itwill start downloading at  home.
-You have to enable people to see your real name on PSN> if you import another social network this happens automatically. (can be turned off)
-PS$ controller buttons are going back to digital since no one used analog controls.
-The PS$ camera may be able to dtect when to go into splitscreen
-PS4 cam suggested uses is for video content like let's plays and killcams
-PS$ Camera has a dedicated I/o port so it wont be using USB or can plug into a PC. (boooo)
-PS$ camera high sensity 1280X800 12 bits/pixels, 60GHZ
-The light bar on the PS4 controller can be used for muzzle flashes or to indicate health
-PS4 can charge controllers when its off
-PS$ controller colors are 1-blue, 2-red, 3-Green, 4-pink (like the butons)

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 03, 2013, 04:32:02 AM »
I really hope Sony prices the PS4 affordably (under $400).

And I'd love to see Sony / Microsoft / Nintendo offer an official trade-in program, where you trade in your current console and get a discount on the purchase of a next-gen console.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 04:35:46 AM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931