Author Topic: Project Cafe & Pre-E3 HYPE Thread  (Read 102780 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Project Cafe & Pre-E3 HYPE Thread
« Reply #225 on: May 26, 2011, 11:14:47 AM »
It's a shame Nintendo is too high-brow for bathroom humor.  I could see them "accidnetly" leaving the mic on and Reggie saying "I'll be back, I need to go take a Wii.".. footsteps ... zipper sound... peeing sound...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 26, 2011, 11:21:32 AM »
Big game for 3DS is finishing it's final few seconds

Reggie says: "thanks for coming everyone" and then proceeds to walk back stage.
The lights dim, but over the mic you hear Miyamoto, Reggie & Iwata having a conversation.

Miya: I'm glad that is over
Iwata: I can't help but feel we forgot something.
Miya: Zelda; check. Mario, check, mario kart, check....

*Intern runs across the stage and then into the back*

Reggie: Pikmin, you forgot Pikmin
Iwata: But Pikmin is on...
Intern: Mr. Iwata-san, Mr. Miyamoto-san, Me. Reggie-san. All of your mics are still on. We can here you out front and the audience is still out there.

*Iwata, Miya & Reggie all peek out from behind the curtain*
At this point there is a camera behind the 3 and they are being projected up on the big screen
*Iwata pushes Reggie out onto the stage*
Iwata: You go and stall them.... start talking about our plans for the future of gaming or something

*Reggie stumbles out onto the stage (as the lights go back up) and starts talking*
After a few moments of talking about Nintendo and their plans for the future of gaming reggie says that his throat is parched and he would like something to drink.
The same intern from earlier brings out an oversized white coffee mug with the word Café on it just as a video of an HD game start playing on the screen.

Camera flys between planets and stars and heads towards the earth. It quicky reaches the surface and is panning over realistic looking HD environments, under an ocean, over some mountains and through a forest which then opens up to some plains that lead towards a castle in the distance.
The camera is swiftly moving towards the castle and just before it gets there you hear
"Hey! Over Here" in the voice of Navi
the camera pans quickly and you see Link sliding backwards while ducking behind his shield.
Everything slows down, Link is is Full HD, fully textured with hair blowing in the wind. Link looks at the camera and winks. Everything speeds back up to the sound of
"FALCON PUUUUNCH!!!"
camera zooms out to reveal a 4 player battle going on between Link, Captain Falcon, StarFox & Mario!!
It's the reveal of Super Smash Bros. xStream (working title)

After another minute or two of environment and character switches, Iwata then walks on stage as a column rises from the floor with a box ontop. After a very brief comment on what we just saw he takes the box top off the column to reveal the SuperWii2HD+ and spends the next 7 minutes talking in tune with a video presentation that shows off all that Project Café has to offer. Controllers, gameplay innovations, etc etc.

At this point Nintendo starts to talk about online and mentions teaming up with an outside expert in the area. All the lights dim and there is a moment of silence. Clouds of steam (compressed air) and confetti illuminated by a red lights blow out of some pipes just infront of the stage. Out through the cloud, Gabe Newell walks out on the stage with the Vavle logo and soundbite playing behind him (like a WWE entrance).

[the next few moments are inaudible as the audience literally erupts in clapping, yelling, screaming]
*a female journalist shoots a newborn baby up onstage from a front row seat with umbilical cord still attached*
**several man-bras are thrown up on stage too**

Gabe Newell explains how Steam is now also powering the Nintendo xStream (xStream is now Steam powered) and that it maintains all the popular features found on the PC counterpart except now you are represented by your custom Mii. Cross platform play may be available on certain titles (Mostly Valve titles) and mot importantly..... it is all still FREE!

The lights dim again and another video starts playing. It full of 3rd party games from the likes of Capcom, Konami, EA, Sega, Ubisoft, Activision & more. After about 9 different trailers there is one final trailer playing. It starts off with the zooming above a massive city like the camera was slowly falling from the sky. The screen transitions switching to different locales around the city. Some of them looking very familiar ending on the Hollywood Sign. One more transition to a man walking away from an explosion behind him and hoping inside of a Ferrari and driving away. With a close up on the man's face through the windshield of the car with the explosion in full view behind him
::Narrator voice over: "I thought I could get a fresh start by moving here.... I guess I was wrong"::
a large V slowly shrinks over the screen to reveal GTAV.

Lights come back on an Reggie mention how ALL 3rd parties are on board and the latest version of Unreal Engine 3 (3.9) is fully supported by xStream (Café).

Miyamoto then walks on stage with an xStream Controller and starts playing Pikmin....

Miyamoto is onstage demonstrating Pikmin Café and then reveals that Café is playable on the show floor along with 8 of the (20) games shown for it today (NSMB3, Pikmin, GTAV, RE6, F-Zero, Endless Oceans 3, New IP, other 3rd party game) and basic online/shop interface, everything else will be in video mode only.

The lights dim and the usual exit music is played as attendees are stampeding over each other to get out to the show floor and get in line for the Nintendo booth.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:30:42 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 26, 2011, 11:26:34 AM »

The lights dim, but over the mic you hear Miyamoto, Reggie & Iwata having a conversation.

Intern: Mr. Iwata-san, Mr. Miyamoto-san, Me. Reggie-san. All of your mics are still on. We can here you out front and the audience is still out there.

At this point there is a camera behind the 3 and they are being projected up on the big screen
Iwata: You go and stall them.... start talking about our plans for the future of gaming or something

*Reggie stumbles out onto the stage (as the lights go back up) and starts talking*
After a few moments of talking about Nintendo and their plans for the future of gaming reggie says that his throat is parched and he would like something to drink.
The same intern from earlier brings out an oversized white coffee mug with the word Café on it just as a video of an HD game start playing on the screen.

Camera flys between planets and stars and heads towards the earth. It quicky reaches the surface and is panning over realistic looking HD environments, under an ocean, over some mountains and through a forest which then opens up to some plains that lead towards a castle in the distance.
The camera is swiftly moving towards the castle and just before it gets there you hear
the camera pans quickly and you see Link sliding backwards while ducking behind his shield.
Everything slows down, Link is is Full HD, fully textured with hair blowing in the wind. Link looks at the camera and winks. Everything speeds back up to the sound of
"FALCON PUUUUNCH!!!"
camera zooms out to reveal a 4 player battle going on between Link, Captain Falcon, StarFox & Mario!!

After another minute or two of environment and character switches, Iwata then walks on stage as a column rises from the floor with a box ontop. After a very brief comment on what we just saw he takes the box top off the column to reveal the SuperWii2HD+ and spends the next 7 minutes talking in tune with a video presentation that shows off all that Project Café has to offer. Controllers, gameplay innovations, etc etc.

At this point Nintendo starts to talk about online and Gabe Newell walks out on the stage....

[fast forward 10 minutes of online specifications & 3rd party titles including GTAV]

Miyamoto is onstage demonstrating Pikmin Café and then reveals that Café is playable on the show floor along with 8 of the (20) games shown for it today (NSMB3, Pikmin, GTAV, RE6, F-Zero, Endless Oceans 3, New IP, other 3rd party game) and basic online/shop interface, everything else will be in video mode only.

The lights dim and the usual exit music is played as attendees are stampeding over each other to get out to the show floor and get in line for the Nintendo booth.
Don't forget the Metal Gear Solid Collection Cafe which is a Port of all the Metal Gear games into one seamless Chronological Package that will take the combined time of all the games to complete.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 26, 2011, 11:29:59 AM »
I also forgot Monster Hunter and how it would have connectivity with the 3DS version which was also revealed earlier in the presentation.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 26, 2011, 11:41:20 AM »
At this point Nintendo starts to talk about online and Gabe Newell walks out on the stage....

... and Reggie kicks him in the balls.  For the rest of the presentation, Gabe is rolling on the stage floor, clutching his nuts in pain.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 26, 2011, 11:44:30 AM »
Don't hate on Steam xStream, it's the future of ClubN.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 26, 2011, 12:05:51 PM »
Reggie:  Oh by the way your 3DS has achievements.

Walks out.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 26, 2011, 12:46:32 PM »
Seriously, did we know that the 3DS has achievements?

No one ever answered that question when I asked it earlier.
I don't own one, so it's not something that would stick with me.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 26, 2011, 12:52:25 PM »
Seriously, did we know that the 3DS has achievements?

No one ever answered that question when I asked it earlier.
I don't own one, so it's not something that would stick with me.
The Answer is....
No.

At the current time it does not have achievements that I have ever seen or a place for them.  It would make sense that would come with the eShop.  Now I just need to figure out how to change my Activity Log Mii because I made a much better one.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 26, 2011, 02:09:03 PM »
Those stories are hilariously absurd.

The way I see it being done is, well...professionally. I see Reggie talking broadly about the future of games and how the Wii paved the way in terms of innovation and how Nintendo would like to continue that trend of innovation but without alienating anyone this time around. That's when Iwata comes out and discusses the Cafe and the goals behind it. He shows a video of how it works and lists the features. Then Miyamoto comes out to discuss a game (most likely Pikmin) then a trailer of other games is shown. Reggie comes out and wraps it up, detailing which games are playable and that's it.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 26, 2011, 02:25:16 PM »
mine is much more exciting.

Gas prices have gone down and the HYPE TRAIN is fueling up. Get on board man.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 26, 2011, 02:28:30 PM »
True. As always though, I'm waiting for Rabicle to shed light on what's really going to happen.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 26, 2011, 02:35:03 PM »
And you get a Cafe Mock-up and You get a Cafe Mock-up

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #238 on: May 26, 2011, 03:36:01 PM »

The hype train runs on unsold PSPGoes (how do you pluralize that again?)
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 26, 2011, 04:25:34 PM »

I just assumed it's and Acronym so PSPGo's.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:19:10 PM by Ceric »

Offline Snake-Arms

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 26, 2011, 06:10:08 PM »

"FALCON PUUUUNCH!!!"

[fast forward 10 minutes of online specifications & 3rd party titles including GTAV]

Mmm baby, this has me all...tingly...and stuffs.

Nicely done.

Offline Snake-Arms

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 26, 2011, 06:17:06 PM »
I for one believe that this year's conference will be a mirror (of sorts) of last year's:  Game announcements-Some on-stage demos, Reggie talking about the impact the Nintendo brand has had over the past decade...and *bam*  Iwata-san steps on stage to deliver the juicy nuggets of information on the N6.

I don't recall ever being very amped for two consecutive E3s before.  Can't wait.

Edit:  How much smex would it be if Gabe Newell did, in fact, come on-stage during Ninty's show and announce that Valve is handling the N6's online system and that it would remain a free service?

MS/Sony am cry?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:20:30 PM by Snake-Arms »

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 26, 2011, 06:20:21 PM »
At E3 Nintendo will wow us and disappoint us at the same time.  They almost always have at least one thing that just knocks our socks off and there is almost always some part of the presentation that drags on and on about something none of us care about.

We'll see Pikmin 3, but they'll quickly gloss over it.  Then they'll show some glorified tech demo for like 15 minutes and we'll all wonder how this could even be sold as a retail game.  This will also be the title Miyamoto will be most proud of and will go on and on about with a huge grin on his face.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 26, 2011, 07:16:22 PM »
Filling in the gap.

At this point Nintendo starts to talk about online and mentions teaming up with an outside expert in the area. All the lights dim and there is a moment of silence. Clouds of steam (compressed air) and confetti illuminated by a red lights blow out of some pipes just infront of the stage. Out through the cloud, Gabe Newell walks out on the stage with the Vavle logo and soundbite playing behind him (like a WWE entrance).

[the next few moments are inaudible as the audience literally erupts in clapping, yelling, screaming]
*a female journalist shoots a newborn baby up onstage from a front row seat with umbilical cord still attached*

Gabe Newell explains how Steam is now also powering the Nintendo xStream (xStream is now Steam powered) and that it maintains all the popular features found on the PC counterpart except now you are represented by your custom Mii. Cross platform play may be available on certain titles (Mostly Valve titles) and mot importantly..... it is all still FREE!

The lights dim again and another video starts playing. It full of 3rd party games from the likes of Capcom, Konami, EA, Sega, Ubisoft, Activision & more. After about 9 different trailers there is one final trailer playing. It starts off with the zooming above a massive city like the camera was slowly falling from the sky. The screen transitions switching to different locales around the city. Some of them looking very familiar ending on the Hollywood Sign. One more transition to a man walking away from an explosion behind him and hoping inside of a Ferrari and driving away. With a close up on the man's face through the windshield of the car with the explosion in full view behind him
::Narrator voice over: "I thought I could get a fresh start by moving here.... I guess I was wrong"::

Lights come back on an Reggie mention how ALL 3rd parties are on board and the latest version of Unreal Engine 3 (3.9) is fully supported by xStream (Café).

Miyamoto then walks on stage with an xStream Controller and starts playing Pikmin....

Offline Snake-Arms

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 26, 2011, 07:52:02 PM »
Filling in the gap.

If this were to happen...pants would need changing...twice. :3

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 27, 2011, 01:09:35 AM »
Filling in the gap.

If this were to happen...pants would need changing...twice. :3

Seventeen times for me.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #246 on: May 27, 2011, 04:39:24 AM »
Actually, I think the characters need to be trimmed down, and then more added.

I for Nintendo franchises Brawl really does a great job of meeting all the characters people want...and then adds a few people don't want.

Honestly, there are only like 5-6 characters I think Nintendo needs to add to Smash that are Nintendo, and a few they could take away.

Falco or Wolf need to go.  Since Falco is a good guy, I say drop him and keep Wolf.
Metroid needs another representation, I would love Zero Suit Samus to be a single character, and then add Ridley. 
Pokemon could use a villain and I would love to see Team Rock, like they do Pokemon Trainer.
Then a Mii character, which could be designed to be like a random character, with different move sets.  That would be fun. 

Then for 3rd party characters...I would only want at most 5-6.
Sonic,
Tails,
Mega Man,
Bomberman,
Simon Belmont.

Bomberman has less of a chance now that Konami bought Hudson soft, but I would love that to happen.  Heck I would love Nintendo to actually, buy the character rights and make it their own series. 

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 27, 2011, 09:47:13 AM »
Actually, I think the characters need to be trimmed down, and then more added.

I for Nintendo franchises Brawl really does a great job of meeting all the characters people want...and then adds a few people don't want.

Honestly, there are only like 5-6 characters I think Nintendo needs to add to Smash that are Nintendo, and a few they could take away.

Falco or Wolf need to go.  Since Falco is a good guy, I say drop him and keep Wolf.
Metroid needs another representation, I would love Zero Suit Samus to be a single character, and then add Ridley. 
Pokemon could use a villain and I would love to see Team Rock, like they do Pokemon Trainer.
Then a Mii character, which could be designed to be like a random character, with different move sets.  That would be fun. 

Then for 3rd party characters...I would only want at most 5-6.
Sonic,
Tails,
Mega Man,
Bomberman,
Simon Belmont.

Bomberman has less of a chance now that Konami bought Hudson soft, but I would love that to happen.  Heck I would love Nintendo to actually, buy the character rights and make it their own series. 

...Wrong-thread post?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #248 on: May 27, 2011, 10:35:58 AM »
Yes, actually very wrong thread post.  Sorry.  I was juggling threads again.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #249 on: May 27, 2011, 12:56:14 PM »

I just assumed it's and Acronym so PSPGo's.

Actually, you're (generally) not supposed to use the apostrophe for acronyms. (PhDs, CDs, etc) I should just look to see how Sony does it.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.