Author Topic: OFFICIAL Metal Gear Discussion  (Read 177942 times)

Offline CaseyRyback

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:OFFICIAL Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes Discussion
« Reply #900 on: March 20, 2004, 05:08:52 PM »
Can someone tell me how to get stealth camo?    

Offline SearanoX

• Supreme Hooligan
    • View Profile
RE: OFFICIAL Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes Discussion
« Reply #901 on: March 20, 2004, 05:51:25 PM »
I believe that you have to submit to Ocelot's torture in order to get the Stealth Camoflauge.  I haven't done it myself, though.

Offline CaseyRyback

• View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 20, 2004, 06:42:59 PM »

Originally posted by: SearanoX
I believe that you have to submit to Ocelot's torture in order to get the Stealth Camoflauge.  I haven't done it myself, though.

thats what I heard but wanted to be sure before I played through the game only to find out I did something wrong

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 21, 2004, 02:03:16 AM »
Yup, submit to Ocelot's torture and you'll escape with Otacon rather than Meryl, and you'll get the camouflage instead.
DVDs | Games

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our peopl

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 21, 2004, 07:47:02 AM »

Originally posted by: rpglover
yeah when you start a new game, equip the bandana and every weapon you have will now contain unlimited ammo

Wait, how do I equip the bandana? Aw, damn. I just realized something. I started the game on Normal on a new memory card. That probably explains why I've never seen the bandana anywhere other than when I first got it. Poop. Oh, well. I'll just have to start all over again.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 21, 2004, 09:10:24 AM »
You equip the bandanna the same way you equip the Body Armour, Rations or Gas Mask... it just appears as an item in the left side of your inventory. You have to actually have it equipped to benefit from the infinite ammo effect.
DVDs | Games

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #906 on: March 22, 2004, 04:30:50 PM »
I just added the 8min worth of MGS:TTS intro cutscenes to Media Blitz!!.  Groove to that funky title scene track.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Sirmorphix

• View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 24, 2004, 10:29:45 PM »
While this thread has more or less nearly died, I'm announcing I have 100% dog tag completion in all difficulties.  This game is definately fun, but ever so short just like the original.
---
Electronic Arts Canada
---

Offline dark_eliment

• View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 24, 2004, 11:43:57 PM »
i have not fully done this game but from what i have been reading from sites and stuff i agree with Sirmorphix this game does seem short, not easy but short.
if you had one thing that you ever wanted what would it be.. just think about it, what would ya say?

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 25, 2004, 12:00:51 AM »
That's the thing with Metal Gear Solid -- it's short, but oh so sweet...
DVDs | Games

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #910 on: March 25, 2004, 06:03:57 AM »
Short enough for me to get back to Mega Man Network Transmission in no time.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 26, 2004, 03:59:20 PM »
It is fairly short, but still very good.  I had never played Metal Gear prior to twin snakes, so it was very new to me.  It took me about 10 hours to play through, although it seem like half of the time I was watching, and not playing.  As a nintendo fan who has never owned a playstation, I consider myself very lucky that the Cube was blessed with Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes.
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 26, 2004, 04:02:26 PM »
Yeah, I counted 15 days from beggining to end for me. After which I snagged what possibly is the last copy of Skies of Arcadia in my state! Hopefully its as good as everyone here says it is.

this title was definately worth the time and has me begging to play MGS2...except I don't have a PS2...
It reminded me of Jurrasic Park (the novel) where the two main themes were paralell, yet it worked out at the same time: Fate and Nuclear awareness. (For those wondering, the JP novel had the "Man playing god" theme like the movie, but also chaos theory which Dr.Malcom [Jeff Goldblum] describes in the book.)

Question: In the Codec Memory tuner, there's space for one more name. Is it ever used?

Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline AdvancedGamer

• View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 27, 2004, 03:30:07 AM »
I just got metal gear last night and I say its really cool. I'm about an hour and a half into it. My only question is what difficulty level do u think I should have it on? I have it on normal right now. It seems pretty hard. The only other stealth game I've played was Splinter Cell which I absolutley loved and I was pretty good at it. So what difficulty level should I put it on?
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 27, 2004, 06:12:04 AM »
the beginning of the game is much harder than the rest.  for me, the hardest part of the game was the first room you start in.  whether it's because it's hard to avoid the guards w/o a pistol, or i was just getting used to the control scheme, i'm not sure of.  probably a mixture of both.  if you get to the first boss and you're still having significant amounts of trouble, you might want to start over on an easier difficultly level.  but i found the game fairly easy on normal.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Armed

• View Profile
« Reply #915 on: March 27, 2004, 07:12:21 AM »
This game is short, i just beat it yesterday, only took me 11 hours, would be shorter (a lot shorter) but it took time to watch all the movies, lol.  It was fun while it lasted
If you like to read comics click below
**My cousin made it, pretty cool**
"Bilaran Wars"-Click Me

Offline AdvancedGamer

• View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 27, 2004, 07:13:09 AM »
ya I found the first part to be pretty hard also. My friend returned the game because he couldn't get past it lol. Its pretty sad because he rented it first to see if he would like it and he was almost positive about buying it but then he didn't. O well I'm glad I didn't listen to him and bought it. Thanks for the suggestion though...I'm not having too much trouble.
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 27, 2004, 04:10:06 PM »
I've been having problems with the tank boss on normal difficulty. The fight seems a lot more difficult than it was in the PSone version...
DVDs | Games

Offline CaseyRyback

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 27, 2004, 05:44:25 PM »

Originally posted by: Aretak
I've been having problems with the tank boss on normal difficulty. The fight seems a lot more difficult than it was in the PSone version...

use chaff and frag grenades. the boss goes down quick.

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 28, 2004, 01:48:54 AM »
Yeah, I figured out that Chaff Grenades stop the cannon fire, but I seem to keep getting run over by it when I move in to throw some grenades. I'm told that if you plant some Claymores or C4 and then let the tank roll over it, it will damage the tracks and it will slow it down. I'm going to try that later.
DVDs | Games

Offline SearanoX

• Supreme Hooligan
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 28, 2004, 04:07:44 AM »
You can also use grenades to get the tank treads (although harder).  With the C4, I'm pretty sure that it has to be detonated manually (using the B button).  He is pretty tough at first, but after a couple of tries he really is pretty easy.

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 28, 2004, 06:42:25 AM »
The strange thing is that I breezed past it in the original without being killed, and the same on Easy difficulty in this. Had another go at him earlier, and got rid of the first gunner this time, but was then flattened by the tank.
DVDs | Games

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 28, 2004, 05:37:28 PM »
I just beat the alternate ending after giving in to Ocelot's torture. I've cried only once before over a video game and even then not very hard. That was the saddest endings I've ever seen in a game. It wasn't worth the special item.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 29, 2004, 05:00:51 AM »
Muhahaha... finally beat the tank. The secret seems to be to stay as close as possible to it at all times, and then the gunner can't get a shot, while you're too close for the cannon to hit you.

I think I've improved my accuracy with the grenades as well...
DVDs | Games

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 29, 2004, 09:35:21 AM »

Originally posted by: Berny
I just beat the alternate ending after giving in to Ocelot's torture. I've cried only once before over a video game and even then not very hard. That was the saddest endings I've ever seen in a game. It wasn't worth the special item.
i'm actually going for the otacon ending right now.  hope to have it by the end of the week.  but i'm playing it on hard, so it might take a while longer.  is it really that different than the meryll ending?  you mean otacon doesn't put his hands around snake's waist as they drive into the sunset on a snow mobile??

edit:  edited because i'm a moron.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!