Author Topic: Prince of Persia:The Forgotten Sands  (Read 8386 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Prince of Persia:The Forgotten Sands
« on: February 25, 2010, 07:26:55 AM »
Publisher:Ubisoft
Developer:Quebec City
Release date: North America-May 18
Videos:
Impressions
Gonintendo impressions
Details-
The SNES game is in this game.
There will be Co-op play.It is similar to Super Mario galaxys Co-op system.The second player can maniplate traps,Hinder enemys,Draw a path to secret routes and the second player can use Sand powers as well.
Built from the ground up for Wii.
Takes place after Sands of Time but before Warrior Within.
This game will be a throw back to Sands of time as far as Game design goes.
60 frames per second.
New item:Sand ring.It allows you to create a handhold on a wall by pointing where you want the handhold and press B.
Beating enemys gives you experience points which makes you stronger and it unlocks different skills.
The 3 sand powers are The sand ring, Sand pillar, and Sand Sphere.
These powers can be used in combat and while traversing through the world.

I haven't played a Prince of Persia game but this upcoming game has my interest.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 05:33:12 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Prince of Persia:The forgotten Sands
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 10:02:16 AM »
Pics or it didn't happen ;)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Prince of Persia:The Forgotten Sands
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 05:34:42 PM »
So I have updated the original post with lots of info. There isn't a gameplay video but there was a CG video. I don't think you guys want to watch that.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 05:43:38 PM »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 05:47:50 PM »
Ha ha. :P
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 05:38:20 PM »
this looks pretty good, this is the type of thing Wii owners expect from 3rd parties, a game designed specifically for the system that isn't like a half assed game.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 05:55:11 PM »
By the looks of things the game looks fun. Also I feel the platforming parts will be exciting.
How many people here has played all of last gens Prince of Persia games?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 12:27:39 AM »
i had both Sands of Time and Warrior Within, but heavily disliked warrior within. The 3rd game i played a little bit and it seemed to be alot better.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 03:05:58 AM »
As far as I could tell not many people liked the Warrior Within. I think in Warrior Within they improved the combat from Sands of Time.
The last game I think was the best of the bunch.
What made you to not like Warrior Within Perm?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 04:08:46 AM »
a couple of things were wrong with what i played

1. It lost the Whimsicality in favor of the Mature
2. It wasn't gripping at all, in fact the intro seemed ripped out of summoner another lackluster game.
3. The controls were augmented so you could do all sorts of combos, which sounds great on paper, but made the game more like Mortal Kombat in control, which i don't think works well in an action game. It was super complicated and I preferred the simplicity of the previous game.

Maybe if I had played it more I would enjoy it, but its sat on my shelf for several years. I just haven't been able to get into it. Meanwhile, I've picked up and replayed POP:SOT like 25 times.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 04:19:23 AM »
I hated the controls in WW. It was all to easy to accidentally launch the Prince off of a wall and into a chasm and now when I try to restart it I can't even get to the part where you unlock time traveling because I get too frustrated with the combat system. It is too free for me as I don't have the time or desire to memorize the combo list for the game. I'd rather have a few easier moves honestly.

Perm's comparison to fighting games was great. Good analogy there.

I did love the instant kill options in Two Thrones though and would like to see them return. It was almost like puzzle combat because there seemed to be a way to kill off almost every enemy with those stealth attacks if you did it right. I never even figured out half of them.
My Game Collection

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 10:05:37 AM »
Warrior Within was dragged down by the horrible combat sequences.  Fighting was easily the worst part of Sands of Time.  So what did the developers decide to do?  Improve the combat for the sequel and make it the main focus of the game.  Problem is, even though it was improved the combat still sucked.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 08:21:31 PM »
i liked the combat in Sands of Time, i thought it was simple, and not too far off from Zelda. Plus i could do flips off the wall and off enemies and pull off wicked combos, the block button was in a weird place, so i never used it, but i just got the hang of being quick.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 08:26:29 PM »
could this be the first PoP game i play (aside from the demo that was on my first phone)?

Maybe.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 11:14:39 PM »
I don't think I played any Prince of Persia games so this will be a good entry to start I feel.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 03:44:13 AM »
Sands of Time on Gamecube is the best place to start I would say since this is a direct sequel to that game and takes place in between Sands of Time and Warrior Within. This game might have some spoilers from the amazing first game's twists.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 04:10:23 AM »
Alright thank you Stratos for that info.:)
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 10:54:02 AM »
Warrior Within was dragged down by the horrible combat sequences.  Fighting was easily the worst part of Sands of Time.  So what did the developers decide to do?  Improve the combat for the sequel and make it the main focus of the game.  Problem is, even though it was improved the combat still sucked.

It wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't eschewed the platforming, which was the best part of SoT, for the sake of the combat redesign.   That, and the fact that they turned the prince into an unrecognizable jerk face.

I completed Sands of Time and the The Two Thrones, and enjoyed them both; the Warrior Within didn't pass the rental test.  SoT still rocks.  The Two Thrones were almost a return to form after WW, but the dark prince segments kind of bugged me. 

I plan to play the more recent Prince of Persia reboot once I finally save up enough money to upgrade my PC or buy one of the HD twins.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 03:42:34 PM »
the first prince of persia i got into was the original on my first pc, the series had kinda dissapeared until Dreamcast came out and there was the Dreamcast game, but that game wasn't so great. When the previews for Sands of Time arrived I was like "i think i want this one", and it didn't disappoint. It was funny playing the Kareem section of Eternal Darkness after I had played Sands of Time, it just seemed so clunky.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 05:34:32 PM »
You guys are crazy. Warrior Within was the tits. Sure it was frustrating (there was the one part that had a bug that wouldn't allow me to hang off a wall), but besides that, the action was intense and easily controlled (I was jumping off walls and off faces, while slicing bodies in half), the platforming was awesome, and the graphics were pretty good. All in all, I couldn't complain.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2010, 02:07:57 PM »
the beginning of WW was pretty terrible though. it's not really until you start to get into the game and see different enemies and the dahaka chases that I think it really starts to pick up. Then they introduce some crazy platforming puzzles that are really quite good. I remember the clock tower one in particular.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2010, 05:31:43 PM »
I was in a game store the day after listening to the Game of the Decade debate on RFN and saw on the counter a display that said "Anything here is $5," so I looked through it and found a copy of Sands of Time, which I've never played, and I figured five bucks for a game that was nominated for game of the decade's a pretty good deal. Now that I know this is a direct sequel that should bump it up near the top of my backlog.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2010, 03:11:10 AM »
sounds like a score

Offline ThePerm